Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2019, 10:41 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,393,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Clarify. They were FOLLOWING spies, and their interactions throughout the campaign crime family.
Just cause Manafort thinks he can live long enough for a pardon doesn't mean he's not sitting on the goods regarding treason .
Manafort was willing to devastate his family and go to prison rather then tell all.
He s a waste of a life anyway.
Trumps guilty.
Graham knows it.
McConnell knows it.
Barr knows it.
America knows it .
Watching the co conspirators in the cover up betray America and prove allegiance to the traitor.
Gallows is too good for them.
Complete delusion!

Old 04-10-2019, 10:44 AM

5,129 posts, read 2,599,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayAnn246 View Post
Deny, deflect, rinse and repeat. I don't believe morality and criminality are relative when it comes to the presidency.
You are doing an excellent job of the bolded.
I understand you all must be depressed that your Russian collusion scam didn't work out as expected despite spying on a campaign and getting a special council involved, bless your hearts.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:51 AM

8,411 posts, read 7,427,057 times
If there was any wrongdoing on either side, Barr has an equal responsibility to look into both sides. Whoever thinks politicians, regardless of party, hasn't engaged in wrongdoing hasn't viewed the history of it.

Quote:
I think spying on a political campaign is a big deal. It’s a big deal,” said Barr, noting that there are long-held rules to prevent intelligence agencies from collecting information on domestic political figures.

“I’m not suggesting that those rules were violated, but I think it’s important to look at that,” he said. “I’m not talking about the FBI necessarily but intelligence agencies more broadly.”

Moderator cut: copyright violation
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.17768315f1f1

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-10-2019 at 04:13 PM..

Old 04-10-2019, 11:15 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,275,650 times
Sen Schatz, D-Hawaii took great exception to the word "spying" - AG Barr amended spying to unauthorized surveillance, which is worse - but I expect that went right over the Leftist's pointy heads.

There IS authorized surveillance - mostly done by Court orders of some sort and then there is unauthorized surveillance, which is outside of US Law and mostly done by Enemies of the USA.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:32 AM

7,508 posts, read 5,756,758 times
This report will become just another piece of evidence that the Obama administration staged and executed a coup against a sitting president. My suspicion is my great great grand children will visit the museum dedicated to the investigation and subsequent imprisonment of those involved. They will see the FISA warrant, texts, emails, listen to phone taps and see Clapper, Brennen, Rosenstien, Comey, Hillary and several others prison jump suits. I hope they understand the critical time this was for our country. I hope they pass down to their children the story where we stopped corruption and saved our country from evil and stupidity.

Anyone that doesn’t see what has happened here has some serious intellectual honesty problems.

AG Barr is not going to stop until those involved are held accountable.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:35 AM

8,131 posts, read 4,331,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
This report will become just another piece of evidence that the Obama administration staged and executed a coup against a sitting president. My suspicion is my great great grand children will visit the museum dedicated to the investigation and subsequent imprisonment of those involved. They will see the FISA warrant, texts, emails, listen to phone taps and see Clapper, Brennen, Rosenstien, Comey, Hillary and several others prison jump suits. I hope they understand the critical time this was for our country. I hope they pass down to their children the story where we stopped corruption and saved our country from evil and stupidity.

Anyone that doesn’t see what has happened here has some serious intellectual honesty problems.

US Intelligence probably had a reason to investigate Donald Trump! Intelligence probably detected communication with Russia.

Old 04-10-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Clarify. They were FOLLOWING spies, and their interactions throughout the campaign crime family.
Just cause Manafort thinks he can live long enough for a pardon doesn't mean he's not sitting on the goods regarding treason .
Manafort was willing to devastate his family and go to prison rather then tell all.
He s a waste of a life anyway.
Trumps guilty.
Graham knows it.
McConnell knows it.
Barr knows it.
America knows it .
Watching the co conspirators in the cover up betray America and prove allegiance to the traitor.
Gallows is too good for them.
I found it interesting that the WaPo laid out the president's talking points during Barr's testimony today.
The entire piece is a good read.

William Barr’s highly questionable use of Trump’s ‘spying’ talking point

Quote:
There are a few things we know about that critics of the FBI’s activities have characterized as spying. One is the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act warrant to monitor former Trump campaign adviser Carter Page. But that came after he had left the campaign, so it wasn’t technically spying on a campaign official. The FBI had also been interested in Page for years — long before he was on the Trump campaign.

Then there were a couple of other non-FISA related efforts to glean information from both Page and another Trump campaign adviser, George Papadopoulos.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.dac5e40af930

Old 04-10-2019, 12:04 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Well, Barr continues to prove he is Trump's water carrier.

"SPYING" ........Moderator cut: bypassing the profanity filter..... Trump probably is tweeting as I type that Barr just "confirmed" he was spied upon. Talk about providing fodder for more Trump insanity.

Of course, the FBI spied on the campaign - the FBI while spying on the Russians overheard many conversations with Trump people.

This is called an INTERCEPT - or INCIDENTAL collection of intelligence.

That INTERCEPT is what TRIGGERED the FBI investigation.

The Trump Campaign deserved to be spied upon.
It was routinely and systematically conversing and meeting with the Russians, to the extent Jared Kushner wanted to use of a safe room on the basement of the Russian Embassy so "they" could talk privately.

WTH....... if anyone here thinks that is OK - ......then you need leave the US and claim your Russian citizenship.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 04-10-2019 at 04:14 PM..

Old 04-10-2019, 12:10 PM

Schiff continues to get it right.
https://twitter.com/RepAdamSchiff/st...40227146084353

Old 04-10-2019, 12:22 PM

25,580 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Quote:
The casual suggestion by the nation's top law enforcement officer of "spying" may please Donald Trump, who rails against a "deep state cou.," but it strikes another destructive blow to our democratic institutions.

~~~Adam Shiff
My point, EXACTLY.

Barr just dissed the people who work for him and proved he is as irresponsible and corrupt as Trump, playing fast and loose with his comments today, sucking up to his dear leader.

The man is a crook, just like Trump - Trump's sycophant and toady.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies