Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 02:31 PM

19,833 posts, read 12,086,768 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Well that tears it then. We should ramp up The War against this plant to whatever means necessary to eradicate it from the face of the earth.

I suggest we start with checkpoints and Philippines-style immediate executions on the street of anyone found with bloodshot eyes.

That'll show them damn potheads...
LOL, calm down and get a sense of humor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 02:34 PM

3,129 posts, read 1,330,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
LOL, calm down and get a sense of humor.
Actually, that is kind of what I'm doing. If I can use insanely ridiculous posts to expose how closed-minded and draconian prohibitionists generally are, then I derive much pleasure from it.

But in all seriousness, it's hard to have a sense of humor about this because prohibitionists and prohibition are causing much damage. For example, if they were to get their way, this child would lose their father. Multiply that damage by 1,000,000 other children who needlessly and recklessly lose their parents because of prohibition. Then you get a tiny inkling of the scale of damage I am referring to, each and every year prohibition drags on.

Last edited by Raddo; 03-15-2019 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: seriousness

Old 03-15-2019, 03:37 PM

From "Hastings Women’s Law Journal", 2017:

https://repository.uchastings.edu/cg...4&context=hwlj

Quote:
Medical Marijuana and Child Custody: The Need to Protect Patients and their Families from Discrimination

Seventy-five years of marijuana prohibition has built marijuana’s negative reputation, and accordingly, its use by a parent has been considered a negative factor for judges when determining child custody cases. There is a strong presumption that one cannot use marijuana and be a fully functioning person, especially not an adequate parent.
That "strong presumption" is one of the worst artifacts of the brainwashing known as Marijuana Prohibition, and has destroyed many families.

Read the whole thing, prohibitionists. I dare you.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:43 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,804,676 times
Quote:
From "Hastings Women’s Law Journal", 2017:

https://repository.uchastings.edu/cg...4&context=hwlj

That "strong presumption" is one of the worst artifacts of the brainwashing known as Marijuana Prohibition, and has destroyed many families.
"Those dirty deadbeat hippies who wanted to smoke marijuana and listen to rock music instead of fighting for America's freedom *cough* in Vietnam. How DARE they!!! And now people want to say it's medical?! Let's lock them all up!"

That's literally the narrative that Republicans are still clinging to.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:53 PM

https://blog.norml.org/2013/08/07/ma...mment-page-11/

Quote:
Marijuana prohibition has taken yet another innocent life. In January 2013, two- year-old Alexandra Hill was taken from her home in Round Rock, Texas because her parents had admitted to smoking pot after their child had gone to bed. As a result, she was placed with an abusive foster mother, who subsequently beat her to death.
https://fox17online.com/2015/04/23/f...tane-hash-oil/

Quote:
Like many card-carrying medical marijuana patients across the state, Lorincz is caught between his doctor’s orders and a judge.

“When I follow my doctor's recommendations that's when my health started to get better; going back and following what the judge is saying, my health is just deteriorating ever since,” said Lorincz. “So it`s a scary road I'm going down, but I have to comply with what they're asking and I just don't know what else to do.”

But his case has come with some devastating consequences. In February Lorincz was charged with a two-year felony: possession of a schedule 1, controlled, synthetic substance. Schedule 1 is defined as a controlled substance that has no medical use.

Now his five-year-old son is taken away, and he is left with only supervised visits. All of this because Lorincz called 911 in September for a family medical emergency. The deputy who responded to the call found a smear of butane hash oil in his home. It’s a substance Lorincz ingests for what he called “deep pain relief,” and is something he obtained with his medical marijuana card.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:02 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post
So let me get this straight, smoking marijuana in front of a 6 year old is child abuse, yet smoking nasty cigarettes in front of them is ok? What about drinking alcohol.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dad-...133238391.html
I dont understand why lawyers dont bring this up at court hearings?!! You are saying it jokingly here, but its a legitimate question that law enforcement needs to answer...maybe its because no one in the 'marijuana industry' (legal or illegal), has 'donated' enough money to the 'right' people?

Thats obviously how cigarettes have been able to fly below the radar, so if corruption is the game, the marijuana industry should be offered the same deal imo.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:03 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,212,564 times
Quote:
Before long, this thread will degenerate into a post about how this parent and child should be permanently separated, then the parent executed.

After all we're talking about Marihuana here, the killer drug that causes people to eat faces off and kill babies.
Children should not be around stoners.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Right. So let's irrevocably harm them for life instead.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:08 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
If you had to pick one, would you rather a child be around marijuana smoke or cigarette smoke?

Old 03-15-2019, 04:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
If you had to pick one, would you rather a child be around marijuana smoke or cigarette smoke?
That question is MUCH too advanced for such a shallow thinker. If he replies, you'll see what I mean.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies