Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 03:50 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,281,227 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
Wow, he's actually become a dictator in action. The same people who support this man and are self-proclaimed constitutionalists are praising him as he blatantly breaks the constitution.
Get a clue
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 03:55 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
You're just assuming that because YOU don't want a wall that the American people don't want a wall. America elected a PRESIDENT who ran on a campaign of building a wall.
And the majority didn't want the wall then or now. He didn't have the majority if you didn't know!

Old 03-15-2019, 03:57 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
i dont see what the big deal is, it just some fence, not the whole border, it not that much money, and obama had 31 national emeregey

Old 03-15-2019, 04:01 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
What part of him saying he didn't have to declare an emergency but he wanted to go ahead and do it doesn't make it clear that this is NOT an actual emergency?

If your house is on fire, do you say "I didn't have to call the fire department, but I figured I'd go ahead and get this fire put out?"

Nope. You call the fire department because a house on fire is an actual emergency.

Nothing that takes 20 plus years to get built is a fix for an EMERGENCY.

It's political grandstanding.

And, I don't trust his "plan" to make Mexico pay for this AFTER he takes our money to do it.

Do you recall him saying he had a plan on DAY ONE to fix Obamacare? I do. Where's that? I mean, he already had it... he SAID SO.

Trust him at your own peril. He's a liar.
What? How does him saying he didn't want to have to declare an emergency but instead hoping congress would cooperate with him instead equate to him not feeling it was an emergency? He also didn't want to shut down the government but congress forced his hand by not cooperating with him.

Were you as worked up back in 2006 when congress passed the actual wall bill and it was soley to be the taxpayer to fund it? Thought not!

This topic is not about healthcare by the way.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:01 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,533,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
All those democrat issues will be challenged in the courts also. Thankfully Trump has been appointing judges as fast as he can get them confirmed. Despite the democrats obstruction Trump is having great success on judge appointments. Another reason to reelect Trump.
Any judge will love this quote:

“I want to do it faster. I could do the wall over a longer period of time. I didn’t need to do this, but I’d rather do it much faster…. I just want to get it done faster, that’s all.†Donald Trump

Old 03-15-2019, 04:04 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,222,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Llewelyn View Post
Wow, he's actually become a dictator in action. The same people who support this man and are self-proclaimed constitutionalists are praising him as he blatantly breaks the constitution.
How?

Old 03-15-2019, 04:05 PM

28,122 posts, read 12,597,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
American DIDN'T VOTE FOR PREPAYMENT !!!

Lets get the job finished while Mexico is rounding up the bags of cash from the drug cartels.
All that money came from America to begin with though!

Old 03-15-2019, 04:05 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownbagg View Post
i dont see what the big deal is, it just some fence, not the whole border, it not that much money, and obama had 31 national emeregey
There are already miles of fencing along the border already.

Old 03-15-2019, 04:06 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I get so sick of this open border crap.

Nobody wants to have zero national security along borders.

Why does it have to be black and white? Why can we not secure our borders without building a wall that is easily defeated via tunnel, ladder, plane, or boat?
Are you totally unaware of all the evidence out there that I have provided links to proving that the good walls in place already have been very effective in deterring illegal entry? Are you totally unaware that both the Border Patrol and Homeland Security have also said so and that the walls on the most porous areas of our border are well needed? The good walls have not been tunneled under successfully nor have they been breached with a ladder. We guard our airspace and our waterways also so what are you talking about?

Old 03-15-2019, 04:09 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto Jeff View Post
There is no current Democrat in office that supports open borders. Seriously. Being against the wall=/= supporting open borders. THat meme needs to be tossed in the trash alongside of the entire useless Trump presidency.
When a large number of democrat politicians are demanding that we abolish ICE, that we not add to our Southern border barriers (no matter what you call it this week), that we demolish the current border barrier that we have and that we limit the number of CBP detention beds WHILE advocating for DACA, blanket amnesty, more sanctuary city policies and less participation on the part of state and local law enforcement what exactly should we think they want other than open borders?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies