Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 03:17 PM

62,972 posts, read 29,162,429 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Why'd you make "promises" plural?

And how is he actually keeping a promise on this one when he said Mexico was paying for it and he's now trying to rob us to get us all to do it?

He's a liar and a con man. This is his last hill to die on, so to speak. The man calls for an emergency and then says it wasn't really an emergency. How will this hold up in court?

Not very well if the lawyers on that case are remotely qualified.
How many times do I have to post a link (and I'm sure you've already read it) denoting how Trump is going to make Mexico pay for the wall before this gets repeated ad nauseum?

Was congress trying to rob us when they passed the actual wall bill and it was soley to be the taxpayer to fund it? Where was you and yours outrage back then?

Where and when did Trump withdraw his statement that this is no longer an emergency?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2019, 03:19 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
If Trump had his way. He'd get the wall built through some means, maybe his kids that run his businesses now. Then pay nobody, or just file for another bankruptcy. Then take credit. See, I told you I would build you a wall.
I'll jump back into this discussion when you come back to reality.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:20 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,968,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
This is a major accomplishment for Trump. A major defeat for the open border democrats & GOP in congress, who have proven over the decades to be complete failure's, on this issue and promises they made and never live up too.

What open border Democrats? Name the Democrats that are in favor of open borders. Heck, I'll make it even easier for you. Name ONE PERSON who says they are in favor of open borders. And did you notice you're now referring to Trump's own party his opposition? Does that not concern you at all? If both Democrats and Republicans disapprove of him, he's doing something wrong.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:22 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
How many times do I have to post a link (and I'm sure you've already read it) denoting how Trump is going to make Mexico pay for the wall before this gets repeated ad nauseum?

Was congress trying to rob us when they passed the actual wall bill and it was soley to be the taxpayer to fund it? Where was you and yours outrage back then?

Where and when did Trump withdraw his statement that this is no longer an emergency?
What part of him saying he didn't have to declare an emergency but he wanted to go ahead and do it doesn't make it clear that this is NOT an actual emergency?

If your house is on fire, do you say "I didn't have to call the fire department, but I figured I'd go ahead and get this fire put out?"

Nope. You call the fire department because a house on fire is an actual emergency.

Nothing that takes 20 plus years to get built is a fix for an EMERGENCY.

It's political grandstanding.

And, I don't trust his "plan" to make Mexico pay for this AFTER he takes our money to do it.

Do you recall him saying he had a plan on DAY ONE to fix Obamacare? I do. Where's that? I mean, he already had it... he SAID SO.

Trust him at your own peril. He's a liar.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:23 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,270,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
What open border Democrats? Name the Democrats that are in favor of open borders. Heck, I'll make it even easier for you. Name ONE PERSON who says they are in favor of open borders. And did you notice you're now referring to Trump's own party his opposition? Does that not concern you at all? If both Democrats and Republicans disapprove of him, he's doing something wrong.
I get so sick of this open border crap.

Nobody wants to have zero national security along borders.

Why does it have to be black and white? Why can we not secure our borders without building a wall that is easily defeated via tunnel, ladder, plane, or boat?

Old 03-15-2019, 03:25 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,040,171 times
Quote:

Why does it have to be black and white? Why can we not secure our borders without building a wall that is easily defeated via tunnel, ladder, plane, or boat?
Nobody?

Old 03-15-2019, 03:38 PM

1,991 posts, read 901,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackF View Post
Thank you Mr. President for going to these great lengths to protect this country and its citizens!
What? Are the Mexican Banditos sacking Huntsville? Even Faux News hasn't reported this development.

Old 03-15-2019, 03:39 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Quote:

Its quite simple really.
Cameras, drones and sensors don't stop anyone at the border. They don't funnel anyone into ports of entry.

Last edited by phma; 03-15-2019 at 03:51 PM..

Old 03-15-2019, 03:49 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,370,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Trump signs his first veto and its on his signature issue to protect the American people and provide national security.

Trump going the distance to keep his promises made during the campaign and provide national sovereignty and security. "MAGA"

How Trump fits into the history of presidential vetoes
https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politic...dential-vetoes
Protect us from what? Who? Babies and mothers dragging themselves across Mexico for hope of a better life?

Old 03-15-2019, 03:49 PM

5,731 posts, read 2,195,016 times
The president is right on the issue and is doing everything in his power to address it. I love and respect that. We’ll see how it shakes out in the courts, one thing is for certain, he’s not going to give up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies