Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2019, 09:33 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,720,391 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Consumerism is as bipartisan as it gets.

The economy depends on it.
Seems like it

Shopping malls, fashion stores, gaming stores

The retail sectors for conservatives are

Auto parts stores, home improvement stores and sporting equipment stores.

Old 03-15-2019, 09:44 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,211,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
Seems like it

Shopping malls, fashion stores, gaming stores

The retail sectors for conservatives are

Auto parts stores, home improvement stores and sporting equipment stores.
And yet there are fewer auto parts stores, home improvement stores, and sporting equipment stores in conservative areas than there are malls, fashion stores, and gaming stores in the same area. Seems that there are conservatives shopping in those stores too or they would not be open in conservative areas.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:12 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,122,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Consumerism is as bipartisan as it gets.

The economy depends on it.

Thread post winner!

Old 03-15-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And yet there are fewer auto parts stores, home improvement stores, and sporting equipment stores in conservative areas than there are malls, fashion stores, and gaming stores in the same area. Seems that there are conservatives shopping in those stores too or they would not be open in conservative areas.
Lol ok now are we just trying to attack conservatives

How bout we settle it here

Corporate Democrats are more materialistic than conservatives

But the green tech type are the least consumerist people of all, they are so anti consumerist that they rather make your own stuff at home

Win-win?

Old 03-15-2019, 10:17 PM

937 posts, read 927,698 times
Quote:
I keep seeing results on Google claiming conservatives are the materialistic maniacs when I Google "Why are liberals so materialistic?"

Really? What about rap culture? Nope?

Ok what about the fashion industry? What about the consumerism culture in urban areas?

Also, why are progressive societies more materialistic and consumerist? I have to wonder
Real conservatives use DuckDuckGo.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:19 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times
Quote:
I keep seeing results on Google claiming conservatives are the materialistic maniacs when I Google "Why are liberals so materialistic?"

Really? What about rap culture? Nope?

Ok what about the fashion industry? What about the consumerism culture in urban areas?

Also, why are progressive societies more materialistic and consumerist? I have to wonder
America is a mostly center-right country and very materialistic. I think there is a correlation there but no idea what the causation is. Is it we are center-right because we are materialistic or we are materialistic because we are mostly center-right.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
Real conservatives use DuckDuckGo.
See the other thing that gets me another thing is how liberals claim to be all about enviroment, but literally pop culture and inner city culture contribute to a lot of consumerism, materialism and greed over material possession

I will admit conservatives are just on about this, but at least liberals shouldn't be hypocritical about it(at least corporate Democrats and city dwellers)

The hippies on the other hand are, well... Are a different story.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
America is a mostly center-right country and very materialistic. I think there is a correlation there but no idea what the causation is. Is it we are center-right because we are materialistic or we are materialistic because we are mostly center-right.
A lot of the countries mentioned in this thread I am about to link aren't heavily right wing

//www.city-data.com/forum/world...countries.html

Old 03-15-2019, 10:47 PM

Alright and forgive me if some posts are very incoherent but I was walking quite a bit today

Anyways

Back to the topic

Look I am not saying conservatives are more minimalistic than liberals

But in a sense

Corporate Democrats are the biggest materialists out there

A conservative doesn't give Fs about upgrading to the latest iPhone

On the other hand a lot of people from cities and urban areas do for instance

They feel that need to feel validated on the culture of status quo's

How do they do it? By being materialistic and especially with technology, because liberals and progressives are the biggest tech nerds in the United States

Meanwhile conservatives may use more natural resources, but that's becuase most of their work requires them

However on the other hand they are still way more experience-oriented than liberals or libertarians

They aren't big tech nerds and not to mention for them there's a whole lot to explore

Funny how liberals complain about the poor being exploited

And yet this culture of over dependence on materialism and big goverment adds to that, it doesn't solve the problem

Also, I think a lot of red states are poor due to poor infrastructure because they're small AF

But the homeless population in urban areas is worse, no contest

Also enviromentalism: How many neo hippies be around swagging their latest jordans, gadgets and sunglasses? Oh and don't even get me started on the poor exploitation of animals and children these people have to perform in the name of forced labor

Is not rocket science, it just takes observations

Of course corporate Democrats are materialists becuase once again cities are the epitome of corporate America, therefore there needs to be a way to get the money in and that is consumerism culture

Also

Here's America's top 10 most materialistic states

https://www.businessinsider.com/rank...-states-2011-3

Like only 2 or 3 are freaking red

Come on now and people say conservatives cannot handle criticism? Don't get all defensive

Hey I too think materialism and consumerism are just big fads in for cheap profit, that's all.

Old 03-15-2019, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
Thread post winner!
Agreed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies