Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2019, 03:59 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,739,477 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
It seems senseless for Fox to take Judge Jeanine off the air because a bunch of Loony Lefists and Twitter bots who don't watch protested. Their ratings won't go down if people who never watch Fox keep 'not watching.'
Fox doesn't care about "...Loony Lefists and Twitter bots who don't watch ..." They care about their advertisers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2019, 04:01 PM

37,191 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
One could argue that it is the business of Atheists though, who could use it to point out that their viewpoint is more workable within a society sans the hypocrisy of Christians and Jews who aren't living the Bible literally.
How about recount for us the number of terrorist attacks perpetrated in the name of atheism or agnosticism.
A link would be helpful.

Old 03-17-2019, 04:04 PM

37,191 posts, read 19,183,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Fox News is leftist media and this is how they cooperate with the left to silence conservative opinions. When other leftist networks allow their commentators to say the most vile, disgusting and hateful things they do nothing to those commentators. Fox News management goes into the thumb sucking fetal position like a GOP member of congress at the first sign of controversy.
People tune into opinion shows to hear the opinion of the host and they should be allowed to give that opinion just like the other networks do.
It has nothing to do with left or right, and everything to do with selling advertising. When the advertisers leave, the shows are taken off the air. Simple economics in the free market.

MOST businesses do not wish to have their brands associated with racism and misogyny.

Old 03-17-2019, 04:04 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,739,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMarcan920 View Post
Strange world we live in: Robert DiNiro can scream "F--k Trump" and all the elitists stand up and cheer.

Judge Janine states her opinion and she's suspended.

So much for free speech
Neither DiNiro nor Pirro has been shut up.

Pirro has a following, I'm sure that if she wants to, she can find a platform and all her followers will continue to - enjoy? - her pronouncements.

Amazes me how many people don't understand that free speech just means that you can say what you want, not that your speech is free of consequences.

Old 03-17-2019, 04:06 PM

447 posts, read 208,476 times
Get her back on FOX stat! SNL's Cecily Strong does a spot on impression of this lunatic. Go to the 1:28 mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kG7szS15O8Q&t=262s

Old 03-17-2019, 04:09 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,805,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump supporters don't watch FOX or any cable news. I have looked at it in years.

I guess that leaves the leftists and the easily influenced. Maybe that's why they watch it all the time.

Maybe that's why we get as many topics about FOX as we do about Trump's "impending impeachment" each week.
Trump watches fox news!

Old 03-17-2019, 04:09 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,276,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
Fox doesn't care about "...Loony Lefists and Twitter bots who don't watch ..." They care about their advertisers.
Yes, but their advertisers DO care about us.

Old 03-17-2019, 04:22 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,645,538 times
I have no problem with this. You can not run a network, and condemn the antisemitic comments of Rep. Ilhan Omar, and then ignore comments such as these which speak against another religion, such as Islam. Well, at least you shouldn't do that. Plenty of networks out there have allowed their reporters/commentators to get away with some extremely offensive, egregious, and outright hateful comments without making the offending parties pay any price. It's nice to see Fox News taking a stand and not falling into the same reckless behavior many other news agencies seem to embrace.

PS. A temporary suspension is all that is warranted in this situation. I've never watched her show, but I read the comment. She does not deserve to lose her spot over that comment.

Old 03-17-2019, 04:24 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMusic View Post
She sounds like a military sergeant Carter when she talks. I've heard clips of her on podcasts I listen to. I thought she was an old woman until I saw a picture of her on-line. I think their main audience is 65-100. I doubt very many millennials or gen-xers ever watch FOX.

Old 03-17-2019, 04:30 PM

33,323 posts, read 12,505,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
I don't know who her core audience is. In Trump country there are lots of younger people who like him but probably not where you are. I think she is older. not Judge Judy older but older.

Regarding her comments. There are Christians who think if you are not swearing on a Christian bible it does not count, say for existence if you are atheist like I am. I have heard comments here and in the real world claiming I can't be trusted like a Christian because I am not "god fearing." Its backwards thinking but ignorance does not offend me. But Muslims are a protected class in this country. Atheists are not.
Just for the heck of it, I looked it up.

Jeanine Pirro will turn 68 in June.

Judge Judy will turn 77 in October.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies