Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-17-2019, 04:33 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Trump certainly watches it, religiously. I guess he's one of those "easily influenced." Sounds right.
Perhaps he doesn't support himself .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2019, 04:36 PM

3,909 posts, read 2,123,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reads2MUCH View Post
I have no problem with this. You can not run a network, and condemn the antisemitic comments of Rep. Ilhan Omar, and then ignore comments such as these which speak against another religion, such as Islam. Well, at least you shouldn't do that. Plenty of networks out there have allowed their reporters/commentators to get away with some extremely offensive, egregious, and outright hateful comments without making the offending parties pay any price. It's nice to see Fox News taking a stand and not falling into the same reckless behavior many other news agencies seem to embrace.

PS. A temporary suspension is all that is warranted in this situation. I've never watched her show, but I read the comment. She does not deserve to lose her spot over that comment.
I thought all she got was a suspension. She was fired?

Old 03-17-2019, 04:41 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mtnluver8956 View Post
I thought all she got was a suspension. She was fired?
It is unclear if she was even suspended. Looks like they pulled her show for a week to see what's what with her show's advertisers.

Old 03-17-2019, 04:53 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMarcan920 View Post
Strange world we live in: Robert DiNiro can scream "F--k Trump" and all the elitists stand up and cheer.

Judge Janine states her opinion and she's suspended.

So much for free speech

Advertisers don't want to be associated with radical viewpoints. Fox News needs sponsors. Pirro flapped her trap too much. Now Pirro can find a street corner to practice her right to free speech.

However, you might be able to save fox news shows. Buy MyPillows like crazy! Give them to all your relatives and friends.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:03 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,622,240 times
Good. She was the head clown in the clown show. Her voice could make my dogs howl.

Old 03-17-2019, 05:16 PM

30,263 posts, read 23,746,924 times
I grew up in a household with a parent who was Christian, the other agnostic. We had to go to church every Sunday. Hated it. Took everything literally. Once I moved out, I didn't go to church anymore. Throughout the years, I've heard all kinds of things in argument for and against. I'm the type of person who does not close the door on those 7th Day Adventists because I like to hear what they believe. The reason is because you never learn if you think that you already know everything, and never listen to anyone else - that goes for everything, not just religion.

I also have studied Christianity - because I like to know what they truly believe, and what I got as a kid didn't teach me anything.

I have also read the Quran and all the other books that go along with it.

All other religions, thus far, I've only just dabbled in.

So, let's get to this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
My argument isnt about pushing your religion on people, its about actually practicing the words of the bible, which wouldnt allow you to work for a company that supports gay marriage in the first place.

So, its actually you who is misdirected here.
The Bible says no such thing about not being allowed to work for a company that supports gay marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
Why then is the Old Testament included in the Christian Bible?
And why is it that passages from that same Old Testament are what are always used to condemn homosexuality?

Jesus said nothing about that either and yet...

As a non-watcher of Fox News, I am always intrigued by how much attention is given to what goes on there.
This level of attention really puts lie to the idea that they aren’t considered influencers.
They seem really concerned with how they are perceived by a whole lot of people, advertisers in particular.
Fascinating.
The Old Testament is in the Bible because it is a history. You won't understand the New Testament without the Old Testament. The reason for that is because it was a change in God's will. The Old Testament was the will of God before Jesus. In that testament, there were many laws. Nonetheless, people didn't follow all of them, and people were not without sin.

So, God says: "These aren't going to be the same rules that you all got from Mt. Sinai." (I sincerely hope that I don't have to point out that was paraphrasing...and yet, I include this because I know that some people have no clue about paraphrasing.) He planned on bringing Jesus into the world, and that is because he knew that the laws of Moses would not give any of those people salvation.

The New Testament specifically states that Christians do not have to follow any of the laws in the Old Testament. They are to follow the laws in the New Testament. In the Old Testament, the people were supposed to keep a Sabbath. You don't see any Christians keeping the Sabbath. In the Old Testament, there were things you couldn't eat, or wear, or cut your hair, etc. The New Testament you do not have to hold the Sabbath, you can eat all those things that were once forbidden, etc.

The New Testament also gave some of the same laws that were seen in the Old: don't steal, don't lie, don't covet, etc, etc, etc.

The New Testament are the laws because of Jesus coming into the world. But you won't have a clue what is going on if you don't have the Old Testament.

Why are passages from the Old used to condemn people? Let me answer you by asking you this:

If all Muslims are not bad, just the radicals, then why do some Muslims kill other people even though they all supposedly read the same Quran? Because people are fallible. People of all religions will claim something from their religion as an excuse for any hate they have. So if we have radicalized Muslims who follow the Quran, yet go out and kill people because they are "infidels", and yet other Muslims pipe up and say, "No! That's not what it says! These people are using religion as an excuse to do this when Islam does not say this", then do you think it might be possible that some people will use Christianity as an excuse, as well, but that doesn't mean that all Christians are bad?

And since we're here, can you explain to me why we always hear "It's not ALL Muslims!" when something happens, but the left bases every Christian as if it was ALL of them when a Christian has done something bad or wrong or misquoted or used their religion as their crutch? Which way do you guys want it? Either the entire group is bad, in every situation, all races, all religions, all genders, all ages, or everyone is NOT bad, it's the small percentage who do things wrong that are.

And it might be neat if you all stopped assuming that every single Christian is a Republican who supports Trump. My mother is a Christian, and she's a DEMOCRAT!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
All of you who posted the Old Testament is irrelevant to Christians are completely wrong.
The Old Testament is God’s Word just as much as the New Testament is; in fact, it was the only Bible that Jesus knew (since the New Testament hadn’t yet been written). The Bible says, “All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful”
2 Timothy 3:16

So you can’t ignore it, but you must reconcile and seek to understand it’s meaning. Much like the vast majority of Muslims do with the Koran.
See above. It's not "irrelevant", it's that the laws in the Old Testament do not have to followed because God changed his testament, and that is the New Testament, once Jesus came into the world. It is because of Jesus that Christians follow the New Testament and not the Old Testament.

Jesus is not some random bloke walking around in the desert, he is part of the Trilogy - the father, the son, and the Holy Ghost - the son of God - but who is God.

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/John-10-30/

"I and the Father are one."

Therefore, the New Testament was not "unknown" to Jesus.

He lived a sin free life - which not one single person has ever done.

He was resurrected from the dead - which not one single person has ever done (give science some time, maybe that will change, but back then? No. Way.)

Those who hate Christianity will look for anywhere that Jesus says, point blank "I am God". They won't find it. They will also never find anywhere in the Bible where Jesus says, "I'm just a messenger."

I'm not going to spend anymore time on this because I'm not interested in teaching anyone what Christians think or believe, beyond responding to these posts, but when you put everything into context, and you don't do as I did as a child, take everything literally! (Do schools not teach what "hyperbole" is in school anymore? Because man can some people in this country not grasp that), it becomes clear that Jesus does in fact claim that he is God.

And then the Jews killed him because of it.

If you're going to bash Christianity and try to use the Bible against them, you better know wth you're talking about, because right now it is very obvious that the people here tossing out verses don't have a single clue what they are talking about.

And that is coming from an agnostic.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:06 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Fox News is leftist media and this is how they cooperate with the left to silence conservative opinions. When other leftist networks allow their commentators to say the most vile, disgusting and hateful things they do nothing to those commentators. Fox News management goes into the thumb sucking fetal position like a GOP member of congress at the first sign of controversy.
People tune into opinion shows to hear the opinion of the host and they should be allowed to give that opinion just like the other networks do.
When did that happen?

Old 03-17-2019, 06:12 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,539,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Doubt it.
Confusion spread when Carlson signed off from his Tucker Carlson Tonight on March 1 and handed the show over to fellow Fox News host Sean Hannity.

During their brief exchange, Hannity claimed that Carlson was meant to be on vacation but had continued to host his show in order to face the storm head-on.

"I got to give you a compliment,” Hannity said: “So Tucker was going to be off this week…but it becomes a busy news week, and he's not going to take the mob's crap. And he came in to work to stand up to this, and I want the great viewers of this channel to know that.”

Carlson then thanked Hannity and said that he has “helped him every bit of the way.”

“I’m an expert in this, they’ve been trying to kill me for 23 years,” Hannity said. "Anyway, always great to see you and have a great rest of vacation that you were supposed to have."
https://www.newsweek.com/tucker-carl...annity-1361025

We will see.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:14 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
When did that happen?
Trumplings are becoming as unhinged as their orange champion.

Could be victory fatigue setting in.

Some are definitely tired of all the "winning."

But they ARE amusing.

Old 03-17-2019, 06:19 PM

57,317 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Trumplings are becoming as unhinged as their orange champion.

Could be victory fatigue setting in.

Some are definitely tired of all the "winning."

But they ARE amusing.

It’s always some sort of conspiracy, it’s never about behavior but don’t worry she will be back to join others at Fox to spew their hateful rhetoric.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies