Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2019, 12:45 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
People in those countries could not survive with western aid propping them up.....cut off western aid, medicine,etc and watch what happens

That is what YOU WANT to believe! You need to believe that black people are INFERIOR and need white people even if white people are mistreating blacks. That is your whole narrative. However, keep in mind that there were many Africans existing when white explorers first came there. They had been living there and surviving, since human kind started there....up until the day the white man arrived there. They survived all that time without the white man. It's only when the white man came and started taking African peoples and resources did things start to go south.

Old 03-30-2019, 12:51 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
First off.....it was not an assumption. It is a simple math story meant to demonstrate that an inequality cannot become an equality without applying double standards. There was NO assumptions in the story as everything was provided to do the logic.

Secondly, the LOGIC is not dependent upon whether entity A and B were GIVEN cookies. We can say that entity A was allowed access to all the ingredients, more so than entity B, which allowed entity A to produce 100 cookies and entity B to only 50. Assuming that they are both allowed equal access to the ingredients for cookies and both are working equally hard to make them.....can entity B ever reach cookie parity with entity A....without a cookie reparation or a double standard that allows entity B to accumulate more cookies than entity B until parity is reached?
Sorry, but you are still wrong. Your "math story" has no math or logic to it, and is nonsensical. Nobody is giving out cookies or ingredients. If someone gave you cookies, please tell us who it was, because I had to make my own. We all have the same access to make our own cookies. If you are missing cookies, that's on you. Also, your little story doesn't explain how folks who have come here from Africa in this generation do so much better than you.

But I'm beginning to understand why you are a couple of cookies short of a dozen...

Old 03-30-2019, 12:53 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
Quote:
I know I am not supposed to end a sentence with a proposition.....but..."where all my students at"?
There are too many variables. Not everyone wants an equal amount of cookies, some don't want any, and some want a dozen. Life is full of variables.

For instance, your views aren't seen by all people of color. Not all see your way to equality. Same with whites, not all whites were on board with the slave thing. A lot of them gave their lives to end it. So this "all" whites, "all" black thing just doesn't work for me. I just don't think it works at all. There's usually a bigger picture.

Old 03-30-2019, 12:55 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
In the physical realm....there is logic. The human condition manifest in the physical world and the physical world is bound by laws of physics, math and logic. For example, if one group of humans take land from another group of humans, and the resources of that land, that will impact the human condition of the takers and the taken from. Ultimately, economics is about the physical realm....not the spiritual or emotional. It's all about the allocation and distribution of scarce physical resources needed or desired by humans. Slavery was not about emotions.....it was about economics and energy (physical human energy).

You want the debate to be philosophical.....as apposed to physical because your positions are not supported by logic.
Long story short: 'The map is not the territory' i.e. there are measurable differences between one's belief systems & reality. These are overlapping & interrelated 'worlds' so to speak.

Short story longer: Most white folks understand they are afforded certain privileges by living in a Country where they are in the majority. This is the thing; most of them believe they have a right to these & don't want to give them up. The other thing; the first thing inevitably ensures these folks will desire to protect their privileges & dominance, which inevitably means they're ready, willing, & able to do so. & inevitably at the expense of other racial & ethnic & other groups.

Sortof like Newton’s first law: Those in power will remain in power unless acted upon by an external force. Those that have ... want to keep. I don't think it necessarily has to involve a personal dislike, although it's probably easier to get folks on board if there is some type of emotional disdain for the group.

The power dynamics here are being challenged ~ this is pretty obvious in the present. Apparently some feel they are under attack, or as victims of some type.

Old 03-30-2019, 12:56 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,870,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Sorry, but you are still wrong. Your "math story" has no math or logic to it, and is nonsensical. Nobody is giving out cookies or ingredients. If someone gave you cookies, please tell us who it was, because I had to make my own. We all have the same access to make our own cookies. If you are missing cookies, that's on you. Also, your little story doesn't explain how folks who have come here from Africa in this generation do so much better than you.

But I'm beginning to understand why you are a couple of cookies short of a dozen...
They make it because they are educated, work a full time job and don't falsely play the race card.

Old 03-30-2019, 12:59 PM

Quote:
That is what YOU WANT to believe! You need to believe that black people are INFERIOR and need white people even if white people are mistreating blacks. That is your whole narrative. However, keep in mind that there were many Africans existing when white explorers first came there. They had been living there and surviving, since human kind started there....up until the day the white man arrived there. They survived all that time without the white man. It's only when the white man came and started taking African peoples and resources did things start to go south.
Like how Hoover and FDR bought the poor vote and the black vote which is why blacks switched parties in the 1930s? Away from the republicans and towards the party of the klan. Treat them like kept children.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Long story short: 'The map is not the territory' i.e. there are measurable differences between one's belief systems & reality. These are overlapping & interrelated 'worlds' so to speak.

Short story longer: Most white folks understand they are afforded certain privileges by living in a Country where they are in the majority. This is the thing; most of them believe they have a right to these & don't want to give them up. The other thing; the first thing inevitably ensures these folks will desire to protect their privileges & dominance, which inevitably means they're ready, willing, & able to do so. & inevitably at the expense of other racial & ethnic & other groups.

Sortof like Newton’s first law: Those in power will remain in power unless acted upon by an external force. Those that have ... want to keep. I don't think it necessarily has to involve a personal dislike, although it's probably easier to get folks on board if there is some type of emotional disdain for the group.

The power dynamics here are being challenged ~ this is pretty obvious in the present. Apparently some feel they are under attack, or as victims of some type.
There is no such thing as white privilege.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:05 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
There are too many variables. Not everyone wants an equal amount of cookies, some don't want any, and some want a dozen. Life is full of variables.

For instance, your views aren't seen by all people of color. Not all see your way to equality. Same with whites, not all whites were on board with the slave thing. A lot of them gave their lives to end it. So this "all" whites, "all" black thing just doesn't work for me. I just don't think it works at all. There's usually a bigger picture.

Of course there are variable. However, one has to have a FOUNDATION of logic FIRST...and you all cannot agree to the logic that I presented. I will fully address any variable you want to talk about if you would first address the veracity of the logic I presented. If you can't agree to the simple logic I presented or you can't understand it.....there is no need to talk about variables. I know their are variables but if this were an actual TEST and you were trying to pass the test......you would not be deflecting but simply answering the question. Right now....your goal is not to provide the correct answer to my question.....its to deflect from the correct answer because you are being defensive and are kind of pleading the fifth in order to avoid incrimination of your reasoning...or lack there of.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:07 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,927,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
There is no such thing as white privilege.
If you noticed I stated 'most'. Now that I think about it, I probably should've clarified to state 'most reasonable'.

Old 03-30-2019, 01:09 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,810,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post

You don't get to bring in emotion and the human condition to aide his pure logic theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies