Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2019, 09:28 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Indentured Servant’s threads crack me up. A colorful and humorous -dare I say entertaining- pretzel of justification for his deep-seeded hatred of whitey. He’s at least eloquent about it.

I am glad you find these threads equally as entertaining as I. I only post for entertainment, but I do try to be serious and logical. What I know is that most people are not tuned in to their subconscious. Often times a persons subconscious can be seen by others, but not by the person holding those subconscious beliefs. Maybe I don't subconsciously like white people and others can see that, but I know I do not consciously dislike or hate white people. Like I said, these conversations are just entertainment...like playing a game of chess. When you get your opposition in the position of "check mate"......its because YOU HATE WHITEY. I thought I was just having a friendly game of debate chess.....but it turns out check mate is "White hate".

Old 03-29-2019, 09:44 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,878,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
It would only seem "odd" if one is ignorant of the history of people being TARGETED for segregation and discrimination based upon their skin color, hence causing socioeconomic damage to people with that skin color. In order to REPAIR, you apply the force in an equal and opposite way. Ergo, you TARGET that skin color applying those things in an equal and opposite way.....to UPLIFT rather than to OPPRESS.

Say you expose a group of people to radiation over decades. The result of that exposure was much higher incidence of mutations and cancers in that population. If you were task with trying to undo that damage and higher incidence of mutations and cancer.....how could you do it without TARGETING the people who received the radiation or are the descendants of those who were radiated? Without a special effort......their issue is not going to just go away.

You have to target for repair based upon the same criteria used to target to destroy.
Blacks are not being targeted nowadays. Unless you're talking about blacks targeting blacks. But you keep falsely playing the race card. It's easier to stand with a crutch, right?

Old 03-29-2019, 09:55 AM

16,560 posts, read 10,639,616 times
Quote:
No....YOU need to remember that every action creates an equal and opposite reaction.....and that the continuum started with whites acting this way first, for over 90% of the history of our being over here. Those actions of whites accrued a legacy of socioeconomic racial inequality that now blacks must try to recover from, a task that result is the equal and opposite reaction of blacks attempting to favor black to undo the damage created from discrimination against blacks.

When I see whites wanting to gather for whites only......I see it as a gathering to attempt to preserve your position of socioeconomic superiority.....which can only be maintained if some other race remains inferior, for superiority can only exist if there is inferiority. Black people are an a position of socioeconomic inferiority and gather to promote socioeconomic PARITY....EQUALITY, by lifting themselves up to be equal with others. Thus...yeah....I will have a problem with whites gathering to promote the continuation of white superiority.
You can dress it up in nice words, but the positions you are advocating are hypocritical. If it's wrong for whites to gather for whites only, it's wrong for blacks to gather for blacks only. Conversely, if it's OK for blacks to gather for blacks only, it's OK for whites to gather for whites only.

Or, how 'bout we try this: why don't we ALL gather for EVERYONE? Yeah, I know, what a concept, right?

Old 03-29-2019, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
You can dress it up in nice words, but the positions you are advocating are hypocritical. If it's wrong for whites to gather for whites only, it's wrong for blacks to gather for blacks only. Conversely, if it's OK for blacks to gather for blacks only, it's OK for whites to gather for whites only.

Or, how 'bout we try this: why don't we ALL gather for EVERYONE? Yeah, I know, what a concept, right?

My whole point of in this topic was to make the point that the problems blacks face, to the degree that they are problems faced disproportionately by us, are not going to EVER be solved without some sort of targeting of blacks....which is inherently discriminatory.

I am not so much focused on a "blacks only" sign, because we all know that both races can get people of only their race in a room.....if that it what they want. Just invite the people that you want in the room and if you just want blacks just invite blacks and if you just want whites just invite whites, but make it a private invitation via email or phone call. You don't need a sign at the door. Like I said, this was done to make a statement, in my opinion.

If people think "blacks" have some sort of problem, whether it be with single parent homes, crime or whatever.....if you qualify or link the problem to blacks........then the solution or the effort to resolve those problems has to FOCUS on blacks.....if that is the race with the problem. How can you FOCUS....without discrimination as the corollary? When you bring something into focus, other things go out of focus....which then become discriminatory against those out of focus. "Why do they get the focus....that's discrimination". "why can they have a United Negro College fund.....and whites can't have a fund for whites?"

If blacks can't get the FOCUS and ENERGY to solve their issues.....the issues will NEVER be resolved and whites are thwarting those efforts because they say its discriminatory.

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 03-29-2019 at 11:06 AM..

Old 03-29-2019, 11:04 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Quote:
My whole point of in this topic was to make the point that the problems blacks face, to the degree that they are problems faced disproportionately by us, are not going to EVER be solved without some sort of targeting of blacks....which is inherently discriminatory.

I am not so much focused on a "blacks only" sign, because we all know that both races can get people of only their race in a room.....if that it what they want. Just invite the people that you want in the room and if you just want blacks just invite blacks and if you just want whites just invite whites, but make it a private invitation via email or phone call. You don't need a sign at the door. Like I said, this was done to make a statement, in my opinion.

If people think "blacks" have some sort of problem, whether it be with single parent homes, crime or whatever.....if you qualify or link the problem to blacks........then the solution or the effort to resolve those problems has to FOCUS on blacks.....if that is the race with the problem. How can you FOCUS....without discrimination as the corollary? When you bring something into focus, other things go out of focus....which then become discriminatory against those out of focus. "Why do they get the focus....that's discrimination". "why can they have a United Negro College fund.....and whites can't have a fund for whites?"
The sign is the focus and the problem people have with the whole story. If they had done what you suggested this would not even be a story. They sure did made a statement and it has rightly drawn the ire of people far flung from Savannah. In hindsight it was probably not a good idea right?

Old 03-29-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
The sign is the focus and the problem people have with the whole story. If they had done what you suggested this would not even be a story. They sure did made a statement and it has rightly drawn the ire of people far flung from Savannah. In hindsight it was probably not a good idea right?

Some times one has to say something or do something really provocative to get a discussion about race started, as white people are really averse to talking about it.

That having been said, there is no moral difference between having a clandestine "race only" meeting vs having a similar meeting by public pronouncement. What I am saying is that there is a moral difference between blacks gathering blacks together.....than exists between whites gathering whites together.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:29 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Quote:
Some times one has to say something or do something really provocative to get a discussion about race started, as white people are really averse to talking about it.

That having been said, there is no moral difference between having a clandestine "race only" meeting vs having a similar meeting by public pronouncement. What I am saying is that there is a moral difference between blacks gathering blacks together.....than exists between whites gathering whites together.
Well if that was the plan, then it worked because we surely have a discussion going.

Look, I don't care about the meeting. Have all the meetings they need. But don't get outside the law unless you want to exacerbate the race relations in the town. If you do not believe in 2019 that a blacks only sign is equivalent to a whites only sign, then we will NEVER agree on this topic.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:36 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
It would only seem "odd" if one is ignorant of the history of people being TARGETED for segregation and discrimination based upon their skin color, hence causing socioeconomic damage to people with that skin color. In order to REPAIR, you apply the force in an equal and opposite way. Ergo, you TARGET that skin color applying those things in an equal and opposite way.....to UPLIFT rather than to OPPRESS. .

Alienating white people as if the entire race are the enemy, and forming tribes and Bulkanizing the nation along racial lines is not a solution. All that does is exacerbate the very problems you think exist.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:42 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,167,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Well if that was the plan, then it worked because we surely have a discussion going.

Look, I don't care about the meeting. Have all the meetings they need. But don't get outside the law unless you want to exacerbate the race relations in the town. If you do not believe in 2019 that a blacks only sign is equivalent to a whites only sign, then we will NEVER agree on this topic.

Exactly.

If it was bad for whites in the Democratic Party to ostracize and seek to discriminate against blacks, it's also bad for black and/or Hispanic Democratic Party activists to do the same thing to whites.

Elected politicians of any skin color, acting in a racist or bigoted manner is not good for the nation.

Old 03-29-2019, 11:45 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,568 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
The irony here, totally invisible to a few, is how poorly black politicians have served black communities. So this is really just one more example of how the black community continues to destroy itself.
Can you honestly say those black politicians you have in mind did it on their own though ? The few examples people like you post tend to be one black person surrounded by 40 white people trying to use the power of the black community to their advantage.

Dont get me wrong, i think your argument in its entirety is some weird version of race bating, but your argument doesnt even make sense when it comes to blaming black politicians when the same white people in power around the few black politicians dont change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies