Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-29-2019, 08:18 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Segregation and discrimination by skin color seems a rather odd way of "taking responsibility".

It would only seem "odd" if one is ignorant of the history of people being TARGETED for segregation and discrimination based upon their skin color, hence causing socioeconomic damage to people with that skin color. In order to REPAIR, you apply the force in an equal and opposite way. Ergo, you TARGET that skin color applying those things in an equal and opposite way.....to UPLIFT rather than to OPPRESS.

Say you expose a group of people to radiation over decades. The result of that exposure was much higher incidence of mutations and cancers in that population. If you were task with trying to undo that damage and higher incidence of mutations and cancer.....how could you do it without TARGETING the people who received the radiation or are the descendants of those who were radiated? Without a special effort......their issue is not going to just go away.

You have to target for repair based upon the same criteria used to target to destroy.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:18 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
That is why the answer is reparations. You can’t undo damage with the same set of rules....but then again....I am sure you know that. Hence, the rule should be that oppressed people should get reparations to undo the damage. That would be the reset that allows the same set of rules. No reparations requires different set of rules if you want the problem fixed.

From where does this stupid reparations come up again and again. You and another poster here seem to be fixated on it. It is never going to happen. It would be better for all citizens to have an education, get good jobs and improve themselves in society instead of whining about handouts like reparations.

If poor Asians can do it, so can blacks and Hispanics.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:26 AM

2,828 posts, read 825,886 times
Quote:
Well...here is the thing. You cannot expect black people, like you all do, to take responsibility for getting black people slit together.....without black people discriminating in favor of black people. How many times have I heard that it is not the governments responsibility or white peoples responsibilities to fix the problems with the black community? EVERYDAMDAY on this forum! One cannot really expect that to happen if black people do not....TARGET BLACK PEOPLE. If its not white people or the governments responsibility to fix black problems....then why do white people need to be at these meeting

This is what black people trying to help black people looks like. This is what you asked for, in denying that you or the government should help. Now when we do that.......you got a problem with that too.
Ok, why not allow white reporters, they are just reporting the news? They are discussing a mayoral race that involves white constituents, someone should be there to represent the white community. This is nothing more than pure and simple descrimination.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamban View Post
You sound like a person who wants to have his cake and not share with other but have an issue if others do the same and refuse to share it with you. What is mine is mine, and what is yours is mine.

All this nonsense about whites gathering to preserve their socioeconomic superiority and keeps blacks down is hogwash. It took a long time for the country to strip off its "whites only" signs. Please don't encourage its being brought back by introducing "Blacks only" signs.

You are talking emotional....I am talking logical. I am not saying I agree or disagree with this based upon my emotions. You can achieve the same effect without the sign. They probably just wanted to be provocative or make a point. My point is that there is no way for blacks to take responsibility for fixing black peoples problems....without black people discriminating in favor of black people.

You can't fix serious problems without serious focus and energy. In order for blacks problems to be repaired, so that our problems are on par with the norms or with whites.....its going to take FOCUS and ENERGY aimed at blacks in an equal and opposite direction that it was aimed for centuries to harm blacks. Such an effort is inherently discriminatory. If a person is not talking about using discrimination....they are not really interested in solving black inequality.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:38 AM

2,691 posts, read 1,668,957 times
Quote:
You are talking emotional....I am talking logical. I am not saying I agree or disagree with this based upon my emotions. You can achieve the same effect without the sign. They probably just wanted to be provocative or make a point. My point is that there is no way for blacks to take responsibility for fixing black peoples problems....without black people discriminating in favor of black people.

You can't fix serious problems without serious focus and energy. In order for blacks problems to be repaired, so that our problems are on par with the norms or with whites.....its going to take FOCUS and ENERGY aimed at blacks in an equal and opposite direction that it was aimed for centuries to harm blacks. Such an effort is inherently discriminatory. If a person is not talking about using discrimination....they are not really interested in solving black inequality.

If this is what you meant by talking logical, I don't know what logic is.

You are just all over the place. Good luck with your crusade of reparations.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:39 AM

Quote:
From where does this stupid reparations come up again and again. You and another poster here seem to be fixated on it. It is never going to happen. It would be better for all citizens to have an education, get good jobs and improve themselves in society instead of whining about handouts like reparations.

If poor Asians can do it, so can blacks and Hispanics.

I know reparations will never happen. Why would a people that put you down try to lift you up? It's counter intuitive to hold the simultaneous beliefs that a nation is racist against blacks....yet expect that nation to pay reparations to blacks. I only bring it up to show that no matter what......people will always be in opposition to any effort to lift black people up. They are against whites having to assist in the effort. They are against the government assisting in the effort.....and what is being revealed in this discussion is that they are against blacks themselves to to lift up other blacks, by favoring blacks.

I can guarantee you that whatever you say black people should do......it would ultimately be resisted and contested by whites....if actually done. If you say blacks should get educated or clean up their communities.....it cannot be done without blacks shifting focus to blacks, because FOCUS is inherently discriminatory. In other words, you can't have a racial FOCUS, without discrimination against other races being the corollary. If you see blacks as being a problem or having problems in degree or kind different from others then you link race to the problem and hence the solution requires a focus on that race....which then becomes discriminatory in the application of the solution because other races get omitted. When other races get omitted from the attempted solution for blacks.....whites cry reverse discrimination.

We can't win. You all want things to remain just as they are...

Last edited by Indentured Servant; 03-29-2019 at 08:47 AM..

Old 03-29-2019, 08:46 AM

Quote:
If this is what you meant by talking logical, I don't know what logic is.

You are just all over the place. Good luck with your crusade of reparations.

I am not crusading for reparations. I will be the first to tell you it will never happen and if it ever did, it wold tear the nation apart and lead to even more racial discrimination against blacks. My point in bringing these things up is to expose that whites really don't want any effort or energy to go to help black people. Every option gets resisted and attacked by whites. Whites just want the issue of socioeconomic racial inequality IGNORED!!! They are comfortable with the way thing are....with them being in the collective position of superiority. The only way to maintain superiority is to preserve the inferiority of others. You can work really hard to be above others and or work to make it hard for others to rise to parity with you.

Whites don't want these issues SOLVED....they just want them to GO AWAY....but seem confused by the fact that they will only go away when they are SOLVED....but the ones resisting them being solved are whites themselves...who object at the efforts to solve them.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:49 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,587,391 times
When I was about 12 or 13 I went to a small carnival that had a house of mirrors "attraction", so I spent a dime (it was a long time ago...) to go thru it. All of the mirrors, of course, caused wild distortions in what you looked like in a normal mirror. It was great fun, teasing was rampant, worth the dime!

What we are seeing in this thread is the equivalent of the distorting mirrors. Is it worth the dime?

Old 03-29-2019, 08:52 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,511,604 times
Indentured Servant’s threads crack me up. A colorful and humorous -dare I say entertaining- pretzel of justification for his deep-seeded hatred of whitey. He’s at least eloquent about it.

Old 03-29-2019, 08:57 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,119,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...what's next

Separate bus seats and water fountains?

Surely they had to know word would get out....and this does not look good at all

"Organizers of a meeting to discuss an upcoming mayoral race in Georgia barred reporters from attending — unless they were African-American.

The Wednesday meeting at a church in Savannah was held to try to unite the city’s black community behind a single candidate for mayor in the Nov. 5 election. Signs at the door said “Black Press Only!”

White reporters were denied entry, while at least two black reporters and the publisher of a local African-American newspaper were allowed inside, the Savannah Morning News reported . Television cameras and recording devices were also prohibited."

https://www.apnews.com/83bd1028c8f74cfc8aa22d61c7f0b8b4
Regina Thomas, a former Georgia state senator and one of the incumbent mayor’s black challengers, skipped the church gathering Wednesday. She said the meeting appeared divisive and was scheduled too early in the campaign.

Good for her. Restricting entry because of your race is wrong-period, no matter the race of the people doing it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies