Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2019, 02:28 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,956,917 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
It’s having paperwork to confirm you’re complying with public health directives. So yes, it is a public health thing.

And I agree with Miss Terri. These initiatives are reasonable.
The paperwork won't change the kids being in school, that's what I meant. All it is is paperwork. It doesn't *change* the health statues of the kids. THose who are vaxxed are vaxxed. Those who aren't still won't be. It's just paperwork. With or without the press conference.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:29 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,814,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
I agree.

Obviously if you are sick stay home. And the paperwork should be filed to attend school anyway.

The curious part is why they are making announcements and fines about it. That part is just weird. Really weird.
Making announcements so any parent who hasn’t provided paperwork knows they have to do so seems like a good thing. It’s better than showing up at school just to be turned away even though your child is eligible. Giving people time to react to a change is fair not weird.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:33 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,823,758 times
Quote:
Oh, that's right. The world does everything you way you believe it should be done. Any other experiences are automatic lies.

Rule #2: Accuse person of lying.
Neither the office I worked for nor the offices we got records from sent only vaccine records. Your post stated that as if it were SOP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
This is baloney. Stop spreading rumors and hate by trying to paint people who question any aspect of vaccines as crazy conspiracy theorists. If you belive this to be true then I’d say you’re one who’s buying into conspiracy theories. You should be ashamed of yourself for continuing to spread this viciousness.
You seem to have some conspiracy beliefs about Walmart, to wit:
Quote:
Oddly this is not the first dead body found in a car in a Walmart parking lot, not by a long shot. Nor is it the first case where the body has sat more then a short time without anyone noticing.
Quote:
That could be and I agree that Walmart has taken extreme measures in the past. This whole situation makes me curious as to what they are really up to and I don't necessarily think it's anything nefarious, I just don't believe them when they say their reason for closing is due to plumbing problems. It will be interesting to see if/when the pull permits and what kind of work trucks show up at the stores.
Quote:
It is strange. I know that many Walmart stores manage to do complete remodels and expansions without closing for a day. None of the locations have applied for permits and city officials in some of the cities where they are closing have publicly expressed dismay as they have been confused by the news as they have no knowledge regarding any problems. Two plumbing techs who did work at one of the Walmart locations in Florida expressed that the problems they saw at that Walmart were typical and not any more serious then what they dealt with at other area Walmart stores. I don't know the reason for the closure but I do find it to be strange.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Um guys.....labor groups are now pointing out that those 5 walmarts were the sites of pushes for higher wages or unionization. It's basically an excuse to break the back of any labor protests\unionization and to serve as a warning to other stores.

This sounds pretty much like the Walmart we all know....no secret moon bases required.
//www.city-data.com/forum/39260362-post257.html

It is peer-reviewed research that says people opposed to vaccines believe in other conspiracies as well.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:34 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,759,879 times
Quote:
I agree.

Obviously if you are sick stay home. And the paperwork should be filed to attend school anyway.

The curious part is why they are making announcements and fines about it. That part is just weird. Really weird.
Yeah, agreed if you are sick or know you’ve been exposed, stay home. I would do that with or without the mandate and whether it was flu, measles, norovirus, whatever. I think the fines are imposed just to be really sure that people take it seriously. I think some people will slip through the cracks no matter what but this will likely catch most of them and is much more reasonable then the previous quarantine and vaccination order. I also think it’s legal as opposed to the other measures.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Neither the office I worked for nor the offices we got records from sent only vaccine records. Your post stated that as if it were SOP.

You seem to have some conspiracy beliefs about Walmart, to wit:

//www.city-data.com/forum/39260362-post257.html

It is peer-reviewed research that says people opposed to vaccines believe in other conspiracies as well.
You have way too much time on your hands. Digging around on City Data and grasping at straws. That post was from four years ago by the way. You also seem to have lot of hatred in your heart. That can’t be healthy at all. You’re the one buying into conspiracy theories. I feel bad for you.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:36 PM

37,121 posts, read 41,299,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Despite that there is a large body of epidemiological evidence only, that is seemingly showing a lack of causation for vaccines with autism; there is a huge body of biological evidence that is showing that vaccines are quite capable of causing autism.

And there is no biological evidence showing that vaccines could not be causing autism..
You cannot prove a negative, so your last statement is irrelevant.

You can generate hypothesis after hypothesis after hypothesis of things that vaccines might be able to do. The epidemiology shows it is not happening with autism.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
Neither the office I worked for nor the offices we got records from sent only vaccine records. Your post stated that as if it were SOPl.
My post was my experience.

Stop reading into things looking for ways to insult and slam my posts.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
You cannot prove a negative, so your last statement is irrelevant.

You can generate hypothesis after hypothesis after hypothesis of things that vaccines might be able to do. The epidemiology shows it is not happening with autism.
Name the vaccines that listed autism and SIDS as side effects on the PIs. [Play Jeopardy muzak]

Old 04-16-2019, 02:49 PM

7,195 posts, read 5,731,911 times
Quote:
The paperwork won't change the kids being in school, that's what I meant. All it is is paperwork. It doesn't *change* the health statues of the kids. THose who are vaxxed are vaxxed. Those who aren't still won't be. It's just paperwork. With or without the press conference.
I think the point is so that if there is an outbreak in the school (or in a particular classroom... not sure how that works), those exposed who are not vaccinated can be quickly identified. As it is right now, if they are not enforcing the law, they don't know who is vaccinated and who is not. Once they know for sure who has exemptions, those kids would be quarantined from the school for X number of days if they were exposed. Which I think is a pretty common thing. Here, there are religious exemptions allowed but if there's a VPD going around, those kids (and I believe also the kids with medical exemptions) who aren't vaccinated for that particular disease will be kept out of school.

I don't really get the press release either. Just enforce the existing law.

Old 04-16-2019, 02:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherTouchOfWhimsy View Post
I think the point is so that if there is an outbreak in the school (or in a particular classroom... not sure how that works), those exposed who are not vaccinated can be quickly identified. As it is right now, if they are not enforcing the law, they don't know who is vaccinated and who is not. Once they know for sure who has exemptions, those kids would be quarantined from the school for X number of days if they were exposed. Which I think is a pretty common thing. Here, there are religious exemptions allowed but if there's a VPD going around, those kids (and I believe also the kids with medical exemptions) who aren't vaccinated for that particular disease will be kept out of school.

I don't really get the press release either. Just enforce the existing law.
They aren’t quarantining people who have exemptions from school under this order. They can still go to school. The people who will be quarantined either have measles or were directly exposed and vaccination status isn’t a factor. I think they are asking for all paperwork to get an accurate count and to encourage people who have been avoiding vaccinating not due to deeply help beliefs but due to other barriers or just not seeing it as priority to do so and turn in their paperwork.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies