Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2019, 08:00 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Attracting Instagram followers is a pretty clear example of a market mechanism in full swing. She delivers a product and is compensated. But some conservatives really, really cannot deal when the market rewards those they deem unworthy. They've been singing the praises of the market, yet where is their reward?

- and so they engage in unpleasant power fantasies. In this case, off to the re-education camp with the thought criminal.
Yes. Makes me really very uncomfortable.

The thought of relishing someone being "broken" in a room with bread and water until she submits, is just, um, ick.

She was delivering something that the capitalist market wants - possible customers for their ads. And for that talent of attracting viewers, businesses were compensating her.

Sounds like capitalism and paying for value she was bringing to the table, to me.

It's not clear what happened that Instagram ended up shutting down her account, so who knows, but until that happened she was able to produce followers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2019, 08:02 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
Just saw the video . Sick to my stomach.
She states:
I make all my money off Instagram?
I don't want to be a nine to fiver?
Crying?

My opinion :
21 years old and very immature.
how can one respond to sudden lack of income?
How will she survive if she can't have her nails done and upper lip injected with botox ?

Answer: Welcome to the real world valley girl.
Dump the the tears. Daddy can't baby sit you forever.
Trump's daddy did until he was well over 21.

Old 04-10-2019, 08:18 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How is she different, exactly, from coal miners who, decades after the mines are shut down are sitting there, not working, waiting for the mines to open again?
BTW, Daddy isn't babysitting her. She was making her own money, fully self-supporting according to her, with her social media talents.
And she was being paid by advertisers for the value she brought to them, by her ability to attract followers.
It seems it might be helpful for some people - hard as it is to listen to her sobbing - to hear her out.
It's different because some people in these forums are so blindly partisan that they decide with no evidence that a person is a liberal and then set out to attack them and make them out to be a despicable wastrel. It's really getting old reading this same stuff day after day after day...

Old 04-10-2019, 09:08 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,140,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Did she say she was a stripper/prostitute before Instagram?
And maybe she knew Trump too.

Old 04-10-2019, 09:10 PM

4,445 posts, read 1,451,905 times
Quote:
How is she different, exactly, from coal miners who, decades after the mines are shut down are sitting there, not working, waiting for the mines to open again?

BTW, Daddy isn't babysitting her. She was making her own money, fully self-supporting according to her, with her social media talents.

And she was being paid by advertisers for the value she brought to them, by her ability to attract followers.

It seems it might be helpful for some people - hard as it is to listen to her sobbing - to hear her out.
How is she different from out of work coal miners? LOL. Really?

Old 04-10-2019, 10:03 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swingblade View Post
How was she making money off Instagram?

Begging people for money?
Quote:
I think if you have a certain number of active followers, instagram and facebook pay you?

Very sad - hard to watch. I know people are being hateful about her, but watching someone melt down like that is just sad.
Insta and FB don’t pay.

It’s all about the brands “ influencers” promote.

https://www.shopify.com/blog/make-money-on-instagram

Old 04-10-2019, 10:13 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
Attracting Instagram followers is a pretty clear example of a market mechanism in full swing. She delivers a product and is compensated. But some conservatives really, really cannot deal when the market rewards those they deem unworthy. They've been singing the praises of the market, yet where is their reward?

- and so they engage in unpleasant power fantasies. In this case, off to the re-education camp with the thought criminal.
It’s no different than a cable news or radio host who reads a script and delivers something an audience wants to hear and companies pay to sponsor the show. The higher your numbers, the more sponsors will pay.

Bloggers get paid by the click and more. If they plug a product and imbed a link to it, they get paid more. If the consumer buys, they get even more.

Thought it was cool to embrace small businesses.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:30 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:

Depending on an online service that was never intended for you to be third party seller of ads is not a wise business decision if the owner of that service can simply pull the rug out from under you at any time.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:40 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,080,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
It’s no different than a cable news or radio host who reads a script and delivers something an audience wants to hear and companies pay to sponsor the show. The higher your numbers, the more sponsors will pay.

She is a third party though. It's like someone calling into the radio host and advertising a product. The radio station is not being paid for it, it diminishes their product and it devalues their own advertising slots.

Old 04-10-2019, 10:42 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
How is she different from out of work coal miners? LOL. Really?
Try to verbalize.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies