Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2019, 09:32 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,307,990 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
To the OP the thread title is misleading because you don't know whether she is a Liberal or not.
It would be amusing but instead it's pathetic because you twist things to fit your narrative.
Why would I be joking about the fact that the OP has yet to respond as to why he has called this girl a Liberal without any proof that she is one?
He just assumed she is one without any basis sort of like Barr "thinks" Trump was spied on !
What's amusing is that many people automatically think that everyone is either a liberal or a conservative but a whole bunch of people have no interest in politics and aren't even registered to vote. In my own family I find this to be the case with people in their 20's who aren't in college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2019, 09:39 AM

16,088 posts, read 6,860,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
How is she different, exactly, from coal miners who, decades after the mines are shut down are sitting there, not working, waiting for the mines to open again?

BTW, Daddy isn't babysitting her. She was making her own money, fully self-supporting according to her, with her social media talents.

And she was being paid by advertisers for the value she brought to them, by her ability to attract followers.

It seems it might be helpful for some people - hard as it is to listen to her sobbing - to hear her out.

You equate coal miners to sitting behind a keyboard?
You know what coal miners did after the jobs dried up.
They found local work like railroads, farming, and even
relocated to the big city 9 to 5 jobs ....................

nuff said..................no tears here..................

Old 04-11-2019, 09:43 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
She is the epitome of pathetic.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:46 AM

2,448 posts, read 894,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
She's obviously good at something, which is attracting followers to her posts.

I'm really uncomfortable with your idea of making her "broken", also.
Right, because in our culture, we don't have a plethora of celebrities who have no discernible talent, nor do we have a plethora of vapid, ignorant people who will watch nearly anything on their phones. Good logic.

Old 04-11-2019, 09:50 AM

Among many other things, how strange is it for people from other generations to witness kids and young adults broadcasting everything from their lives to everyone via social media/the Internet? The stuff I would be the least likely to share is the stuff they cannot wait to share.

There are many things that are unprecedented with Generations Z and Y and most of those unprecedented things are not good things.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:05 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Among many other things, how strange is it for people from other generations to witness kids and young adults broadcasting everything from their lives to everyone via social media/the Internet? The stuff I would be the least likely to share is the stuff they cannot wait to share.

There are many things that are unprecedented with Generations Z and Y and most of those unprecedented things are not good things.
There are people of all ages willing to share things I never would.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:19 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Instagram

A video of a 21-year-old social media influencer, crying hysterically about not wanting to enter the workforce is going viral on the internet.

This about sums it up when your parents didn't get you ready for REAL life.

Having raised one daughter (who is a med student) I have seen my share of "meltdowns".

I actually DO feel sorry for the kid. Apparently, she was doing something that people liked and it sounded like a better life than being a stripper or prostitute. She must have had some talents to be able to attract so many followers.

I guess anyone who had a good life who suddenly lost it would feel a great deal of remorse and, if younger, be somewhat irrational.

Perhaps she can find something similar on the net that suits her talents and income desires. If not, perhaps she could seek more education in the computer software field and expand upon her current base of knowledge.

It sounds like she was trying to make a go of it, rather than collecting welfare. She is emotional, but most girls in her age group are.

I guess I am a little ignorant- why can't she "sign up" with a different account? Was it the CONTENT that got her booted?

Old 04-11-2019, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
There are people of all ages willing to share things I never would.
Of course, but there is a far higher proportion from those generations and we're seeing unprecedented percentages of people with psychological disorders from those generations.

The, "Oh, every older generation says the same thing about younger generations" argument is not only tiresome, but it's also incorrect. We, and I mean my generation and the tail end of the Baby Boom Generation, have created a real mess and it's going to continue to get worse.

If many of you knew how many young men we're producing who are nearly unemployable and will spend their lives floating from dead end job to dead end job, you'd be frightened, too. So many of these young men have no ability to communicate with people face-to-face, they have zero ambition to do anything beyond play video games/watch YouTube videos, many have never had a job, zero plans after high school. Almost never when I speak to the girls about these things do they not have plans or have zero prospects. And to relate this to politics, what are we going to do with all these people who have no skills and limited intelligence and robots can do many of the jobs they might usually fall into but for increased mechanization of jobs? We can debate some sort of guaranteed minimum income but we will see even more people without meaning in their lives and consequently more psychological disorders and suicides.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:40 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,241,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Of course, but there is a far higher proportion from those generations and we're seeing unprecedented percentages of people with psychological disorders from those generations.

The, "Oh, every older generation says the same thing about younger generations" argument is not only tiresome, but it's also incorrect. We, and I mean my generation and the tail end of the Baby Boom Generation, have created a real mess and it's going to continue to get worse.

If many of you knew how many young men we're producing who are nearly unemployable and will spend their lives floating from dead end job to dead end job, you'd be frightened, too. So many of these young men have no ability to communicate with people face-to-face, they have zero ambition to do anything beyond play video games/watch YouTube videos, many have never had a job, zero plans after high school. Almost never when I speak to the girls about these things do they not have plans or have zero prospects. And to relate this to politics, what are we going to do with all these people who have no skills and limited intelligence and robots can do many of the jobs they might usually fall into but for increased mechanization of jobs? We can debate some sort of guaranteed minimum income but we will see even more people without meaning in their lives and consequently more psychological disorders and suicides.
As the population grows, the number unable to integrate into society will grow. Not really controversial. We have planes to catch and bills to pay so we don't care.

Old 04-11-2019, 10:53 AM

10,681 posts, read 6,121,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MetroWord View Post
I refuse to subscribe to any of these lazy "influencers" online. Get a real job!
If your good at something, making money off it, you got a job.. I didn’t click the link, but whatever she did to make money off IG, shes good at it and marketed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies