Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you support drone warfare against the drug cartels?
Yes 39 50.65%
No 38 49.35%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2019, 09:37 AM

7,103 posts, read 6,000,092 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
No, they are NOT. The cartels are not tying people up and injecting drugs into their veins. The "innocents" are taking them voluntarily.

You will never win The War On Drugs by trying to cut off the source. There will always be new sources that take their place. Always.

The only way to win The War is to stop the demand.

Whatever happened to personal responsibility? The "innocents" are responsible for their drug abuse and the resulting demand for drugs, not the cartels.
No they are tying them up and beating them into jello with bats, cutting them up live with chainsaws, skinning them alive, bumrushing them in their cars and unloading 10,000 rounds into them, all because of their vicinity to the border, turf or because of their job.

If you live in Monterrey Mexico, your lifespan if you're a Reporter, Lawyer, Police Officer, or Elected Official, or if you just happen to live there, is about 2 years.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2019, 09:37 AM

68,349 posts, read 54,490,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Many people mock the state of emergency, but the fact is drugs and illegal immigrants are responsible for far more deaths in the US every year than Islamic terrorists. Drugs kill more people in America yearly than terrorists in Israel yet Israel has a massive wall on all its borders, something the left opposes for the US.

Given the threat that MS 13 and the cartels pose, I personally would be in favor of flying drones over Mexico and Central America and directing targeting them. This would also stop the justification of the illegal aliens who claim the cartels are too powerful and claim to be trying to escape them. We can attack the cartels without putting American lives in danger.

1) I find it impossible to believe a country that has satellites that can read a license plate from 22.000 miles in space couldn't stop this if it really wanted to, too many people making too much $$$.

2) I thought the current regime said we shouldn't be the world police?

3) How many of those drug deaths are due to drugs supplied by Big Pharma? Why don't we start with what we can control without committing acts of war in other countries?

Old 04-21-2019, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
1) I find it impossible to believe a country that has satellites that can read a license plate from 22.000 miles in space couldn't stop this if it really wanted to, too many people making too much $$$.

3) How many of those drug deaths are due to drugs supplied by Big Pharma? Why don't we start with what we can control without committing acts of war in other countries?
Agreed, that is a good start and I'm glad the current administration is starting to throw money at it, I takes more than money, it takes plans.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:40 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,336,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
No they are tying them up and beating them into jello with bats, cutting them up live with chainsaws, skinning them alive, bumrushing them in their cars and unloading 10,000 rounds into them, all because of their vicinity to the border, turf or because of their job.

If you live in Monterrey Mexico, your lifespan if you're a Reporter, Lawyer, Police Officer, or Elected Official, or if you just happen to live there, is about 2 years.
And all of that is being funded by the black market, which is being caused by The War On Drugs. Stop The War, and the black market (along with the cartels) goes away.

How can you not see that?

Old 04-21-2019, 09:42 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,643,329 times
Quote:

Of course they know where these cartels are located, they know where all the fields of poppies are too.

'Big pharma' was a victim of the cartels as well, remember when addicts were going to doctors instead of the corner drug dealer...and DEA acted quickly to shut that down, to the point now, where its very hard to get ANY opioid drug prescribed?!

Opioid prescription drugs were a threat to cartel supplied drugs (thats why DEA and Govt created the 2012 laws targeting opioids and the laws continue to get tougher today even.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:43 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,114,264 times
Quote:

Yep. Big Pharma. The biggest drug pusher on the planet. Maybe we should bomb New jersey.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
And all of that is being funded by the black market, which is being caused by The War On Drugs. Stop The War, and the black market (along with the cartels) goes away.

How can you not see that?
I do see that, I'm totally for legalization.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:51 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,293,486 times
Sure--let's preemptively strike a country that has not attacked us. Let's see how many tourists, Americans, women and children we can take out. Let's create death and destruction for no reason at all.

So--are you going to have drones strike China as well? And also the pharmaceutical companies along with the families that own them?

Sorry--that is a neanderthal solution to a modern-day problem that can be solved in other ways, if the admin was serious about the drug problems--putting Jared and Conway in charge of it, ignore the ports where the drugs come in and ignoring the fentanyl pouring in from China proves that this admin does not care about the opiate epidemic.

We do not need to start a North American war to solve the problem--just smarter people in the WH.

Old 04-21-2019, 09:55 AM

3,617 posts, read 1,825,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
Many people mock the state of emergency, but the fact is drugs and illegal immigrants are responsible for far more deaths in the US every year than Islamic terrorists. Drugs kill more people in America yearly than terrorists in Israel yet Israel has a massive wall on all its borders, something the left opposes for the US.

Given the threat that MS 13 and the cartels pose, I personally would be in favor of flying drones over Mexico and Central America and directing targeting them. This would also stop the justification of the illegal aliens who claim the cartels are too powerful and claim to be trying to escape them. We can attack the cartels without putting American lives in danger.

I do not support the use of force upon anyone except in defense. Just because you or others "don't like" drugs does not mean that there aren't people in the US who do like drugs. The drug war is merely a war on peoples' choice. It is no different than the current seat belt war in the US. The government has started a war on peoples' choice to not wear a seat belt. No ones rights or property are harmed by the person making the choice, except maybe the person who is making the choice. I have no fundamental right to demand that another cannot harm themselves by their own choice. After all, who owns their body, if not they themselves. So by what right do I or does anyone else make a demand that another person cannot harm themselves if their action or inaction does not encroach upon the rights or property of another?

Old 04-21-2019, 10:03 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,643,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Sure--let's preemptively strike a country that has not attacked us. Let's see how many tourists, Americans, women and children we can take out. Let's create death and destruction for no reason at all.

So--are you going to have drones strike China as well? And also the pharmaceutical companies along with the families that own them?

Sorry--that is a neanderthal solution to a modern-day problem that can be solved in other ways, if the admin was serious about the drug problems--putting Jared and Conway in charge of it, ignore the ports where the drugs come in and ignoring the fentanyl pouring in from China proves that this admin does not care about the opiate epidemic.

We do not need to start a North American war to solve the problem--just smarter people in the WH.
Its interesting, when 9-11 happened, govts first reaction was to TARGET THE SOURCE (go into foreign countries with military)...but with the 'drug war', that is NOT something they would ever do.

I think this alone proves there is collusion at high levels, 10s of 1000s of lives have been lost or ruined by street drugs (many more than were lost in 9-11), and yet, they refuse to target the source?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies