Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 08:12 AM

6,354 posts, read 2,905,161 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseManOnceSaid View Post
I live in a mom and pop cookie cutter neighborhood. My neighbor to the right is a Russian immigrant. The neighbor to the left is a multi racial family. Across the street is 2 black families. Next to the is a white cop and his family, and next to him is a black family. I have no desire to live in an all white neighborhood.

There are those that do want to be in all white communities, we call them the Aryan Nation, and those folks are just plain ignorant and I wouldn't want to live with Aryans, though I had one across the street growing up. He blew his brains out one day.

It doesn't help the situation when you call anyone who doesn't agree with you or think like you a white supremacist.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:17 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redshadowz View Post
Aren't you then calling for the end of diversity? That everyone ought to be genetically and culturally-assimilated?

I agree with much of your premise, but we have to recognize that whatever comes out will be completely different from what goes in.

Of course, the people of future generations won't know anything else, and that will simply become their normal.

Is that want you want? To throw the whole world into a bag and shake it up? Why is that better? So we can eventually all live together under a single government spanning the entire world?
It’s called the melting pot and it has nothing to do with one world government.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:23 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
So many logical fallacies in one post. You should feel proud.
I think his "point" is expressed in the words "I rarely see "......meaning that HE rarely sees it. Dollars to Donuts he "sees and hears and reads" many things on the interweb, radio and TV.

He doesn't say it doesn't exist or that it isn't good and true. All he is saying is that he somehow fixated in his head and his experiences that white is right and might.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:25 AM

14,848 posts, read 8,215,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
It’s called the melting pot and it has nothing to do with one world government.
If the whole world was a melting-pot, why would borders exist? What do borders represent? Why does America even exist? How did we get all of this land?

The mass-immigration which created the need for the melting pot, was merely an early form of globalism. In fact, America created globalism and now whines about it.

Immigration on any scale necessarily creates the conditions which lead to globalism. The only way to stop globalism is to stop immigration.

And quite honestly, the only way to stop globalism is to get rid of capitalism. Capitalism is globalism, and it requires mass-immigration.

Last edited by Redshadowz; 04-23-2019 at 08:37 AM..

Old 04-23-2019, 08:31 AM

7,103 posts, read 5,990,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I am not advocating anything. I am presenting causes and effects. You would think that after having been in America for over 3 centuries that America would have integrated and immersed blacks into its general culture and consequently making being "black" a distinction without a difference culturally and behaviorally. That is not what happened, however. Instead blacks were oppressed and segregated, resulting in the divergence and diversity often associated with "race".

America hates what it created. America created the diversity that it now loathes.
Blacks call themselves Africans, they are proud to be black, they have their own history month. If I were to celebrate White history, I'd be labeled as a Hate Group.

I don't feel it's America doing this to the black population so much as it is the blacks doing it to themselves by voting for people who are putting labels on them and lumping them into groups.

I don't notice black and white, more like personality. That's what I look for in friends. And how big their heart is. That's what's important to me.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:39 AM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
So many logical fallacies in one post. You should feel proud.

Thank you for the well thought out, articulate reply.

It is similar to the scene in "My Cousin Vinny" where Joe Pesci delivers his rebuttal to the prosecuting attorney by saying, "Everything that guy said is bull*hit".

Old 04-23-2019, 08:41 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,715,671 times
Quote:
Blacks call themselves Africans, they are proud to be black, they have their own history month. If I were to celebrate White history, I'd be labeled as a Hate Group.

I don't feel it's America doing this to the black population so much as it is the blacks doing it to themselves by voting for people who are putting labels on them and lumping them into groups.

I don't notice black and white, more like personality. That's what I look for in friends. And how big their heart is. That's what's important to me.

Black people had to create things for "blacks" because whites would not give them a fair opportunity among whites. That was my point all along. Diversity was created as a consequence of racism. When people were denied...they created their own. Now America does not want to lay in the bed of diversity it made.

Besides....blacks call themselves "African American"....not "African".

Old 04-23-2019, 08:43 AM

19,654 posts, read 12,244,081 times
Quote:
I live in a mom and pop cookie cutter neighborhood. My neighbor to the right is a Russian immigrant. The neighbor to the left is a multi racial family. Across the street is 2 black families. Next to the is a white cop and his family, and next to him is a black family. I have no desire to live in an all white neighborhood.

There are those that do want to be in all white communities, we call them the Aryan Nation
, and those folks are just plain ignorant and I wouldn't want to live with Aryans, though I had one across the street growing up. He blew his brains out one day.

I do feel that parents will move to be in better schools, this is a desire that is almost primal as mothers will always want what's best for their kids, whether it's a perception thing or not.

We have a wonderful school here called Wando, it's a very successful school that is basically like a college campus. Lots of curriculum and art programs, thriving sports, bands, etc...

People have started to look at magnet schools and Schools of the Arts because they feel it's somehow better for their kids than Wando.

This will always be the case, people will do crazy things for their kids.

To me it's just perception and good sales tactics.
That is kind of creepy. What if your current neighbors moved and all white people moved in. To me people are just people so I would not label a white neighborhood as nazis or a black one as radicals either. Very strange and scary mindset you have there.

Old 04-23-2019, 08:46 AM

34,240 posts, read 18,599,254 times
What does diversity do for my personal life? It allows me to feel evolved, enlightened, smug, and morally superior.

Old 04-23-2019, 09:40 AM

5,772 posts, read 3,226,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post

However, the least diverse nations tend to be the most productive, wealthy, and crime free, while those nations with extensive ethnic diversity suffer. Diversity brings about lack of cultural cohesion, confusion over multiple different languages, and strife among the different ethnic groups. Witness the Bosnian War and the multiple wars in Africa- all fought over "diverse" groups failing to get along. Japan is an excellent example of complete lack of diversity, yet they thrive.

I find your world view quite myopic. Civilizations that are productive and homogeneous yet open to regimentation tend to look at other cultures as inferior. When you combine that with the fact that we are vicious bastards to begin with you find cultures that are willing to exterminate.

In America we are encouraged by the corporate media to look down upon other groups because that distracts us from the real enemy, the very wealthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies