Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2019, 10:56 AM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Why is not ****ing sick and barbaric if that innocent unborn was a product of rape?
It still is. I never said it wasn't.

But I also agree that it may be more traumatic for the rape victim to have to continue on. I am compassionate.

I'm balancing the rights of the unborn and the right of a victim
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2019, 11:06 AM

1,207 posts, read 1,282,966 times
If the right cared about unborn children, they'd approve better sex education in schools. Telling horny teens abstinence is the way is a failed idea. Provide them and poor communities with condoms and plan B and abortion rates would plummet.

Old 04-23-2019, 11:08 AM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
It still is. I never said it wasn't.

But I also agree that it may be more traumatic for the rape victim to have to continue on. I am compassionate.

I'm balancing the rights of the unborn and the right of a victim
What balance, that's judgement. Its wrong and barbaric or its not. You are treating the fetus and mother differently based on the circumstances of conception.

Old 04-24-2019, 03:20 PM

1,065 posts, read 598,167 times
Quote:
Not. Even. Close.

Your mental if you think that's what this is.

It's protecting the innocent unborn who have no voice or advocate. That can be ripped from the womb alive limb by limb while and sold off. It's ****ing sick and barbaric. No civilized society should ever tolerate this.

I'm strongly against abortion. The only exceptions I agree need some leniancy are when the mother is at risk or serious health concerns of death to continue the pregnancy or in the case of rape.
Choosing to abort a fetus from rape is pro-choice. You're pro-choice.

Old 04-24-2019, 03:34 PM

3,082 posts, read 1,547,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
It's not even the womb. It's about controlling women and punishing them for having sex.
But its not all women. The govt could ban abortion tomorrow and the rich and upper middle class would still be able to have one. They can travel and pay for it. The only women affected are the poor. This has always been about economic status not religion.

Old 04-29-2019, 11:39 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
It's not even the womb. It's about controlling women and punishing them for having sex.
Women have TONS of choices with approach to sex and pregnancy:
Abstinence
Birth control
Motherhood
Adoption

Women have TONS of choices with approach to birth control
Pills
Rings
IUDs
Implants
Injectables
Condoms
Sponges
Foam
Surgery

So .. how are women being punished? They can have sex 12 times a day. With 12 different men. Go for it if that's your thing.

Just use BC. Use 2 methods. Protect yourself. Don't be an idiot. 50% of ALL abortions are because the women used NO METHOD OF BIRTH CONTROL.

You can throw a rock and hit a store that sells condoms. Stop portraying women as idiotic victims.

Old 04-29-2019, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Middletwin View Post
Choosing to abort a fetus from rape is pro-choice. You're pro-choice.
Nice try with false logic.

I'm certainly pro life anti choice. But I think in a few rare circumstances (rape for example) it's regrettably acceptable as an option.

I am compassionate. I care about the unborn. However I also care about a woman who is an actual victim and is now pregnant from a sexual assault. That is an extreme circumstance.

Old 04-29-2019, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Women have TONS of choices with approach to sex and pregnancy:
Abstinence
Birth control
Motherhood
Adoption

Women have TONS of choices with approach to birth control
Pills
Rings
IUDs
Implants
Injectables
Condoms
Sponges
Foam
Surgery

So .. how are women being punished? They can have sex 12 times a day. With 12 different men. Go for it if that's your thing.

Just use BC. Use 2 methods. Protect yourself. Don't be an idiot. 50% of ALL abortions are because the women used NO METHOD OF BIRTH CONTROL.

You can throw a rock and hit a store that sells condoms. Stop portraying women as idiotic victims.
Because this is the nonsense being spewed to them. They just regurgitate key points without ever stopping to think about if it's true or not. If they do stop to think and still push this nonsense then it's deliberately misleading and dishonest to push an agenda of irresponsibility and wreckless feminism.

Old 04-29-2019, 12:03 PM

36,529 posts, read 30,871,648 times
Quote:
Nice try with false logic.

I'm certainly pro life anti choice. But I think in a few rare circumstances (rape, life and death medical issues) it's regrettably acceptable as an option.

I am compassionate. I care about the unborn. However I also care about a woman who is an actual victim and is now pregnant from a sexual assault. That is an extreme circumstance.
Why should someone else's abortion give a flip what you find acceptable? Your anti choice for the people whose lives are actually affected by the pregnancy but somehow pro your own choice base on your level of compassion? Talk about false logic.

Tell me again how abortion is barbaric and the unborn is an innocent except when it is a product of rape. How does the circumstances of conception change the value of the fetus, make it guilty and undeserving of personhood?
Or does it change the value of the woman. She is not worthy if she was a consenting participate and actually enjoyed the act but worthy if she resisted and did not enjoy the act. Does it count if it was statutory rape, incest or otherwise intimidation. Does she get more points for forced rape, level of brutality?

Old 04-29-2019, 12:22 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FloridaGIRL90 View Post
All abortion should be banned.
Then you are, no doubt, advocating for abortion totally gone out of control, due to regulations for it no longer possible. But you don't mind. Women who get illegal abortions should have a much as death happen to them as a result of a botched abortion. Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies