Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2019, 03:38 PM

52,282 posts, read 52,700,922 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i have no problem with her being a bartender, at least she was earning her money honestly. my problem with her is that she keeps spouting off total garbage, like it was gospel, and she expects everyone to jump when she snaps her fingers. she is supposed to be educated, she does have a degree in economics, but she doesnt seem to grasp simple things, like the economic consequences of her "green new deal" bull crap. she just blows them off.

i also have a problem with her in that she has no manners, and no respect for the older congressmen, and no respect for life experience. she is the poster girl for entitled brats.
Nailed it.

I could have written this post.

The one thing I do have respect for her is being a bartender, you can hustle your ass off in that job. I have family members who have been bartenders.

Otherwise, she's really out of touch and doesn't have the life experience to really understand the impact of her new green deal.

I'm studying LEED soon and I'm in the energy / HVAC business and when it comes to buildings I have been for 28 years now involved with in some manner in the HVAC / construction industry. I know what I'm talking about on this subject and the things she's proposing are practically impossible right now and the costs to implement them are inconceivable.

Old 04-26-2019, 03:41 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,809,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
She has no background in anything.

She was HIRED to be the candidate after her video audition tape was well received.

She's an ACTRESS. A puppet. She reads her lines.

She was chosen out of a CASTING CALL.

How do people STILL not know this???
As opposed to a reality show host? LOL>

Old 04-26-2019, 03:44 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,037,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
Be honest with yourself for a change.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:05 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
This thread is about AOC and how she answered a CASTING CALL to become a politician.

No experience necessary. We'll train you. Just be our puppet.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Nailed it.

I could have written this post.

The one thing I do have respect for her is being a bartender, you can hustle your ass off in that job. I have family members who have been bartenders.

Otherwise, she's really out of touch and doesn't have the life experience to really understand the impact of her new green deal.

I'm studying LEED soon and I'm in the energy / HVAC business and when it comes to buildings I have been for 28 years now involved with in some manner in the HVAC / construction industry. I know what I'm talking about on this subject and the things she's proposing are practically impossible right now and the costs to implement them are inconceivable.
A good bartender in the right bar can work for 20 years and retire. They can make great money if they make a good choices.

She doesn't have to understand anything she is saying. She just says what she is told to say.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:38 PM

46,306 posts, read 27,108,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Be honest with yourself for a change.

I hope you don't expect an honest answer?

Old 04-26-2019, 05:43 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
This thread is about AOC and how she answered a CASTING CALL to become a politician.

No experience necessary. We'll train you. Just be our puppet.

Pretty much how Trump got his new job. Putin pulled the strings, and suddenly a reality show host is elected President.

Old 04-26-2019, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Pretty much how Trump got his new job. Putin pulled the strings, and suddenly a reality show host is elected President.
Trump has been running for that last 3 elections.

Where was AOC?

Oh right. Her brother sent in a video tape and the producers called her. She, literally, thought, like, literally, it was the coolest thing, ever, like literally.

Line, please. LINE!

Old 04-26-2019, 05:52 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
She didn't "do the leg work."

She did exactly as she was told to do. She was HIRED to be the candidate.

Show up, wear this, go here, say this, wave, smile, leave. She did what she was told to do, and said what she was TOLD to SAY.

Repeat. She's a FAKE. She's an ACTRESS. She's a PUPPET.

yes yes i get it, she is a puppet, but then so are most politicians. my point was that she got her name out there, and made it known to people, and did the thing she needed to do to get elected. that was my point.

Old 04-26-2019, 06:04 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,265,578 times
Quote:
She didn't "do the leg work."

She did exactly as she was told to do. She was HIRED to be the candidate.

Show up, wear this, go here, say this, wave, smile, leave. She did what she was told to do, and said what she was TOLD to SAY.

Repeat. She's a FAKE. She's an ACTRESS. She's a PUPPET.
Really--by WHOM?

Guess living in Venice, FL, gives one a really large grasp of politics in NYC.

This thread sounds as if it was written by angry children.

But, please, provide all the details on the 'people' behind AOC. You have names and proof of course? Could you please specify exactly how someone 'hired' this woman to win an election in the Bronx. All you Bronx 'experts' out there claiming she is an 'actress' please jump in with some sharp analysis of Bronx elections.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies