Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2019, 11:29 AM

5,280 posts, read 6,216,195 times

Advertisements

Can I say I agree with almost every post. She beat an establishment candidate but comes from a district where Pelosi herself said a glass of water would win if there was a 'D' next to its name. She is Progressive but ill informed. She seems to want a more inclusive country but has a habit of diminishing anyone who thinks differently.

To be perfectly honest I think the people on the far left are way to enamored of someone with so little skill. And half her fame is due to her being a right wing wet dream of a Democrat. Loud, politically clumsy, and tailor made for annoying people in middle America.

34,300 posts, read 15,661,250 times
Big deal ?

She is like cheep furniture. She'll be replaced in two years.

24,502 posts, read 17,245,671 times
There is nothing wrong with AOC but the media is giving her lots of attention to spill her loony ideas.

It is funny how someone so young could achieve the position of a Senator but boy does she have a lot to learn.

The Dems let her talk and talk because she is bringing in her fellow Millennials to the party no matter how ridiculous her ideas are. Case in point the Green New Deal. The Dems loved it until they were forced to take a vote on it then they realized how crazy it was. In the meantime people of sounder minds, the Republicans, were let scratching their heads about how cow farts and how they would take that train trip to Europe.

I think AOC is typical of her generation and she needs to back off a bit and let the adults in the room talk.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:31 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,952,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
Can I say I agree with almost every post. She beat an establishment candidate but comes from a district where Pelosi herself said a glass of water would win if there was a 'D' next to its name. She is Progressive but ill informed. She seems to want a more inclusive country but has a habit of diminishing anyone who thinks differently.

To be perfectly honest I think the people on the far left are way to enamored of someone with so little skill. And half her fame is due to her being a right wing wet dream of a Democrat. Loud, politically clumsy, and tailor made for annoying people in middle America.
She has no background in anything.

She was HIRED to be the candidate after her video audition tape was well received.

She's an ACTRESS. A puppet. She reads her lines.

She was chosen out of a CASTING CALL.

How do people STILL not know this???

Old 04-26-2019, 11:32 AM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,393 times
I wonder if she knows how to make the perfect martini?

Old 04-26-2019, 11:35 AM

162 posts, read 62,371 times
When did Republicans start thinking of themselves as the "smarter" party? When Joe Biden announced his candidacy, Trump's response was "Sleepy Joe is too dumb to win anything". And of course this thread is littered with comments on how stupid AOC is.

I mean, really, do you think you are smarter than her? Did you go to Boston College and graduate at the top of the class with double majors in economics and international relations? If not, perhaps, maybe, just maybe, it is you who is missing something.

Old 04-26-2019, 11:35 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,867,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Zoidberg View Post
She's not very smart and makes herself an easy target. She also sees herself as a predominant leader in her own party even though Pelosi and others don't see it that way.

But, you are correct that she is not a big deal and its trying to burn too bright, too quickly. She's pushing for her book deal so she can make some quick coin and then maybe she'll settle down. Who knows? Maybe that's her plan and she's smarter than she appears.

She only gets attention by being loud and obnoxious. Arrogant too....

Old 04-26-2019, 11:50 AM

4,195 posts, read 1,601,623 times
Good bartenders can develop good people skills

Old 04-26-2019, 11:55 AM

48,534 posts, read 34,873,169 times
I don't like her or her policy ideas, but she certainly doesn't get me wound up like many here.
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 04-26-2019, 11:56 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
There is nothing wrong with AOC but the media is giving her lots of attention to spill her loony ideas.

It is funny how someone so young could achieve the position of a Senator but boy does she have a lot to learn.

The Dems let her talk and talk because she is bringing in her fellow Millennials to the party no matter how ridiculous her ideas are. Case in point the Green New Deal. The Dems loved it until they were forced to take a vote on it then they realized how crazy it was. In the meantime people of sounder minds, the Republicans, were let scratching their heads about how cow farts and how they would take that train trip to Europe.

I think AOC is typical of her generation and she needs to back off a bit and let the adults in the room talk.

i agree with you for the most part, one correction though, cortez is a representative not a senator(thank god).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies