Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2019, 07:03 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,678,343 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
I agree with your suggestions and I have been eating organic food only for over 25 years but the problem is that we have no control over the atmosphere and environment which is not being protected by the governement and instead we have fools and tools who rally behind less regulation so that corporations can increase profits while the masses are poisoned by polluted water, air and soil. Makes no sense.

"organic foods" are a scam. There has been no proven health benefits to organic food in multiple studies. The only "benefit" is to the producers, as they cost a lot more.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/no-...-organic-food/

I would bet that there is a strong correlation from those who eat organic foods and use herbal medicines to belief in global warming.

Some herbals actually have weak defined medical action; however, most of the herbals sold have little or none of the "drug" being sold. If they do have the advertised "medicine", the amount is all over the map and is mostly filler.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2019, 07:04 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...fine this under "other controversies"...and possibly the greatest news in our lifetime
Extremely doubtful... promising agents and techniques that kill cancer cells, under certain conditions, are found all the time.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:05 PM

18,469 posts, read 8,292,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This is not new. Those studies were initially published over a decade ago. The ones I read then stated that Fenbendazole plus high doses of vitamins (E, specifically) resulted in an anti-tumor effect--at that time, in mice.
You might have read different things reporting it...but there was only one "observation"..no studies about the specifics was done or published until last year...

The pathway that it uses to kill cancer cells is independent of the host....mice, ducks, horses, people...won't matter

Published: 09 August 2018
Fenbendazole acts as a moderate microtubule destabilizing agent and causes cancer cell death by modulating multiple cellular pathways
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41598-018-30158-6

Old 04-28-2019, 07:08 PM

18,469 posts, read 8,292,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Extremely doubtful... promising agents and techniques that kill cancer cells, under certain conditions, are found all the time.
maybe if I keep posting this, you'll find the time to read it....then give a opinion

Fenbendazole acts as a moderate microtubule destabilizing agent and causes cancer cell death by modulating multiple cellular pathways

Old 04-28-2019, 07:19 PM

27,623 posts, read 21,136,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
"organic foods" are a scam. There has been no proven health benefits to organic food in multiple studies. The only "benefit" is to the producers, as they cost a lot more.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/no-...-organic-food/

I would bet that there is a strong correlation from those who eat organic foods and use herbal medicines to belief in global warming.

Some herbals actually have weak defined medical action; however, most of the herbals sold have little or none of the "drug" being sold. If they do have the advertised "medicine", the amount is all over the map and is mostly filler.
It's a scam for you because you choose not to eat them. I prefer not to ingest pesticides and insecticides as well as food that has less nutrient value. I'll go with the Mayo Clinic on this one but hey, eat whatever you please.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...d/art-20043880

Old 04-28-2019, 07:35 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,765,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
maybe if I keep posting this, you'll find the time to read it....then give a opinion

I did read the abstract. I read articles and journal papers about cancer almost every day for my work. Yes, fenbendazole seems to have shown promise as an anti-cancer agent in tests with mice. But you don't seem to realize how vast is the gulf between a very promising lab test and a good drug, let alone a "cure for cancer".

Old 04-28-2019, 07:44 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This is not new. Those studies were initially published over a decade ago. The ones I read then stated that Fenbendazole plus high doses of vitamins (E, specifically) resulted in an anti-tumor effect--at that time, in mice.
That's in line with what he was doing, as well. From his website:

Quote:
My Cure Regimen and the period of the unknown Mar. 2017
I mentioned earlier that I am a voracious researcher on various alternative methods and I came to a conclusion in January 2017 that, in addition to the new canine drug experiment, that I also would begin a regimen that would include the following:
  • Tocotrienol and Tocopherol forms (all 8) of Vitamin E (400-800mg per day, 7 days a week). A product called Gamma E by Life Extension or Perfect E are both great.
  • Bio-Available Curcumin (600mg per day, 2 pills per day 7 days a week). A product called Theracurmin HP by Integrative Therapeutics is bioavailable., and
  • CBD oil (1-2 droppers-ful [equal to 25mg per day] under the tongue, 7 days a week) oil

Old 04-28-2019, 07:45 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
If big pharma finds that it's successful, they'll ban this medicine which costs about $5/week, and market it to us for thousands of dollars.
Somebody gets it!

Old 04-28-2019, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
And yet people like this guy and others who wrote to him, aren't given those promising agents - only death sentences.

Back in the 1950's they linked rheumatoid arthritis to bacteria and did nothing with that. Now there are some docs treating RA and other autoimmune diseases and researchers are still telling them it won't work even though they have patients saying otherwise.

If we wait around for research to be accepted and Big Pharma to invent new diseases so cures won't impact their bottom line - we'll all be dead.

Old 04-28-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Somebody gets it!
I think most do - but what can we do about it? We're hosed....lol.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies