Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2019, 06:18 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,554,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
AND, unless everyone can see behind the PAY WALL....you want us to believe you are providing the exact same information? Hahahha....
You know what? If you were actually smart and clever, you'd realize there are ways of getting around that.

Websites like the WaPo keep track of how many articles you see a month via cookies, stored in a folder that's specific to your browser, somewhere on your computer.

If a website allows you, say, 5 free articles a month, all you need to do is download several browsers, and you get those 5 articles per month times the number of browsers you have.

I have 4 browsers on my computer, plus a really old version of Netscape, just in case.

As a result, I actually can see not 5, but 20 free articles a month.

Or, you can always clear the cookies on your browser that's specific to that website. I'll let you figure out how to do that.

Just don't tell the WaPo. Though I don't think it's illegal.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:18 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Your links were from and based on nonsense from the Washington Post. Why do you still believe ANYTHING from that paper considering that they lied to you for two years about Russian collusion? (among other things)

In fact they have been pretty much wrong about anything political since 2015.
WP just wrote about a survey done by Pew Research. It's legit.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:20 PM

46,307 posts, read 27,131,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
I guess all there is to say is Bless Your Heart. Fortunately there are others in the thread who were able to read and comprehend one or both of the links I posted with the information.

All you have to do is prove your OP and the other link are identical...which you have not been able to do....

Old 05-09-2019, 06:22 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times
Quote:
All you have to do is prove your OP and the other link are identical...which you have not been able to do....
Its been demonstrated to people with reading comprehension. I'm not bothering to repeat what has already been posted several times in this thread. And I won't bother to respond to you anymore on this, because it's a waste of effort.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:22 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,628,263 times
This is the link to the study:

https://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2019...nic-diversity/

Note that the numbers saying diversity is good don't vary wildly.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
You know what? If you were actually smart and clever, you'd realize there are ways of getting around that.

Websites like the WaPo keep track of how many articles you see a month via cookies, stored in a folder that's specific to your browser, somewhere on your computer.

If a website allows you, say, 5 free articles a month, all you need to do is download several browsers, and you get those 5 articles per month times the number of browsers you have.

I have 4 browsers on my computer, plus a really old version of Netscape, just in case.

As a result, I actually can see not 5, but 20 free articles a month.

Or, you can always clear the cookies on your browser that's specific to that website. I'll let you figure out how to do that.

Just don't tell the WaPo. Though I don't think it's illegal.

I'm sorry, I don't don't jump through hoops to prove anyone correct....seems you do..and that makes you not very smart nor clever...ANY person making ANY point should be able to back up what they say.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Its been demonstrated to people with reading comprehension. I'm not bothering to repeat what has already been posted several times in this thread. And I won't bother to respond to you anymore on this, because it's a waste of effort.

A waste of effort is saying "here, I'm right and I don't care if you can see my post or not"...sad you cannot understand that...no not really....but continue with your demonstration....

Old 05-09-2019, 06:25 PM

30,075 posts, read 18,682,634 times
Quote:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...=.57dc4d74d1be

This doesn't come as much of a surprise but it's troubling nonetheless. But time moves forward and whether everyone likes it or not, we will be living in an increasingly diverse society, regardless of whether or not everyone is comfortable with that.

It does me.

A country with multiple languages is weakened, not strengthened. If one is to become a US citizen, learn the language and assimilate, as did all immigrants in the past.

Do we routinely speak German or Nordic languages in the US?

Old 05-09-2019, 06:26 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,554,916 times
Quote:
I'm sorry, I don't don't jump through hoops to prove anyone correct....seems you do..and that makes you not very smart nor clever...ANY person making ANY point should be able to back up what they say.
Translation: You are actually too lazy to prove or disprove you or anyone else correct or incorrect.

You said:
Quote:
AND, unless everyone can see behind the PAY WALL....you want us to believe you are providing the exact same information? Hahahha....
I showed you a way to get around your own objection. If you don't like being shown how to get around your own objections, that's your problem, not mine.

Old 05-09-2019, 06:26 PM

24,201 posts, read 19,227,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
I think it's more troubling that 18% of Democrats polled say it bothers them.
yes, that's troubling too. But still, over 2.5 times more Republicans so that seemed noteworthy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies