Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-16-2019, 03:46 PM

6,957 posts, read 8,514,236 times

Advertisements

If Alabama is so hot to increase their population by banning all abortions, they should have to bear the costs of this decision. I don't want my Federal tax dollars paying for their babies. Starting the day this goes into effect, Medicaid to pay for births and SNAP benefits for all these "bundles of joy" should be paid for solely by Alabama and no Federal money ought to be involved. If the state wants all these babies. let 'em pay for it with 'BamyCare. Let the Alabama and the other states' legislature pony up the money for those baby mammas. No more extra Federal school funding either! You want 'em, you pay for them!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2019, 03:47 PM

7,419 posts, read 2,724,909 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Since most of America is pro-choice, I would say it would not bode well for the party which achieved the rollback. The women I know don't care to be treated as chattel property and breeding stock.
I agree. Today, 73% of Americans don’t want to see Roe v. Wade overturned.
The data is clear: Americans support Roe v. Wade and the constitutional right to access abortion.

The ability of a woman to have control of her body is critical to civil rights.

As American women now face the prospect of restricted abortion access, much of the rest of the world is moving in the opposite direction. Having witnessed the harms of illegal abortion, countries from Ireland to Chile have liberalized their abortion laws in recent years. We are one of the only prosperous, developed democratic nations still fighting over whether women should control what happens in their own uteruses.

Soon enough, we may be one of the only prosperous, developed democratic nations where the law will treat women like criminals simply for wanting sovereignty over our own bodies and our own futures.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:48 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,658,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by workingclasshero View Post
1 RvW will NOT be overturned

2. women have tasted killing, and apparently they like it...RvW will not go away
That is quite a despicable thing to say about women.
I have known women who have had abortions and not one was happy about their decision.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:52 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,378,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StillwaterTownie View Post
State Sen. Silk of Oklahoma wants to ban the type of contraceptives that keep the fertilized egg from attaching itself to the uterus.
There are some morons. No argument from me.

He probably makes sure his girlfriend is on B.C.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:54 PM

30,750 posts, read 18,436,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillobyte View Post
I think it IS possible a 5-4 vote could overturn Roe v Wade. How would the women in this country react to such a reality--a return to back-alley butchers?
God-willing.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:55 PM

34,336 posts, read 18,709,058 times
Oooh!!! Let's use the Alabama abortion law to scare everyone into voting Democrat from now on, especially in 2020! Hypocrites. Don't worry, Roe v Wade will stand, and you can still murder your babies for convenience, and call it a medical procedure.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:57 PM

14,472 posts, read 14,430,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
The "precedent" is not valid. The plaintiff in the original case did not have legal standing to bring it to the Supreme Court in the first place. Time for a re-do. Return it to the states where it belongs.
Oh brother. And here we have someone who thinks he knows more about constitutional law than the nine justices of the Supreme Court do.

Sorry guy. I bet you don't even have a law degree. I'll defer to the nine justices who decided Roe v. Wade and accept their opinion (which is the law) over yours.

I'm assuming you claim the Plaintiff had no standing to bring the suit because she had either given birth or had an abortion before the case was decided? If that's your argument it doesn't work. The court recognizes, and properly so, that pregnancy falls into a category called "repetitious yet evading review". In such cases, the typical doctrine of standing loses its application.

It does not belong with the states. Under the Fourteenth Amendment women have the right to make this decision themselves--at least during the first trimester of pregnancy.

Fortunately, I don't think the Supreme Court is going to let a bunch of bunch dumb hicks from Alabama call this one for the rest of the country.

Old 05-16-2019, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Only libs should be allowed abortion
It's quite humorous if you think only Libs have abortions.

Old 05-16-2019, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
[Oooh!!! Let's use the Alabama abortion law to scare everyone into voting Democrat from now on, especially in 2020! Hypocrites. Don't worry, Roe v Wade will stand, and you can still murder your babies for convenience, and call it a medical procedure.
Well I can assure you that this Alabama law will drive many women to the polls to protect their rights.

As for hypocrites that would be Republicans...you know the party of personal freedom & liberty that wants to tell women what they can or can not do with their bodies !

Hypocrisy at its finest !

Old 05-16-2019, 04:06 PM

79,908 posts, read 44,378,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Oooh!!! Let's use the Alabama abortion law to scare everyone into voting Democrat from now on, especially in 2020! Hypocrites. Don't worry, Roe v Wade will stand, and you can still murder your babies for convenience, and call it a medical procedure.
That is what these laws will do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies