Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2019, 10:45 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,171,323 times

Advertisements

You know that whatever Trump tweets, pretty much the opposite is true. Haven't you learned that yet?

Trump is the one that threw all his toys out of the pram yesterday and stated he's refusing to work with the Democrats.

He's the do nothing President.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2019, 10:54 AM

15,293 posts, read 17,693,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post
I always listen to both sides, read and watch the news from both the DNC and RNC. I don't care for certain political commentators on both sides, but I do pay attention to the news reports they offer during other hours in the day.

From everything I saw, Nancy appeared to purposely light a match just before that previously scheduled meeting and toss it in for a little bit of sabotage.

If you're heading into a meeting on infrastructure (or anything else) you don't throw out accusations right before the meeting starts. How is that going to help your negotiations? It doesn't. It will usually sabotage them.

Accusations of a cover-up is a major headline with the Democrats but that's about the Mueller investigation, not about infrastructure negotiations from both sides. There is a time and place for everything.

I'm no Trump fan, far from it, but you can certainly see signs of sabotage from the Democrats.
She may thought it was worth it to trigger another Trump tantrum. He stood up in the Rose Garden and stated that he refused to do his job as President. Yeah, she turned the wrench, but he's the one who stripped his gears.

Old 05-23-2019, 10:57 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,591,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
President Trump: "The Democrats have become known as THE DO NOTHING PARTY"
Projecting, as usual.
Actually, it was Fancy Nancy who was projecting when she accused Trump of a cover-up. She knows Barr is about to drop the hammer on the Demwits, starting with Spygate indictments (declassified documents released any day now) which will lead to places the Swamp covered-up.

Demwits never learn.

Wile E. Coyote (aka Democrats) and the Road Runner (Trump) are cartoon characters from the Looney Tunes (aka Loony Left) series. In each episode, the Coyote repeatedly attempts to catch the Road Runner but is never successful. Coyote uses absurdly complex contraptions to try to catch his prey, which comically "backfire", with the Coyote getting injured. Many of the items for these contrivances are from companies that are named Acme (aka Fusion GPS).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wile_E...he_Road_Runner

Old 05-23-2019, 11:00 AM

1,134 posts, read 405,252 times
It's pretty clear the Democrats would prefer not to work with Trump on anything. From their point of view I can see why they don't want to. They don't like him and they feel the 2016 election was stolen from them. If they can't manage to impeach him they most likely intend to stall as much as possible on just about everything else.

If they hold out long enough he won't have much progress to claim as the 2020 elections get closer. That obviously is their strategy. Is it a good one? Certainly for their own support base who continue to call for impeachment.

Will that strategy actually win the next election? When Robert Mueller said "No further indictments" after finishing his report, that was a big blow to the Democrats. Bigger than a lot of people realize. Because even though Trump has played that up quite a bit since then, it's nothing compared to what he'll do as the elections get closer and the debates begin. All the time, all the money spent, etc.

Can the Democrats pull more voters over to their side who voted for Trump last time? Do they need to? Since the electoral college process will still be in effect, they might have to. So I wonder if their current strategy will do that.

This is going to be one of the most fascinating elections coming up in 2020, and I've seen a lot of them. The strategy being used on both sides is interesting, if nothing else. Unfortunately for now it's just a continuing stalemate when it comes to solving issues for the American people. I hope that improves.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
Love the quote..... America is no stranger to populism in our political history. Seldom has it reached such a high office and in such a cynical manner. I'm surprised that with the amount of knowledge at ones fingertips today that it could become as outrageous as the current administration. Hopefully we don't swap one populist with another in 2020.
Amen to that. I have had it with populists. I don't see a bit of difference between Trump and Sanders. They both lie their asses off to get people worked up, but have no idea how to implement any of their promises. Give me a solid administrator any time. I want to go back to ignoring the national news for weeks at a time. Daily reports of train wrecks in DC irritate me.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Caldwell View Post
She may thought it was worth it to trigger another Trump tantrum. He stood up in the Rose Garden and stated that he refused to do his job as President. Yeah, she turned the wrench, but he's the one who stripped his gears.
That's how it looked to me too. And it was very effective if that was her intent. When I watched the local news stations here in California the main point was "Trump won't work with the Dems until the investigations are finished."

From what I could tell, that was her intent.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:11 AM

1,702 posts, read 1,920,634 times
Quote:
Amen to that. I have had it with populists. I don't see a bit of difference between Trump and Sanders. They both lie their asses off to get people worked up, but have no idea how to implement any of their promises. Give me a solid administrator any time. I want to go back to ignoring the national news for weeks at a time. Daily reports of train wrecks in DC irritate me.
I hear you.... its been like watching a 4 year long train wreck. Good drama but I really could be doing more consequential things with my time.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRacer View Post
It's pretty clear the Democrats would prefer not to work with Trump on anything. From their point of view I can see why they don't want to. They don't like him and they feel the 2016 election was stolen from them. If they can't manage to impeach him they most likely intend to stall as much as possible on just about everything else.

If they hold out long enough he won't have much progress to claim as the 2020 elections get closer. That obviously is their strategy. Is it a good one? Certainly for their own support base who continue to call for impeachment.

Will that strategy actually win the next election? When Robert Mueller said "No further indictments" after finishing his report, that was a big blow to the Democrats. Bigger than a lot of people realize. Because even though Trump has played that up quite a bit since then, it's nothing compared to what he'll do as the elections get closer and the debates begin. All the time, all the money spent, etc.

Can the Democrats pull more voters over to their side who voted for Trump last time? Do they need to? Since the electoral college process will still be in effect, they might have to. So I wonder if their current strategy will do that.

This is going to be one of the most fascinating elections coming up in 2020, and I've seen a lot of them. The strategy being used on both sides is interesting, if nothing else. Unfortunately for now it's just a continuing stalemate when it comes to solving issues for the American people. I hope that improves.
Mueller didn't say that. He said there was ample evidence of criminal actions by President Trump but, because of DOJ policy against indicting a sitting president, he was deferring to Congress for enforcement. Trump has continued to obstruct justice since the Mueller Report was released, but federal courts are having none of it. So far, every time one of Trump's obstruction strategies has gone in front of a judge, he has lost.

Old 05-23-2019, 11:18 AM

162 posts, read 62,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...29950593507329

He is right. I would add that the Democrats are the party of professional snake oil salesmen.

They will also conduct witch-hunts on any politician who is more intelligent, better communicator or governs based on common-sense and not theatrics and made up emotion.

Can't even begin to understand how any one could vote for a party that only says what ever it wants to manipulate millions of desperate people for voting for them only to forget about it right after the election.

He sure is right, another brilliant tweet by our beloved, genius, transperant Commander and Chief and President Trump.

President Trump means what he says, calls them like he see's it which is always right in my opinion, follows through.

The Democrats in general love to manipulate desperate people looking for hope with utter non-sense that they have any intention of following through on.

The Democrats will say anything to trick voters into voting for them but like a Jeanie in a bottle they go AWOL until a bit before the next election when they promise some more sunshine and unicorns.
I can't tell if this is serious or satire. It sounds like something from The Colbert Report

Old 05-23-2019, 11:19 AM

Quote:
Mueller didn't say that.
You're right, he didn't technically say that. He just didn't recommend any further indictments. It left the door open.

From CNN:

"... there are no more indictments coming from special counsel Robert Mueller."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies