Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 04:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
'm deleting my app now. Not sure where I'll get my news next, but it won't be from them (or fox).
YEAH! That's show them
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2019, 04:49 AM

3,637 posts, read 1,699,281 times
Quote:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2019/0...rica-season-4/

I've been a CNN user for about 30 years.

They've been my go to news source, they're the only news app on my phone for the past 10+ years.

My last so many presidential votes were I, I, D, I, R, D, R.

My congressperson, whom I voted for is Charise Davids.

With that said, this is garbage and frankly legitimizes the media complaints from Trump and his supporters.

I mean , wow. First page of CNN.com and you have a "journalist" that has rounded up some very young children to talk about how "they felt safer" when Obama was president.

Shame on CNN for running this sort of garbage.

I'm deleting my app now. Not sure where I'll get my news next, but it won't be from them (or fox).

But yeah, Obama, Hillary etc. were right when they started saying "Fake News". So is Trump for copying them.
Sure, that is your prerogative , just like many of us can't stand to watch Fox News because of their very obvious bias for Trump (although even they are beginning to realize they have been living a lie and are changing...………..much to the chagrin of Donald Trump)

One thing I have noticed though is how CNN and MSNBC are staffed by intelligent, experienced news hosts. Rachel Maddow and all the rest, both male and female, who know their craft and are very professional. Fox News "hosts" consist of those two morning show clowns and the bleach blonde bubble head who was picked strictly for her looks, obviously. There are exceptions, Shep Smith, etc, who refuse to go along with their skewed agenda, so there are some shows worth watching.

Old 05-25-2019, 04:54 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,709,690 times
You can blame the departure of Ted Turner and the shifting of operations from Atlanta to the NYC/DC bubble for the slow and gradual decline of CNN.

And the person who has only accelerated this shift from Atlanta to NYC/DC bubble and the network's transition from being a straight news source to DNC propaganda outlet (and thus CNN's decline) is quite possibly the biggest incompetent in the TV network industry (just ask the folks who work or used to work for NBC).

Last edited by citidata18; 05-25-2019 at 05:05 AM..

Old 05-25-2019, 05:00 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
YEAH! That's show them
Apparently enough people have done this that their ratings have tanked where they barely pull in an audience on their live TV programming and rank below even the ID and HGTV channels.

They just cut back quite a few jobs. ATT now owns them and has big time debt. ATT isn't going to let them operate at a loss with low viewership just to have a Political voice like the previous owners.

CNN days maybe numbered if they don't change their hate filled programming.

Old 05-25-2019, 05:01 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Unfortunately, when you listen to one sided view of Trump, you will hate him. Thats if you watch CNN, MSNBC, NBC, etc. add comedians and other leftist to the mix.

Some people believe it to be true as fact, when they constantly hear a one-sided view of Trump.

As i see the talking points of the left, they dont even give another side to the story. its 100% hate Trump on those networks. Not even taking ONE good thing Trump did and reporting on that.

Yellow journalism used to be verboten but now its normal.

Old 05-25-2019, 05:04 AM

8,302 posts, read 5,709,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
It took you 30 years to figure out CNN's bias? It was started by Jane Fonda's husband at the time. That should say enough.

I see it from time to time when I go into a business that has CNN on and it is very predictable. Non stop Trump is bad coverage. With the democrats are good sprinkled in from time to time. Even more to the left than Fox News is to the right. And that is not easy to do.
It's scary because myself, along with other New Deal (Bernie Sanders) Democrats have noticed Fox News getting a few things right lately, even far-right commemtator Tucker Carlson, compared to CNN or MSNBC (*especially* Rachel Maddow).

If you're not a neoliberal (where the only thing that matters is identity politics), then CNN and MSNBC simply isn't for you.

Old 05-25-2019, 05:07 AM

3,106 posts, read 1,770,628 times
CNN used to be a fine news organization back when they were a news organization. It had been my favorite. Now they're not much more than a media arm for the DNC. There is no reporting of the news anymore or critical analysis but rather just political rants by actors following the script they were handed. It is sad to see what has happened to CNN.

Old 05-25-2019, 05:07 AM

6,738 posts, read 4,421,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Unfortunately, when you listen to one sided view of Trump, you will hate him. Thats if you watch CNN, MSNBC, NBC, etc. add comedians and other leftist to the mix.

Some people believe it to be true as fact, when they constantly hear a one-sided view of Trump.

As i see the talking points of the left, they dont even give another side to the story. its 100% hate Trump on those networks. Not even taking ONE good thing Trump did and reporting on that.

Yellow journalism used to be verboten but now its normal.

Ask the business crowd around New YorK City about him. They have known about him for a while. The rest of the world didnt have to deal with him. The one negative side you talk about is the real Trump. Everything is about him. How about the doctored video, and the incoherent apology from Giuliani, thats how they operate.

Old 05-25-2019, 05:12 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
https://www.cnn.com/videos/tv/2019/0...rica-season-4/

I've been a CNN user for about 30 years.

They've been my go to news source, they're the only news app on my phone for the past 10+ years.

My last so many presidential votes were I, I, D, I, R, D, R.

My congressperson, whom I voted for is Charise Davids.

With that said, this is garbage and frankly legitimizes the media complaints from Trump and his supporters.

I mean , wow. First page of CNN.com and you have a "journalist" that has rounded up some very young children to talk about how "they felt safer" when Obama was president.

Shame on CNN for running this sort of garbage.

I'm deleting my app now. Not sure where I'll get my news next, but it won't be from them (or fox).

But yeah, Obama, Hillary etc. were right when they started saying "Fake News". So is Trump for copying them.
The 'news' they're running as their cover story right now is about how terrible Trump is on Airforce One. How he gets tired, irritable and how Fox News is running 24/7.

Old 05-25-2019, 05:13 AM

20,111 posts, read 9,023,728 times
CNN might not be around during the next election, nobody watches it anymore but those suffering from delusions.

So many lies, so much disinformation, it can't last much longer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies