Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2019, 07:32 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times

Advertisements

AOC wanted people to plant a Yucca plant, instead of cauliflower. She seemed to wonder why could we plant one but not the other.

I was waiting to hear her say its because cauliflower is white, but i think she means plant ethnic plants also.

She is an idiot, so who knows what's in her stupid head.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2019, 07:33 AM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G Grasshopper View Post
You guys are nuts. All she said was that communities and their gardens should be allowed to be culturally relevant to the people who live there, and that communities should be able to make their own choices. If you were growing a garden, wouldn't you want to decide for yourself what you want to grow? She did not say cauliflower was a racists veg.
Do people really need permission to determine what should grow in their garden?

Old 05-26-2019, 07:36 AM

2,953 posts, read 2,901,347 times
Wouldn't growing cauliflower be a way for the community to embrace other cultures not their own?

I dunno, her ideas seem kind of isolating and nationalist to me...and nazi

Old 05-26-2019, 07:36 AM

8,196 posts, read 2,845,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
She will come out any day now and claim it was a joke, just as with her 12-year doomsday comment.
Yep, first thing you know she will be saying that anyone believing her latest comment has cauliflower for brains.

Old 05-26-2019, 07:38 AM

831 posts, read 1,965,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by citidata18 View Post
She could have worded her point better, but the fact she didn't shouldn't excuse those who are intentionally taking her point completely out of context because they dislike her politically (such as in this thread).

I can agree with that, because tomorrow at some point when my husband gets in his car to go to work, I will be forced to read 5 texts one after the other about Sean Hannity and other assorted right wingers said that "AOC called cauliflower racist." He won't bother to go further and see what she actually said, or look up JUUUca like I did, just parrot.

Don't know when just being a plain ole ass had to come with so many divisive adjectives. An ass is still an ass in my book, regardless of the rhetoric. And I have to say, I do think she's an ass.

Old 05-26-2019, 07:42 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Just when you thought things couldn't get any more absurd, cauliflower (yes, the vegetable) has now been declared racist.

Do a search for cauliflower is racist and see what you find. Apparently it is a trending topic in the SJW community. Here is one link:

Cauliflower is racist.

Her point is why not grow stuff familiar to the people in the community? She used plantains and yucca vs cauliflower as examples.

She, like, many, don’t seem to understand not all food can be grown everywhere.

Plantains would not survive in NYC, nor in most regions of the US.

While yucca is indestructible, it dies back in the winter.

Cauliflower is an early cool season annual crop. For this reason, it is not grown in the Caribbean or Africa or PR and therefore may not be familiar to those who hail from these parts.

The more AOC talks, the more she sounds like Trump. Both are reality TV shows. Both say a lot of things that don’t make a lot of sense.

Both seek media attention and opportunities to throw red meat to their bases.

Old 05-26-2019, 07:42 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,678,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DogNight View Post
I can agree with that, because tomorrow at some point when my husband gets in his car to go to work, I will be forced to read 5 texts one after the other about Sean Hannity and other assorted right wingers said that "AOC called cauliflower racist." He won't bother to go further and see what she actually said, or look up JUUUca like I did, just parrot.

Don't know when just being a plain ole ass had to come with so many divisive adjectives. An ass is still an ass in my book, regardless of the rhetoric. And I have to say, I do think she's an ass.
Someone is forcing you to read texts about one of 100's of politicians?

That's very interesting. I'm not forced to read any texts. Not a one.

Old 05-26-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
AOC wanted people to plant a Yucca plant, instead of cauliflower. She seemed to wonder why could we plant one but not the other.

I was waiting to hear her say its because cauliflower is white, but i think she means plant ethnic plants also.

I think so too, but in the Twitterverse that is today, with only 140/280 (whatever, I have no clue) characters to get a point across, she needs to choose her words more wisely as does anyone who wants people to hear a message, not just fixate on the clownery and antics surrounding it. She needs to stop the one-way monologues and posting them. Stop. Think. THEN speak. Please, someone??!!

Last edited by Oldhag1; 05-26-2019 at 10:29 PM.. Reason: Fixed formatting

Old 05-26-2019, 07:45 AM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Growing a plant/vegetable that will proliferate in that climate zone is a set up for failure?
Okie dokie.

Her comments were to grow plantains and yucca? Instead of cauliflower?
LOL better get the climate change embraced if you want yucca and plantains to grow there...

That would be the equivalent of me trying to bring an apple tree from NY to Florida and expect it to pump apples out.
Thissssssssssss.

Come visit my future Yucca emporium. In Boston. It's going to be huggggge.

Old 05-26-2019, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Someone is forcing you to read texts about one of 100's of politicians?

That's very interesting. I'm not forced to read any texts. Not a one.

No idea what that means, I'm referring to one of my husband's text rants. Take your offense elsewhere. Yes I read his texts end to end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies