Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2019, 02:21 PM

15,865 posts, read 21,445,747 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pgh guy View Post
That seems to be the thought process of a newer generation, it is all about convenience.

I have enough self-respect to never, ever sleep with a man who thinks so little of women that pregnancy is a mere inconvenience.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:24 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Nice try at trying to make Pro-lifers look bad, none of us said any of that.
You are aware that there are other pro lifers in the world other than those on this thread, yes? Why you assume I’m talking about you specifically is baffling.

Some of the states that are passing abortion bans are also defunding programs to feed hungry families. Right there are your pro lifers that don’t care if children starve.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:24 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
I have enough self-respect to never, ever sleep with a man who thinks so little of women that pregnancy is a mere inconvenience.
Is it OK if a women thinks a pregnancy is a mere inconvenience, so she runs out to get an abortion?

Old 06-07-2019, 02:27 PM

2,828 posts, read 825,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
All children were raised in loving families? What year was this, exactly, when all homes were "loving"? And when do you think women started having abortions?

You also claimed that women who have had children don't have abortions, and you were wrong about that too. You seem to have trouble distinguishing your own experiences from that of other people. Have you ever noticed that?
There you go again putting words in my mouth using the word all, of course there were disfunctional families. I will admit I was surprised by the statistic about married woman and I didn't exactly say women who have children never have abortions, go back and read the post.

Last edited by Pgh guy; 06-07-2019 at 02:56 PM..

Old 06-07-2019, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
A baby is a joy..... if you want one. Your story is nice, but conflating it into a reason for ALL women to bring an unwanted pregnancy to term is invalid.
I am just saying that it can be done with some sacrificing. I did not have a long conversation with her, but am hoping she has the support of her family. I will see her again because I drink coffee there with a bunch of other old farts, I want to let her know she has my support for doing what I consider the right thing, and don't take that the wrong way I am not condemning you.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Yet women still have abortions. Funny, it's almost as if no one cares about your opinion about their bodies at all!
That is only because it is legal.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:37 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Right, but if you don't *want* to do it, as I did not, a safe, legal abortion is also an option.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:42 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
I am just saying that it can be done with some sacrificing. I did not have a long conversation with her, but am hoping she has the support of her family. I will see her again because I drink coffee there with a bunch of other old farts, I want to let her know she has my support for doing what I consider the right thing, and don't take that the wrong way I am not condemning you.
Are you assuming I’ve done the “wrong” thing and had an abortion? Sorry to burst your judgmental bubble, but no, I have never had an abortion. And if I had, I wouldn’t feel like I should be condemned over doing so.

I have 2 lovely daughters, one of whom is expecting her first child and neither of whom has had an abortion either. I support a woman’s right to choose because I recognize that my choices aren’t right for every woman and I trust her to know what choice is best given her circumstances.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
You are aware that there are other pro lifers in the world other than those on this thread, yes? Why you assume I’m talking about you specifically is baffling.

Some of the states that are passing abortion bans are also defunding programs to feed hungry families. Right there are your pro lifers that don’t care if children starve.
I said pro-lifers did I not.

Old 06-07-2019, 02:46 PM

Quote:
Are you assuming I’ve done the “wrong” thing and had an abortion? Sorry to burst your judgmental bubble, but no, I have never had an abortion. And if I had, I wouldn’t feel like I should be condemned over doing so.

I have 2 lovely daughters, one of whom is expecting her first child and neither of whom has had an abortion either. I support a woman’s right to choose because I recognize that my choices aren’t right for every woman and I trust her to know what choice is best given her circumstances.
I did not assume anything, but wasn't sure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies