Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2019, 12:01 PM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times

Advertisements

Hmm another slow day at the office? Another Obama thread? How does Trump hate America? Let me count the ways. Helsinky. Attacking the investigators because you know you're guilty and the rubes will believe anything. Claiming to be a "Nationalist." Employing illegals from Costa Rica while running on an anti illegal platform and keeping them employed until "the enemy of the people" outed him. MAGA? Eliminating women's right to choose, Xenophobia, racist, sleazy cheater with sleazy women. Yep that's making America great....not. Giving a big beautiful tax break to the 1% while handing tax increases or small tax breaks to those that really need it. Then taking those meager tax breaks away through tariff wars with Mexico and China. Did we really elect a grifter that screwed over workers by not paying them? Trump University, Trump foundation and is now being sued under the emoluments clause because he's using his position to grift on steroids. MAGA? really?

Don't even get me started on his verbal incontinence. I will be here all day.

If I had a choice between having Obama back or Trump? It would be Obama with all of his imperfection. It's far less than what we have in the White House now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2019, 12:11 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
On the other hand, he didn't bash our intelligence agencies.

And side with autocrats while denigrating our allies.

Or put his unqualified kids and in-laws into his cabinet.

Or run massive conflicts of interest by running.his private business empire while serving as President.

Or obstruct investigations.

Or deride media as "enemy of the people," even when they made up lies about his birthplace and religious beliefs.

Or selectively ridiculed veterans and gold star families, after a personal history of draft dodging.

You have a really perverse idea of what loyalty and love of country means.

Old 06-02-2019, 12:36 PM

37,111 posts, read 41,292,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
I will not go to a link to a site that has a reputation for spreading lies and propaganda. Period.
They are not trustworthy or newsworthy.

I have watched many Obama clips. I think he is one of our Best Presidents in my lifetime. Much respect for the man.
You want to talk about a full on assault of our country and Democracy then you need to look no further than
The Con Man that sits in the Oval Office today. The Founding Fathers are probably rolling over in their graves. Talk about not caring about America. The man only cares about two things.
His money and himself.
He seeks to divide and rip apart our country and our people at every chance he gets.
Sorry, do not criticize it if you did not view it.

First, I did not vote for Trump (or Clinton).

I found Obama to be extremely divisive.

Comments from some black folks on Obama and race:

https://www.npr.org/2017/01/22/51104...ect-from-trump

Old 06-02-2019, 12:43 PM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
Quote from Obama’s pastor and mentor of 20 years:
God Damn America!!

Quote from Obama’s wife, Michele:
“The first time I respected America was when they voted for my husband.”

Quote from Bill Ayers the anarchist and terrorist Obama studied and so admired:
“America needs to totally come apart one piece at a time.”

Old 06-02-2019, 01:00 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
He’s such a liar. People say Trump lies but Obama is the worst. Pay tell, where can you buy a machine gun legally in the US or online without any regulation?

Old 06-02-2019, 01:33 PM

9,519 posts, read 14,752,781 times
Your hatred is destroying you. Sad!

Old 06-02-2019, 02:12 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lieqiang View Post
I'm not getting the connection from him incorrectly sourcing a quote during a speech and him being a traitor who hates USA.
Its Breitbart lingo, which is why it doesn't make any logical sense.

Old 06-02-2019, 03:01 PM

2,821 posts, read 2,289,289 times
Liberals are lucky to have conservatives like the OP.

There is a legitimate element of hypocrisy this thread points out. Obama did mix up the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. If Trump did it it would have been a "look how stupid he is" moment in the media and liberal twitter. Colbert, CNN, MSNBC, even Bill Kristol and the never trumpers would be hyping it up and having a nice laugh over it. But, since Obama did it these same people dismiss it as an innocent mistake that is not newsworthy. Hypocritical. Ok, fair enough.

But, this thread overplays its hand and goes to extremes with the Obama hates America bit. Rather than being a playful tweeking of liberal hypocrisy, it turns into a "right-wing nut" piece than just undermines conservatism.

Last edited by jpdivola; 06-02-2019 at 03:09 PM..

Old 06-02-2019, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Quote from Obama’s pastor and mentor of 20 years:
God Damn America!!

Quote from Obama’s wife, Michele:
“The first time I respected America was when they voted for my husband.”

Quote from Bill Ayers the anarchist and terrorist Obama studied and so admired:
“America needs to totally come apart one piece at a time.”
I have posted this before My dying mother was very distressed when she heard about the sermon you are referring to so we watched it. And a couple others. By the time the sermon ended she was full upright shouting amen.

As a child she saw people being lynched. My 92 year old southern raised mom knew exactly what that sermon was about.

I'd be more upset about a man saying his daughter looked like a good piece of ass. Or the disloyalty of running around on his wives. If Trump cannot abide by his marriage vows, what makes me think he could care about anybody else?

Old 06-02-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpdivola View Post
Liberals are lucky to have conservatives like the OP.

There is a legitimate element of hypocrisy this thread points out. Obama did mix up the Constitution and the Declaration of Independence. If Trump did it it would have been a "look how stupid he is" moment in the media and liberal twitter. Colbert, CNN, MSNBC, even Bill Kristol and the never trumpers would be hyping it up and having a nice laugh over it. But, since Obama did it these same people dismiss it as an innocent mistake that is not newsworthy. Hypocritical. Ok, fair enough.

But, this thread overplays its hand and goes to extremes with the Obama hates America bit. Rather than being a playful tweeking of liberal hypocrisy, it turns into a "right-wing nut" piece than just undermines conservatism.
It could be by now, any misstatement by any other POTUS pales in comparison to what the current POTUS does.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies