Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 02:41 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,079,765 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newdixiegirl View Post
This is exactly how I feel. Trump says so much stupid and deliberately nasty stuff, it's a waste of time to misrepresent some innocuous statement he makes. Leave it alone.
That's how you FEEL because you are defending him.

He clearly says 'I didn't know she said that. I didn't know she was nasty."

There was no stumble of 'oh I didn't know she said something nasty....or she could be nasty."

It was clear, firm, assertive.

He said it.

No fake news.
No doctored video.
He said it.

It was his first instinct to call her nasty.

Yes, his feelings were hurt -- boo freak'n hoo......

He's an adult - he should behave like one -- or at least try to pretend he is one.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:45 PM

3,163 posts, read 1,732,402 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ditchoc View Post
With recorded proof that he indeed said that .... and yet .....

"I never called Meghan Markle 'nasty, Made up by the Fake News Media'" Trump tweets

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/don...emark-n1012881

Even FOX says

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...e-nasty-denial

"Despite his denial, there is
an audio recording circulating of President Trump saying the exact quote about Duchess Meghan that had been reported."

Trump is totally and completely out of touch with reality.
Don’t like Trump, but I understood this to mean that Markle’s comments were nasty. Not Markle herself. In any event, a public figure should know better.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopelesscause View Post
Don’t like Trump, but I understood this to mean that Markle’s comments were nasty. Not Markle herself. In any event, a public figure should know better.
So either Trump can't even formulate the simplest of thoughts into a complete sentence or you are just drinking too much of the kool-aid. Or both.

Old 06-03-2019, 02:49 PM

9,588 posts, read 5,858,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
And good riddance.
Why? Because she had the audacity to make a comment -- when she was a private citizen, no less -- about a politician and the leader of her country? Does she not get to enjoy her 1st Amendment rights?

Old 06-03-2019, 02:54 PM

“I didn’t know that,” he said. “What can I say? I didn’t know that she was nasty.”

This is exactly what he said. I didn't know she was nasty -- not anywhere near all the feelings expressed by his fans here.

Old 06-03-2019, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's how you FEEL because you are defending him.

He clearly says 'I didn't know she said that. I didn't know she was nasty."

There was no stumble of 'oh I didn't know she said something nasty....or she could be nasty."

It was clear, firm, assertive.

He said it.

No fake news.
No doctored video.
He said it.

It was his first instinct to call her nasty.

Yes, his feelings were hurt -- boo freak'n hoo......

He's an adult - he should behave like one -- or at least try to pretend he is one.
Oh, good grief. For real? I FEEL nothing. And I wouldn't waste my time defending that twit.

We all know that Donald Trump isn't the best communicator in the world, and that's putting it mildly. The man is no genius. He's very easily confused. And yes, he's a child. And, yes, he's a narcissist. And, yes, he loves to play the martyr. And, yes, he's a snowflake. And, yes, he's pretty nasty himself.

But, in that moment, he probably meant, "I didn't know she had said something nasty," but it came out as it did.

Again, we have so much to LEGITIMATELY complain about Trump, why do we waste time on this crap?

Old 06-03-2019, 03:17 PM

27,711 posts, read 16,205,775 times
Quote:
“I didn’t know that,” he said. “What can I say? I didn’t know that she was nasty.”

This is exactly what he said. I didn't know she was nasty -- not anywhere near all the feelings expressed by his fans here.
Her comments were nasty. He didnt know she was nasty. Yes, that simple. Now what are you railing on about? Whats really bothering you?

Old 06-03-2019, 03:18 PM

Quote:
So either Trump can't even formulate the simplest of thoughts into a complete sentence or you are just drinking too much of the kool-aid. Or both.
Yes. That's exactly what it is. I thought it common knowledge that Trump is a terrible communicator.

Old 06-03-2019, 03:24 PM

8,060 posts, read 3,956,797 times
I sincerely hope the media can keep this level of wilful ignorance up for the next 18 months... it helped get Trump elected last time!!!

Old 06-03-2019, 03:47 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,043,466 times
How silly. From the first comment made by an actress in 2016 (why should anyone care, except to point out the obvious)...to a "journalist " lining one up for the salivating masses....to the president once again not taking a thoughtful pause before he comments. Pure silliness all the way around. He didn't express himself in the best manner, as usual. And detractors make more out of it than it deserves. Big whoop. He is still at present, the lesser of all evils. Unless the left comes up with a better candidate, those of us still in the middle will begrudgingly vote for him again. ....>>>>>sigh<<<<<
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies