Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 03:48 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,398,927 times

Advertisements

LOL this is the ultimate fake news story. If anyone has listened to the audio, he was clearly not commenting on her looks or even personality, but the fact that she had made 'nasty' comments about him.

Old 06-03-2019, 03:50 PM

20,851 posts, read 8,676,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
LOL this is the ultimate fake news story. If anyone has listened to the audio, he was clearly not commenting on her looks or even personality, but the fact that she had made 'nasty' comments about him.
I was about to post the same thing. Great minds think alike! Stories like this are always clickbait.

Old 06-03-2019, 03:52 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,398,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
I was about to post the same thing. Great minds think alike! Stories like this are always clickbait.
What she said was nasty and I would have said the same thing about her.

Last edited by EastwardBound; 06-03-2019 at 04:14 PM..

Old 06-03-2019, 05:27 PM

32,040 posts, read 27,255,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
I'm glad that Trump isn't kissing the asses of the Royals and making apologies for America like Obama.

You don't have a clue, do you?

Meeting HM and the RF has been a wet dream of DT for a good part of his adult life. One of the first things off the bat after getting into the WH was DT's handlers and supporters getting on the horn with the PM to set up a state visit with all the trimmings including meeting the Queen. DT's mother was Scots, and he has gone on, and on how it would be an honor and or otherwise something proud to that woman's memory if her son got to meet HM.

There was supposed to be a full state visit last year, and DT pushed for an invite to Balmoral, the Queen's private residence. He also wanted to play a few rounds on the private golf course so "the Queen can watch me play golf....".

For various reasons last year's visit was not a full frontal state visit. Never one to be fobbed off with less than what he considers his proper due, and especially since Barack Obama got a full state visit DT's handlers again pressed the issue, and Teresa May again gave in, though it seems rather sad one of her last official acts as PM is foisting DT, and his common wife and large part of Trump family upon HM and the RF.

DT is also particularly incensed not only did Obama get a full state visit, but himself and Michelle Obama got on famously well with HM, the RF and in particular the Princes William and Harry.

Obama was invited to home of Duke and Duchess of Cambridge *and* their children. Meanwhile Prince Harry and Michelle Obama bonded rather well over the Duke of Sussex's favorite charity "The Invincibles". In fact PH came to USA at least once to attend special events with Michelle Obama in support of that cause.

Old 06-03-2019, 05:52 PM

2,830 posts, read 2,511,243 times
So tired of the drama... can we please just move the F on and let our elected leaders do their jobs?

Old 06-03-2019, 06:35 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,790,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I didn't know she was nasty.[/i][/b]

What is the hidden meaning -- go ahead -- explain.
It was just explained in the post you quoted. Nothing is hidden. The meaning of the remark is completely obvious, even to you. Yet you feign confusion in the hopes of scoring points for the anti-Trump team, not realizing is that blatant dishonesty only makes you look bad.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:41 PM

6,129 posts, read 6,831,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Pfffft. That's pretty much the job we expect of reporters - trick people into saying things they don't mean to. I'm fine with that.

In this case they are taking a response out of context, intentionally. THAT is not ethical reporting.
Exactly. Reporters ask tough or uncomfortable questions. That is to be expected.

But twisting his words like this is wrong, period.

BTW I couldn’t rep you again, but if I could have I would have.

Old 06-03-2019, 06:41 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,659,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanst530 View Post
So tired of the drama... can we please just move the F on and let our elected leaders do their jobs?
Don't worry, the liberal media is already hard at work creating another manufactured outrage story..probably going to rehash the "2 scoops of ice cream" mega crisis

Old 06-03-2019, 06:56 PM

13,560 posts, read 10,399,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Exactly. Reporters ask tough or uncomfortable questions. That is to be expected.

But twisting his words like this is wrong, period.

BTW I couldn’t rep you again, but if I could have I would have.
The point is - a real statesmen will avoid rolling into the mud with trading insults at both his countrymen and his host country's representatives. Trump could have pointedly just ignored those comments from others and not have to answer. But noooooo.....he just can't.

Like insulting the mayor of London.

Like pointedly interfering in domestic British politics (expressing wish that Boris Johnson would be May's successor)

Like weighing in on Brexit or not Brexit

Old 06-03-2019, 07:03 PM

15,153 posts, read 11,659,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
The point is - a real statesmen will avoid rolling into the mud with trading insults at both his countrymen and his host country's representatives. Trump could have pointedly just ignored those comments from others and not have to answer. But noooooo.....he just can't.

Like insulting the mayor of London.

Like pointedly interfering in domestic British politics (expressing wish that Boris Johnson would be May's successor)

Like weighing in on Brexit or not Brexit
Hmm..did obummer OPENLY THREATEN the UK with trade sanctions if they dared vote to leave the EU?

Quote:
Barack Obama has warned that the UK would be at the “back of the queue” in any trade deal with the US if the country chose to leave the EU, as he made an emotional plea to Britons to vote for staying in.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics...or-trade-talks

I guess by your own standard, obama is not a statesman eh?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies