Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 08:22 PM

3,354 posts, read 1,192,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Definitely not racist.

Most definitely, clearly he said 'I didn't know she was nasty." - -no hesitation -- no garbling of words...no stuttering. Clear as a bell .

You and his administration are now spinning as fast as you can but you can't.

Sure it was because his feelings were hurt.

But so what. He's heard it a million times.

You can spin spin spin -- you can't change the tape.

It happened.

I would say he realized immediately he shouldn't have said it and gave her a compliment......but that's his style.

He'll say something childish and immature and then try to fluff over it.

Feelings? Hurt?
Doubt it. No regrets over what's done or said at all.

As you can see, most people here agree with him.

So they say the problem is her, not him.

And if she weren't different than the rest of them, it would never have come to this, but that is mainly because all the other royals - who fit in - would not have allowed their personal opinions to get out like that.... or someone would have at least suppressed it.

Old 06-03-2019, 08:22 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,790,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Definitely not worked up -- but will repeat the facts every time.

Not feelings or personal interpretations of the words said. But the words said.

Old 06-03-2019, 08:32 PM

8,196 posts, read 2,861,210 times
He didn't know that she said nasty things about him, was nasty towards him.

If you don't like what he said too bad.

She may be nasty in many ways for all we know.

When she first came on the scene my first thought was "trailer park dweller". Certainly not someone I thought a royal would be interested in.

Old 06-03-2019, 08:34 PM

7,519 posts, read 2,823,918 times
If one listens to the full audio and comes away with the thought that Trump called Markle nasty then you need to go back to the 5th grade for comprehension studies.

Old 06-04-2019, 06:42 AM

8,503 posts, read 4,597,200 times
Trumpers will deny reality until dead. They are beyond lost.

Old 06-04-2019, 06:54 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,472,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
lmao..What's even funnier is that you believe THEY are the lost ones here.

Old 06-04-2019, 07:28 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,790,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
This is only getting airplay in the USA MSM.
Interesting, I suppose few people in the U.K. know the American urban dictionary sense of the word, so attempts to misrepresent Trump's remark can't gain any traction.

Old 06-04-2019, 07:48 AM

16,751 posts, read 8,735,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikala43 View Post
Sigh. This is true, which makes me even angrier. Though I don't see my regular news sources carrying the misinformation, too many are.

Don't get me wrong, it's not like Fox isn't a lying pile of excrement too.

I'm disappointed in this misrepresentation, I am angry because it supports Trump's narrative.

But, Trump is responsible for being the type of person to which this story is completely believable. He has said worse. If Bush or Reagan said it the response would be "no way", but it is totally in the realm of the current administration.

So a big black mark on everyone in this situation.
I think this is a reasoned post, though you didn't have to take a shot a Fox News, as their news division seems pretty professional to me. That is likely why it is #1 and the MSM is struggling to get a regular audience.

I'd also point out how many people have known for decades that the news has a biased slant. This was obviously well before Trump came along, and started claiming fake news.
Frankly journalism has gone from professionals that occasionally wore their ideology on their sleeve, to full blown unprofessional partisan advocates.
Worse when they weave a false narrative to deceive the public, they have become nothing more than tabloids.

If you haven't yet, read the books by Sharyl Attkisson who is a true professional journalist and Kristin Powers (who leans left) but recognizes what has happened to journalism. They both paint a very troubling account of what has gone wrong.

`

Old 06-04-2019, 08:19 AM

15,153 posts, read 11,659,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
What reality are we denying? Please--i really want to know..

Old 06-04-2019, 08:21 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,192,494 times
This continues to be expected. So much proof now that those who are alike do fit together very well and those not alike will stir up so much trouble. I'm so glad these differences are evident now and hopefully this time, everyone involved will have learned not to mingle too deeply with those whom they share nothing in common. It's sad to watch people pretend getting over divisions which have been as clearly obvious as the differences between the colors of black and white - the same as all politics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies