Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2019, 10:28 AM

18,015 posts, read 27,463,514 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Pulling the country out of the second biggest financial disaster we`ve ever experienced was not the time to talk deficit. We were losing 745,000 jobs a month and the DOW was 8,000. Priorities!
Blame Ronald Reagan for deregulation, but not what Goldman Sachs, the Federal National Mortgage Association, the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, the FHA, the Federal Reserve Board, AIG, Countrywide, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, etc., to play around with LIBOR or CDOs or subprime loans and derivatives and hookers and every other damned thing that got bailed out by my tax money and the johns of said organizations got rewarded... did!

But then Obama and that republican John McCain crossed the aisles wink-wink! To rescue us all!

I'd chalk that down for about a trillion squandered. Where did Obama squander the other 9 trillion?

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Now this is funny. Trump's giveaways to rich fat cats are going to make America fit and trim? If Trump wants to make someone fit and trim he should start with his own bloated carcass.
Oh yeah.

Like all the money Trump gave our good buddies Iran, China and North Korea?

As to your bloated carcass comment about your President of the United States Donald J Trump...

Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2019, 11:45 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,095,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Blame Ronald Reagan for deregulation, but not what Goldman Sachs, the Federal National Mortgage Association, the Federal Home Loan Mortgage Corporation, the FHA, the Federal Reserve Board, AIG, Countrywide, Goldman Sachs, Morgan Stanley, etc., to play around with LIBOR or CDOs or subprime loans and derivatives and hookers and every other damned thing that got bailed out by my tax money and the johns of said organizations got rewarded... did!

But then Obama and that republican John McCain crossed the aisles wink-wink! To rescue us all!

I'd chalk that down for about a trillion squandered. Where did Obama squander the other 9 trillion?

Oh yeah.

Like all the money Trump gave our good buddies Iran, China and North Korea?

As to your bloated carcass comment about your President of the United States Donald J Trump...

Waa! Not My Pwesident! Waa!
Yeah, I figured Trump's "bloated carcass" would trigger someone. Trumpies. Such delicate little snowflakes.

Old 06-03-2019, 09:12 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,865,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Its both spending and revenue but mostly a reduction in taxes going back to 2000, we had a balanced budget until there were multiple tax cuts under Bush that stayed with us for the last 19 years. Some have tries to increase taxes over the years but its met with the usual resistance. We should not be increasing spending unless we increase the tax rate, instead we came up with yet another tax cut in 2017, senseless.
Balanced budget???? When? When did that happen?

Old 06-03-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Exactly. Tax cuts should be used when the economy is poor to stimulate spending. 2017 was the wrong time to enact one.
Which garbage economist taught you that? The ones who didn't see the biggest collapse since the Great Depression coming?

Tax cuts should be used no matter how good or bad the economy is. Put the powe in the hands of the states like the Founders intended.

Old 06-03-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Lots of "me, my, our, mines" in there.

Woe be it to me to explain to you how taking money from your children and grandchildren for "chedda now!" in "mine pockets" may not be a great idea.

But maybe someday you will read something that hits homes.
You're the one taking money from others children and grandchildren and you don't spend other peoples money wisely. That much is obvious to those who care about the truth.

Old 06-03-2019, 09:16 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
So who were all those people who fixed up their homes with the extra tax money they saved?
Oh, wait, one of them was ME

Old 06-03-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
So when are the Republicans cutting spending?
Never. Those two faced cowards are so full of it the whites of their eyes are brown. Trump doesn't seem to mind when spending goes up even though he said different. But that's okay, he doesn't take crap from anyone.

Old 06-03-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Trump continues to pressure FRB to cut interest rates by 1% and more money printing via quantitative easing ro stimulate the economy.
QE doesn't stimulate the economy. Obvious from the sky high welfare. QE is inflation. The managed market doesn't work, the free market does.

Old 06-03-2019, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
It really isn't their money in many cases. It was created out of nothing. They did no work to earn it. The only requirement was to know the right people.
That's rich. As if you care about people taking money that isn't theirs.

Old 06-03-2019, 09:21 PM

9,329 posts, read 4,142,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fibonacci View Post
Gee who could have predicted this:

All it did is blow up the deficit. And guess what brilliant Trump has done? He's started multiple trade wars that are likely going to cause a recession in 2020 or 2021. This next recession could be long and protracted. Trump's brilliance was to give a huge tax cut when it wasn't needed, had 0 effect and blew up the deficit. Now that card can't be used when it is is really needed for the looming recession.
Really zero effect? Didn't the rich get a li'l bit richer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies