Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should a presidential candidate alert the FBI to foreign adversaries trying to give them “dirt” on t
Yes 153 81.38%
No 35 18.62%
Voters: 188. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 07:40 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
This has nothing to do with his re-election or not. This has to do with what we should expect from an American President and politician and if you are ok with it you will not be when this becomes ok and it happens to help the Party you are against.

Stop this Left vs Right BS and think of the USA first.
Dude, that ship sailed years ago. Communists are at the gates doing whatever neccessary to take America down to the level of the countries of those invading us.
We finally have a non-politician as President only too happy to bust up the status quo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2019, 07:43 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
Dude, that ship sailed years ago. Communists are at the gates doing whatever neccessary to take America down to the level of the countries of those invading us.
We finally have a non-politician as President only too happy to bust up the status quo.
LOL. Man you bought not only the Kool Aid but the whole jar. This President isn’t busting anything all he is doing is what’s best for him. Communists at the gate that was funny.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:48 AM

1,718 posts, read 1,056,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Well, the people of City-Data P&OC section have spoken. With about 150 votes, over 80% voted "yes."

Comforting to know that there is still an overwhelming majority of posters here who believe in honesty and integrity.
Well, to be fair the poll question said "Should a presidential candidate alert the FBI to foreign adversaries trying to give them “dirt”.

Subtract the word 'adversaries' and the results may be different.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:52 AM

12,970 posts, read 9,664,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by finalmove View Post
That's the problem there, a guy who is clueless, no experience, a light weight in the ways of Washington. He have busted up nothing, Washington is worst now than it ever was, we have never seen anything play out like we are seeing today. This non politician crap is just that, crap. We became the great country we are today under the status quo, please.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:52 AM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
And, I'm sure they are. There seems to be no checks and balances anymore. Maybe we are transitioning to a one of those countries he calls names.
Seems.

There seems to be a lot of hyperbole...nazis...communists...dictatorship...en d of free press...all one big fat political talking point or another.

Maybe.

Maybe, we aren't transitioning to anything of the sort but people are trying to claim otherwise as a political attack.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:35 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,579,481 times
https://i.ibb.co/b24j9rf/afb061419d-...0614044508.jpg

Last edited by CaseyB; 06-14-2019 at 10:02 AM..

Old 06-14-2019, 08:41 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What would your opinion have been if Russia had openly worked for Obama or Hillary? Still cool with it?

Whatever happens today sets the precedents for tomorrow, you know.
The precedents were set decades, even centuries ago. Learn a little history.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:09 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
LOL. Man you bought not only the Kool Aid but the whole jar. This President isn’t busting anything all he is doing is what’s best for him. Communists at the gate that was funny.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
I'm surprised by the margin is that wide here on CD, this site seems to lean more right than left to me. I'm happy to see the wide margin, at least all hope is not lost in doing what is right. But the die hards will continue to spin and defend.
It helps that I made it a public poll. You better have the balls to come out in public and say foreign adversaries are cool to jump in bed with. Either that or set your profile to private... which I’ve seen many of those voting against it have.

Old 06-14-2019, 09:13 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,713,235 times
And, he's walked it back, sort of:

"President Donald Trump said Friday he would "absolutely" report political dirt dug up by a foreign country to federal authorities, seeking to quell a controversy over comments he made a day earlier in a high-profile interview.

"Of course you give it to the FBI or report to the attorney general or somebody like that," Trump told Fox and Friends in a live interview Friday. "Of course you do that. I thought it was made clear.""

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...bi/1442381001/

So, everyone who agreed with his original position, where do you stand now?

Old 06-14-2019, 09:17 AM

5,705 posts, read 3,674,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
And, he's walked it back:

"President Donald Trump said Friday he would "absolutely" report political dirt dug up by a foreign country to federal authorities, seeking to quell a controversy over comments he made a day earlier in a high-profile interview.

"Of course you give it to the FBI or report to the attorney general or somebody like that," Trump told Fox and Friends in a live interview Friday. "Of course you do that. I thought it was made clear.""

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...bi/1442381001/

So, everyone who agreed with his original position, where do you stand now?

Lol. I’m going with off the cuff Trump accidentally spilling the truth rather than everyone told me you’re ****ed if you don’t backpedal Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies