Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2019, 01:01 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,999,463 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
For the umpteenth time how is me stating my opinion on abortion limiting or controlling women? You pro-abortionists can't tolerate a difference of opinion without resorting to your nonsense above? You just can't stand it unless you can convince us anti-abortionists to agree with you? Why is that so important to you? This is a forum not a voting booth.

Women have the right to control their reproductive capabilities by not getting pregnant in the first place by using birth control and/or making sure her sex partner does. They also know ahead of time that there is a failure rate on not using it properly. If they go ahead and have sex anyway they become responsible for welfare of the life that was created. Being responsible IMO is not killing it.
People have explained it to you. You refuse to listen, and iirc you've refused to answer me when I ask you how you vote. Do you vote for people who support your views and propose or pass bills limiting or outlawing abortion? Or do you vote for people who do not, who say "my opinion is abortion is wrong but I don't believe I should limit women's options so I have no interest in passing abortion-related legislation and want to leave the issue alone," or people who are staunchly pro-choice regardless of how they feel personally because their own views only matter for their own situations?

If you vote for pro-life candidates, then your opinions likely are impacting women, actually controlling them irl. If you don't, then they likely aren't, because the people you vote for aren't interested in limiting or outlawing abortion.

The whole point of having belief systems on social and other issues and voting is to vote for politicians who will do what you want or believe in. I highly doubt that you are an exception to that rule, unless you don't vote at all in any election ever.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:03 PM

18,419 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Not it's not. It's avoiding responsibility.
Ok it’s avoiding the responsibility of being responsible for the care and maintenance of a child for the next 18 years. When you know you are incapable. Adoption might take care of the parenting aspect but it doesn’t take care of a woman who doesn’t want anything growing inside her. All because she had sex? No one in America should be forced to remain pregnant against her will, nor have to labor and deliver a child. Then give it up or raise it against her will. I don’t care if she had sex for recreation,or her bc failed, or because she was raped

Old 06-14-2019, 01:05 PM

2,448 posts, read 894,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
A brain dead person is already dead, so you can not kill them again.
So if I smother that person and stop them from breathing, I'm not killing that person? What verb would you substitute for "kill" in this situation?

Old 06-14-2019, 01:05 PM

18,419 posts, read 19,031,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Because the abortion rates in minorities are much higher.

When there is a systematically killing off of a minority via abortion, it affects future generations.

And in this case, there are fewer families available now since the population has been genocided over the last 50 years.
So why do 22,000 children age out of foster care every year?

Old 06-14-2019, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Second/third trimester boundary is where I draw the line, because third trimester fetuses can be viable outside the womb
Okay, so you now pivoted again. At least you pivoted to a more acceptable, logical, scientific position. You're now acknowledging that second and third trimester fetuses are persons and that you don't need to be born to be a person?

Old 06-14-2019, 01:09 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
Okay, so you now pivoted again. At least you pivoted to a more acceptable, logical, scientific position. You're now acknowledging that second and third trimester fetuses are persons and that you don't need to be born to be a person?
No, I didn't pivot, I was always there. And I said the border, which is 6 months/24 weeks. That does not include the whole of the 2nd trimester, which starts at just 12 weeks. I always assume pro life posters are against all abortion.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:14 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
So if I smother that person and stop them from breathing, I'm not killing that person? What verb would you substitute for "kill" in this situation?
What do you not get about brain dead IS DEAD. How do you kill a person that is already dead? Is the brain dead person you are stabbing a zombie?

Quote:
When someone is brain dead, it means that the brain is no longer working in any capacity and never will again. Other organs, such as the heart, kidneys or liver, can still work for a short time if the breathing machine is left in place, but when brain death is declared, it means the person has died.
Quote:
How does the doctor determine brain death?
Doctors examining the patient will conduct a battery of tests to determine whether any brain activity is present. If all brain activity is absent, the patient is dead.
Quote:
At the time a physician declares brain death, the patient is dead. Mechanical support (a breathing machine) keeps oxygen going to the organs until they can be recovered for transplant. The machine is not keeping the patient alive (brain death is irreversible and is legally and medically recognized as death), it is merely keeping the organs viable until they can be recovered.
http://www.donorrecovery.org/learn/u...g-brain-death/

Even is a brain dead person is on life support, that person is dead, the family can choose to remove that support and it is not murder.

Old 06-14-2019, 01:22 PM

4,488 posts, read 1,644,820 times
Are pro-life people against the death penalty as well? If not, you are for killing people.

And for those who say they committed a crime that justifies the death penalty, what if they were actually innocent and sentenced to death for no reason?

Old 06-14-2019, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
What do you not get about brain dead IS DEAD. How do you kill a person that is already dead? Is the brain dead person you are stabbing a zombie?

Understanding Brain Death « Finger Lakes Donor Recovery Network

Even is a brain dead person is on life support, that person is dead, the family can choose to remove that support and it is not murder.
If the person is already dead, why is it necessary to take an action like removing life support? If their life is being supported, then aren't they still alive? Are you saying there is no moral significance to stopping that person from breathing?

You'll note that I did not use the term "murder" in reference to this particular context. We used the term "killing," so I asked for which verb would be more appropriate, given your position. What verb would be more appropriate if I smother or stab a brain dead person, if not "kill?"

Old 06-14-2019, 01:30 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
If the person is already dead, why is it necessary to take an action like removing life support? If their life is being supported, then aren't they still alive? Are you saying there is no moral significance to stopping that person from breathing?

You'll note that I did not use the term "murder" in reference to this particular context. We used the term "killing," so I asked for which verb would be more appropriate, given your position. What verb would be more appropriate if I smother or stab a brain dead person, if not "kill?"
I'm guessing you supported keeping Terry Schaivo's feeding tube in....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies