Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2019, 02:50 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanny Goat View Post
Where are the adoption agencies that are going to take in all of these millions of children and find them all "good" homes? LOL. In a fairy tale, but not anywhere in the US.
Are you kidding? Do you have any idea how many responsible adults are lining up to adopt or how much these adults are paying just to adopt a baby? BTW I doubt millions in any one year would be faced with the decision as to whether to keep their babies and how many might actually decide to keep their babies and to raise them.

Let me add, I do see reasons for abortion. If a moms life is at risk, which is rare, of course save mom and not baby: it the baby is totally damaged that is a totally different In fat my granddaughter, who is pro life was faced with this situation. She did decide to abort. Rape, honest rape that is, incest, a girl under 14, these are exceptions and only in the first trimester: certainly never in the 3rd trimester. At that stage it is murder.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:50 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Here's a great look at households from the 1960s compared today.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a2d3cb407fb8

Look at how many more families were actually working to support their own kids in the 1960s.

PS. When did welfare start???

Old 06-13-2019, 02:51 PM

4,386 posts, read 4,238,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
It doesn't happen all the time... I am not asking you to risk your life...
The number of women who die each year from complications due to childbirth is around 700, according to various reports that I have read. If that is the case, then it absolutely does happen all the time, closer to twice a day than once a day, every day of the year. That is the very definition of happening all the time.

Old 06-13-2019, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Just exactly what stage of pregnancy are you referring? You think a fetus at the age of ten weeks is a fully formed person?
yes!!!!!!!!! Able to survive on its own, of course not but it is fully formed.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Say what? About half of women who have abortions were using birth control when they got pregnant. Accidents (birth control failure) aren’t at all rare.

https://www.guttmacher.org/news-rele...th-they-became
All I have to say, is: look at your source: not a very reliable one. As for using birth control and still getting pregnant, it is very rare unless you are on birth control and just forget to use it . This is something I know a little bit about. Anyone can say anything, just because it is reported does not mean it is true.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:02 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Your belief isn't necessary for any other person to be a person... That line of thinking isn't unique a few decades to a few centuries ago... And yes we do have to keep you alive, because you are a person ... Whether a fetus can tell you to stop or not isn't a requirement for it to be a person ...
What country are you living in?.....because in the good ole USA healthcare is not a right and you need healthcare to stay alive.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:05 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
What Are Pro-Life People Going to Do with These Unwanted Children after Birth?
Tax, regulate and generally enslave them.

Same as Team Blue.

Damn, that was a softball. What's next?

Old 06-13-2019, 03:12 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
yes!!!!!!!!! Able to survive on its own, of course not but it is fully formed.
You think a 10 week old fetus is 100% formed and just spends the next 30 weeks not developing at all and just getting bigger?

Please do some research. You’re woefully uninformed.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:13 PM

11,411 posts, read 7,809,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
All I have to say, is: look at your source: not a very reliable one. As for using birth control and still getting pregnant, it is very rare unless you are on birth control and just forget to use it . This is something I know a little bit about. Anyone can say anything, just because it is reported does not mean it is true.
Well then how about you post a better source? And not a biased pro life one. If you claim birth control failure is rare, it’s up to you to prove it.

Old 06-13-2019, 03:20 PM

1,406 posts, read 801,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Just exactly what stage of pregnancy are you referring? You think a fetus at the age of ten weeks is a fully formed person?
That is a very good question that should be asked. Every reasonable person must concede that there is some point prior to birth when a fetus becomes human. I'm not sure I think conception is that point, but there is some point in between conception and birth when the fetus can and should be considered a person separate and distinct from the mother.

I don't know exactly when that is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies