Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2019, 06:24 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Where do get the idea that unique DNA means a damn thing?

The next time I go to the doctor, the next time I need a prescription, I am not going to pay, after all, I have unique DNA so that makes my life sacred! Pay them? Oh hell no! They should feel privileged to help keep me alive!

Sorry to disappoint you, but I don't have to make up excuses to validate my belief that a fetus is not a person and it does not give a damn if it is aborted or not.
Thank goodness. What I don't understand is why these busybodies think it is any of their business. If they don't believe in abortion, then don't have one. The ones who are men (and I'm a man)....I wonder even more what the motivation is behind each position.

Old 06-14-2019, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNC4Me View Post
Wrong. Pro Choice means supporting whatever the woman chooses be it motherhood, adoption or abortion. “Prolife” means forcing a woman to choose between motherhood or adoption if she has an unintended pregnancy. Pro Choice means supporting those choices and the right to abortion.
Or throwing herself down a flight of stairs or other means to try to induce a miscarriage.

Old 06-14-2019, 06:48 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
This should scare most everyone.

The idea that the government decides a person is alive is scary as hell.

Lot's of governments decided entire classes of people weren't human; therefore, they justified things like extermination and slavery.
And of course slaves were determined to be 3/5 of a person by govt.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:04 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
They aren't legally people. There is a legal distinction. If you don't like the legal distinction, then fight to have the legal distinction erased until the distinction vanishes....but until it does...you're wrong....fetuses aren't people.

Sure, both of us are entitled to our opinions, but I'm not attempting to control women and attempting to make them feel bad with my opinion....and you are.
Post a link to the law that says that fetuses aren't humans. How am I attempting to control women simply by having an opinion on this issue? They should feel badly though with or without my opinion.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:08 AM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Then your argument of being against it on principle falls apart. If you are against it on principle (that the act itself is wrong), then it is either wrong, or it isn't....not 'it's wrong, but....'.
What this translates to is "it's wrong except when the woman becomes pregnant through no fault of her own". If the woman is "at fault" - pregnant because of irresponsible actions or behavior that is perceived as immoral, then somehow she must suffer the consequences in the hope that she "learns her lesson". The child (actual, post-birth child) be damned.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:13 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
This should scare most everyone.

The idea that the government decides a person is alive is scary as hell.

Lot's of governments decided entire classes of people weren't human; therefore, they justified things like extermination and slavery.
Governments still decide that. But who else will? You? Me? Who are we to decide? And we can't make those choices anyway. There are laws in place to decide that for us because we live in a society of laws. The purpose of governments are to make these difficult decisions for us by electing representatives/judges who ostensibly represent the entire population. It could be persuasively argued that slavery is still allowed in certain forms in the United States in 2019. It's called unpaid internships. And this ridiculous minimum wage of $7.25/hour? Who could possibly live on that? Not even single working adults can (see my comments on the $7.25 minimum wage and unpaid internships.)

Old 06-14-2019, 07:19 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
I think the real question is, to go back to the OP:

Why are prochoicers outright abandoning all children who are born?

Why are "prochoicers" ideology based in kill it or abandon it?

Old 06-14-2019, 07:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
That is the one question you will never get a straight answer to from any of these pro lifers. They want to tell other people how they should live their lives, but then they shy away from providing any solutions or support for these unwanted children.

I see these protesters all the time near my home, with signs about how horrible abortion is, but they are generally in their 80's or 90's, and generally men, who have no dog in this fight. They have no solutions, only condemnation for people who want the right to make their own choices.
How sad...that at that stage of life they wouldn't have the curiosity to explore avenues that they haven't had the chance/taken the time to yet explore in their lives before they pass on, rather than spending time doing what you pointed out.

Quote:
If I ever saw one of these people step up and offer to support one of these kids, I would keel over.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:29 AM

30,651 posts, read 18,249,084 times
What a ridiculous thread.

Let's snuff out life because life may be hard

Newsflash: even those with hard lives live meaningful lives in their own ways, going on to have children and families of their own, etc.

The fact that some live hard lives is not justification for snuffing out life.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:31 AM

3,354 posts, read 1,185,760 times
When does the man become responsible for his body? When that happens, along with lifetime support for all women he chooses to mate with violently, just maybe I would be against abortion. But then probably not. Plenty of people say nothing at all about already living children that die at the hands of adults and their adult greed. So, as long as you can force children into whatever situation and can do nothing to help every single one of them, and that you care less about them once they are here, I will never agree with a prolifer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies