Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2019, 07:37 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Post a link to the law that says that fetuses aren't humans.

Fetus is a legal distinction.

If they were legally considered to be people, then abortion.....legally...would be murder....and it isn't. The 1973 SCOTUS decision Roe v. Wade allows women the right to privacy to make that decision, and it isn't against the law. Murder is against the law.

Quote:
How am I attempting to control women simply by having an opinion on this issue?
Because your particular opinion = an attempt to tell them what they can/can't do with their own bodies. Telling them what they can/can't do is an attempt to control.

Quote:
They should feel badly though with or without my opinion.
I rest my case.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
What this translates to is "it's wrong except when the woman becomes pregnant through no fault of her own". If the woman is "at fault" - pregnant because of irresponsible actions or behavior that is perceived as immoral, then somehow she must suffer the consequences in the hope that she "learns her lesson". The child (actual, post-birth child) be damned.
Yep.

I disagree with people who are against abortion for any reason on principle because they believe the act itself to be wrong, but I have more respect for that POV than I do the 'It's wrong...but/It's wrong...unless' people.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:49 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post

Fetus is a legal distinction.

If they were legally considered to be people, then abortion.....legally...would be murder....and it isn't. The 1973 SCOTUS decision Roe v. Wade allows women the right to privacy to make that decision, and it isn't against the law. Murder is against the law.

Because your particular opinion = an attempt to tell them what they can/can't do with their own bodies. Telling them what they can/can't do is an attempt to control.

I rest my case.
They are still developing humans and there is no denying that. If pro-abortion women are so sure of their stance then why would they be swayed by someone else's opinion? And no, an opinion is not telling one what to do. As I have said numerous times they had control of their bodies and choices before engaging in sex. After getting pregnant there is more than her body involved. I am so sick of the claims that we anti-abortionists are just trying to control women. It's absolutely ridiculous!

Old 06-14-2019, 07:52 AM

21,382 posts, read 7,954,715 times
Why do prochoicers hate children? Where did prochoicers gain all these hate-filled views on children?

Killing: They approve of killing them in the womb.

Abandonment: They only want prolifers to care for them after the child is born (which is the point of this thread), so they are supporting 100% abandonment by prochoicers.

Punishment: They believe that any women who gives birth is being "punished."

Old 06-14-2019, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Governments still decide that. But who else will? You? Me? Who are we to decide? And we can't make those choices anyway. There are laws in place to decide that for us because we live in a society of laws. The purpose of governments are to make these difficult decisions for us by electing representatives/judges who ostensibly represent the entire population. It could be persuasively argued that slavery is still allowed in certain forms in the United States in 2019. It's called unpaid internships And this ridiculous minimum wage of $7.25/hour? Who could possibly live on that? Not even single working adults can (see my comments on the $7.25 minimum wage and unpaid internships.)
If you thing they're wrong, then don't enter into one . That's called freedom.

Old 06-14-2019, 08:02 AM

88,617 posts, read 84,857,016 times
Target practice at the shooting range?

Old 06-14-2019, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They are still developing humans and there is no denying that.
Now you're moving the goalposts by calling them developing humans rather than people.

Quote:
If pro-abortion women are so sure of their stance then why would they be swayed by someone else's opinion?
That's a good question . I don't know, as I don't know any such weak minded women. All of the women I know, in my family and otherwise, are strong minded and opinionated.

Quote:
And no, an opinion is not telling one what to do. As I have said numerous times they had control of their bodies and choices before engaging in sex. After getting pregnant there is more than her body involved. I am so sick of the claims that we anti-abortionists are just trying to control women. It's absolutely ridiculous!

It really is amazing that you don't see that an attempt to tell women what time block/point in time/timeframe is acceptable re her having control over her own body is acceptable and what other time block/point in time/timeframe is not acceptable is an attempt to control.

And no, after getting pregnant there isn't more than her body involved. She should have agency over her own body.

Why do you care/what is your objection to choice? Is it a religious objection?

Old 06-14-2019, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Target practice at the shooting range?

Old 06-14-2019, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post

What a ridiculous thread.

Let's snuff out life because life may be hard

Newsflash: even those with hard lives live meaningful lives in their own ways, going on to have children and families of their own, etc.

The fact that some live hard lives is not justification for snuffing out life.
Yet you jumped in and posted to it .

Old 06-14-2019, 08:27 AM

62,993 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
Now you're moving the goalposts by calling them developing humans rather than people.

That's a good question . I don't know, as I don't know any such weak minded women. All of the women I know, in my family and otherwise, are strong minded and opinionated.

It really is amazing that you don't see that an attempt to tell women what time block/point in time/timeframe is acceptable re her having control over her own body is acceptable and what other time block/point in time/timeframe is not acceptable is an attempt to control.

And no, after getting pregnant there isn't more than her body involved. She should have agency over her own body.

Why do you care/what is your objection to choice? Is it a religious objection?
Anyone with half a brain would know that by offering one's opinion on any issue is not forcing them to comply with yours. My objection is based on caring about life being protected. Here's a good article for you to read.

https://www.lifesitenews.com/resourc...-isnt-a-person
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies