Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2019, 05:16 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
Correct me if I’m wrong. Your objection is because she had consensual sex? That smacks of punishment, the old....she made her bed. Why is abortion ok from a rape or incest but not if the woman had consensual sex?
Oh, geezus. I meant rape and incest might be the exception for an abortion if she is having severe emotional problems because of it and in the early stages of pregnancy. If she consented to sex then IMO the only exception for an abortion would be because her life was at risk. I have said so many times in here. Did you miss those posts?

Old 06-14-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
It has the potential to be.

The lungs at that stage are so underdeveloped that there is no way for them to breathe.

Do you want to create many more such parents by banning abortion?

Define "non-abortifacient birth control", please.

The only fetal indication for termination in the third trimester is a condition incompatible with life after delivery. Do you really believe that a woman should be forced to carry a fetus for weeks when she knows it will die soon after birth anyway? The choice to do that or not should be hers.

No one is going to abort a healthy fetus in the third trimester.

Absolutely not. For one there is no functioning lung tissue capable of exchanging oxygen. Even well into the third trimester the lungs are not fully functional.

Half the women who seek abortion were using contraception in the cycle in which they conceived. Not all of those were user failures.

No one does. It is not a biological question. It is a legal one.

Choices that matter to "ProChoicers"
Abstinence
Birth control
Motherhood
Adoption
Abortion

Someone is snatching pregnant black women off the streets and making them have abortions? Really?

Perhaps if more poor black women had access to long acting methods of contraception there would be fewer black women seeking abortions.
You're repeating the same old lies again. Those who's birth control failed was mostly due to improper usage so it was their own fault. Thought you could sneak that one by us again?

Old 06-14-2019, 05:23 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh, geezus. I meant rape and incest might be the exception for an abortion if she is having severe emotional problems because of it and in the early stages of pregnancy. If she consented to sex then IMO the only exception for an abortion would be because her life was at risk. I have said so many times in here. Did you miss those posts?
Oh, geezus. ......how many times do you have to be told that pregnancy ALWAYS risks a woman's life?

Old 06-14-2019, 05:25 PM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
Yes I may have missed a post or two. Is the exception for you is more on the mental grounds for the woman, not so much for the developing fetus? Otherwise wouldn’t one fetus be on equal footing no matter how it was conceived?

Old 06-14-2019, 05:27 PM

18,390 posts, read 19,023,642 times
Quote:
You're repeating the same old lies again. Those who's birth control failed was mostly due to improper usage so it was their own fault. Thought you could sneak that one by us again?
Seriously have you never forgotten to take your blood pressure pills. Or some other everyday routine task? Why is it a “fault” it is accidental non intentional.

Old 06-14-2019, 05:32 PM

21,382 posts, read 7,949,172 times
Quote:
Black women are not stupid and can make their own choices.

Btw If a woman doesn’t want an abortion it doesn’t matter how many abortions clinics are in the neighborhood she isn’t gonna abort
Explain. Why are there so many abortion clinics in black neighborhoods?

Old 06-14-2019, 05:44 PM

Quote:
Seriously have you never forgotten to take your blood pressure pills. Or some other everyday routine task? Why is it a “fault” it is accidental non intentional.
Doesn't matter. Forgetting is not an excuse. If you don't really don't want to get pregnant you will be vigilant about using birth control properly. I'll bet the stats are pretty high for those who don't even use birth control but just gave into their sexual impulses with wild abandon not caring about the circumstances and giving into the heat of the moment instead shows some immaturity on their part.

Old 06-14-2019, 05:52 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post
Because black neighborhoods tend to be poor neighborhoods where there is need for no/low cost healthcare.

Good grief.......do you see deep dark conspiracies everywhere you look?

Old 06-14-2019, 05:54 PM

2,112 posts, read 2,597,136 times
These pro-lifers are just full of themselves. This is all a show to make themselves look and feel morally superior. Most of them won't be doing squat to help with all these kids they want born. They are so delusional that scientific facts do not matter to them at all. Shoot most of these same people are against expanding medicaid, which would help these poor women and the babies they will have get better medical coverage. So much for the whole "pro-life" mantra they want to through around. I live in Alabama, so I know many people like this. All you jokers will be doing is contributing more to the poverty rate. Don't even get me started about the people who throw out the number of abortions that black women have, pretending to care about black babies and don't give a damn about black folks at all.

Don't even get me started on so many of these same people claiming to be for "small government"!!

Old 06-14-2019, 05:57 PM

1,323 posts, read 588,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtovenice View Post

No need to explain something that isn't true.

Antiabortion activists often claim that most abortion clinics are located in predominantly black or Hispanic neighborhoods. However, this claim—offered as supposed proof that abortion providers “target” minority women—is false.

KEY FINDINGS
About six in 10 abortion providers are located in neighborhoods where more than half of residents are white. Fewer than one in 10 abortion providers are located in neighborhoods where more than half of residents are black. Some 13% of abortion providers are located in neighborhoods where more than half of residents are Hispanic.

DEFINITIONS
This analysis categorizes abortion providers in two ways to offer the most comprehensive overview possible:

“All” comprises all 1,720 providers known to provide abortion care in 2011
“400+” comprises the 576 abortion providers that provided 400 or more abortions in 2011 (these facilities accounted for 33% of all providers and 92% of all abortions in 2011)

METHODOLOGY
Using the results of its most recent census of all known abortion providers in the United States, Guttmacher examined the racial and ethnic makeup of neighborhoods in which abortion providers were located in 2011 (the most recent year for which data are available). Neighborhood characteristics are based on information for each U.S. zip code from the 2007–2011 American Community Survey.

https://www.guttmacher.org/article/2...borhoods-false
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies