Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-16-2019, 09:00 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,674,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by YourWakeUpCall View Post
I'll take your post as prima facie evidence that you have conceded this debate.
LOL, Just what gave you that WRONG idea? You lose from demanding people accept the idea that abortion is murder.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:07 PM

63,019 posts, read 29,223,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
At least they were trying.

The part of my post that you quoted includes mention of the more effective long acting methods, which are not affordable for many women. Perfect use every time by every woman for the other methods is an unattainable goal.

Do you support making such methods free for any woman who wants to use them?
They weren't really trying if they didn't use birth control as prescribed. There already are free clinics to access birth control.

Why wouldn't they use birth control perfectly if they don't want to get pregnant? What's so hard about it? If you know you didn't do that then why whine after getting pregnant? We are talking adult women here not little kids.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:11 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,541,348 times
Jonathan Swift had a modest proposal....

Old 06-16-2019, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Then when the kids die because they could not be fed, clothed or housed, you are ok with that, but you are not ok with them dying before they are born?
Reading comprehension? I said that our taxes are going towards feeding and clothing them, etc. already. I just think that instead of nailing the taxpayer for it why not put them up for adoption? Charity organizations can help also. So no use for the melodramatics about them starving. No American child does that.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:16 PM

37,140 posts, read 41,343,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They weren't really trying if they didn't use birth control as prescribed. There already are free clinics to access birth control.

Why wouldn't they use birth control perfectly if they don't want to get pregnant? What's so hard about it? If you know you didn't do that then why whine after getting pregnant? We are talking adult women here not little kids.
I does not help if the "free clinic" is not located where the woman lives.

Why wouldn't they use birth control perfectly if they don't want to get pregnant?

Because none of us is perfect.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
I does not help if the "free clinic" is not located where the woman lives.

Why wouldn't they use birth control perfectly if they don't want to get pregnant?

Because none of us is perfect.
Just how far away would a clinic have to be to not be accessible? Come on, you're just grasping at straws now. Sure none of us are perfect per se but when it comes to something this important just how hard can it be to take a daily birth control pill, etc. Are you saying that before engaging in sex she hasn't given any thought to the above? She knows whether or not she is using birth control as prescribed before hand. Stop making excuses for something so simple.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:28 PM

25,609 posts, read 17,346,241 times
Quote:
What Are Pro-Life People Going to Do with These Unwanted Children after Birth?
The joy of being a conservative is that it allows me to be pro-life and believe in the death penalty - all at the same time.
See, this confounds Democrats. But that's because no one is actually pro-life to the degree that Democrats claim. They just made the whole thing up.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:30 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,013,781 times
Quote:

Why are you so judgmental? Why do you think everyone is perfect and there's zero chance ever that a person may accidentally forget to take a pill, or something unexpected happens and she isn't home to take it on time or doesn't have it with her? Until you've had to take a daily pill at basically the exact same time every day or you might get pregnant (impossible since you're a guy), maybe don't judge.

You are like the people on a thread in current events about the city towing cars and eventually selling them when people can't afford to pay the tow fees, resulting in poor people losing their cars, all because they got possibly just one parking ticket. One. The answers from a lot of posters just like you were, "well next time don't get a parking ticket and you won't get towed. How about some personal responsibility? Don't violate parking laws, easy." And the reply is, okay but do you realize that no one is perfect and all humans are capable of making mistakes AND do make mistakes? Do you realize that some people may genuinely not realize they are illegally parking, may misread the sign or misunderstand the law and think they're fine? A meeting or appointment may overrun and they overstay the meter a bit? Why do you demand perfection when humans are not perfect?

A woman can forget a pill ONE time or take it too late ONE time and it lowers the effectiveness.

It amazes me you think you can sit in judgment, as a man especially. The gall you have, honestly.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:32 PM

18,414 posts, read 19,053,577 times
Quote:

I asked before and perhaps missed your answer. Have you ever missed a blood pressure pill or other medication taken on a regular basis? People try hard to do the right thing in most cases.

Old 06-16-2019, 09:33 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,013,781 times
Quote:
Just how far away would a clinic have to be to not be accessible? Come on, you're just grasping at straws now. Sure none of us are perfect per se but when it comes to something this important just how hard can it be to take a daily birth control pill, etc. Are you saying that before engaging in sex she hasn't given any thought to the above? She knows whether or not she is using birth control as prescribed before hand. Stop making excuses for something so simple.
I don't know, some states do a really good job at having only one abortion clinic to limit women's access to abortion as much as possible, so it wouldn't surprise me at all if women in rural areas especially had no easy access to free clinics where they can access birth control. In red states. You don't have a clue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.