Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2019, 09:43 AM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Excuses, excuses.
Choosing not to dig through trash is not an "excuse."

It's simply good mental hygiene...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2019, 03:30 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
Most of our history involved us minding our own business.
Is that some kind of bizarre differently twisted alternative history?

In the last 150 years, the US has never minded its own business. It has always inserted itself into the affairs of foreign States.

Where you "minding your own business" when you were running a colony in China in 1843?

I think not.

You were in China for decades, then you left and came back to take over Germany's colonies in China in 1918 and stayed until 1937.

Where you minding your own business when you were murdering heads-of-State and setting up puppet-dictatorships in Central and South America in the latter half of the 1800s?

Nope.

Old 06-23-2019, 04:08 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,595,985 times
part of me hopes the US is dumb enough to go into Iran. Surely that will hasten the ultimate demise of this murderous regime and crimeocracy. (Iran might ultimately benefit too somehow.)

Old 06-23-2019, 04:25 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,177,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
The Iran deal...
Deal, not treaty.

Quote:
You keep missing the point...
No, you keep missing the point.

Whether the intelligence was faulty or not makes no difference.

Did the intelligence provide a basis for the US to engage Iraq?

Yes. And that is all that matters.

Quote:
Either you are not following along in this thread or you're not following the news, but the issue is not really waiting until war is actually declared but addressing the developments that increase the chances of either that or some other form of armed conflict.
You are not following along.

Which part of "Geo-Political Strategy" do you not understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
It will just be another failed war like we had both Bush 1 and 2.
There were no failures.

Did the Gulf War allow the US and Brits to maintain a military presence in Iraq until such time as further military action allowed the US to gain total control of Iraq?

It's a simple question. A "Yes" or "No" will suffice.

The answer is "Yes."

The whole freaking point of the No-Fly Zone was to allow the US and Britain to maintain a military presence in Iraq until the opportunity arose to invade Iraq.

9-11 created that opportunity for you.

If you cannot wrap your brain around that, then you'll never understand that the whole freaking point of having troops in Iraq and Afghanistan is so the US can maintain a military presence until it invades Iran.

Quote:
Your chess analogy, for example, is really bad.
No, it's spot on.

Quote:
In chess (which I very much enjoy playing), once you loose a piece there's typically no getting it back.
Who cares?

That has nothing to do with anything.

You claim to know chess.

Okay, if you open with Ruy Lopez, how in the hell can you possibly change to the King's Gambit or Queen's Gambit?

If you use the English Opening, how can you possibly switch to Ruy Lopez? The Pawn is occupying the square where the Bishop is supposed to be.

That's the point. A point that was obviously lost upon you.

"You don't change horses mid-stream."

Ever heard that? Wanna know why? Because usually you and the horse end up drowning to death.

You've literally invested $TRILLIONs in this strategy. And you're going to switch to what, exactly?

You wanna go back to the Pacific Rim Strategy? That would put the US directly in conflict with China, which I would point out is the whole freaking reason you abandoned that strategy in the first place.

China is simply not doable, and only a moron wouldn't understand that.

There are no other viable geo-strategies for the US.

This is it. You will either succeed, or you will fail, and if you fail, your suffering will be legendary, even in Hell.

Quote:
There are no such comparisons in any of these respects and more when it comes to the never-ending geopolitical seas we navigate as a country along with all the other countries trying to do the same one way or another, to more or less an extent.
"All the other countries?"

What the hell people. There are only two other countries, Russia and China and China doesn't even figure into this strategy.

Get it?

Apparently, you can't understand the "geo" part of Geo-Political Strategy.

"Geo" means global in this context.

Do you seriously believe Norway has a Geo-Strategy?

Really? Norway is going to put 5 Million troops under arms? How's that work, exactly? Do you attach a rifle somewhere on an infant's diaper? Norway would have to use the elderly, infants, toddlers and small children to field an army that size.

If you can't field an army of 5 Million then you're Not-Ready-For-Prime-Time-Geo-Strategy.

And, it's more than just the ability to field a large army. You need money, technology and the ability to project power and hegemony.

There's only a dozen countries that might even be capable of doing that, and the majority aren't even in the game.

The other 180-odd countries? They're cannon fodder. Pawns to be sacrificed.

Old 06-24-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
part of me hopes the US is dumb enough to go into Iran. Surely that will hasten the ultimate demise of this murderous regime and crimeocracy. (Iran might ultimately benefit too somehow.)
You must love Vegas, craps, the roll of the dice...

Maybe not so much the history of "regime change" that all too often seems to bring worse rather than better while generating more enemies and vengeance that seems to last forever into the future!

Old 06-24-2019, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
Whether the intelligence was faulty or not makes no difference.

Did the intelligence provide a basis for the US to engage Iraq?

Yes. And that is all that matters.

You are not following along.
If I'm the one not following along, then why are you explaining yet again something I've not argued? In fact I specifically made the point the soundness of the intelligence is really not the issue or what's important...

Also, if I'm the one not following along, at least I'm not doing so with comments that make it all the harder to follow along. Can you not focus and distill your replies into a single focus comment rather than record-breaking tracks that I'm not inclined to address in kind. Not inclined because if I do, this thread will turn into a "War and Peace" narrative I just don't have the time or patience to entertain in this forum. Sorry.

"Less is more" as some like to say about the beauty of brevity...

Old 06-24-2019, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Which part of "Geo-Political Strategy" do you not understand?
The part about where it is written, when, by whom, where kept and updated how often? Just for starters...

Or is this something passed down in the Deep State inner circle by word of mouth from generation to generation like the native Indians passed down their folklore?

Reference sources, one or two convincing good ones will do. No need for another novel by Mircea...

Old 06-25-2019, 09:19 AM

Quote:
You claim to know chess.
Not that I'm looking for another volume to wade through, but I think it's your move...

I was curious how you might answer my question(s), fingers crossed with simple straight-forward answers that might include other than just your opinion. Or have you once again vanished from the scene without looking back?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies