Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-13-2019, 12:51 PM

29,552 posts, read 9,733,904 times

Advertisements

Liberal or conservative, we've all got to well remember how we ended up invading Iraq, contrary to much objection by both liberals and conservatives. Right? Now too all this with Iran. When do we stop accepting this sort of executive lead toward war rather than perhaps requiring at least some better level of scrutiny and strategy? Perhaps better suited for Congress at least?

Just Trump now instead?

I mean aside from all other innocents who are likely to die as a result of these sorts of conflicts, American soldiers are both liberal and conservative and deserving of better reasons to put their lives on the line...

US gears up for war with Iran

Can a state that condemns, without real justification, an international disarmament treaty it spent years negotiating then threaten a co-signatory with military aggression? Can it order other countries to fall into line with its capricious, bellicose stance or face punitive sanctions?

https://mondediplo.com/2019/06/01edito

Is all we need for Trump to say so?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2019, 12:59 PM

1,881 posts, read 1,011,475 times
Won't Trump just try to issue an executive order and declare war now? Its how its been going lately.. Possibly a tweet even

Old 06-13-2019, 03:11 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Liberal or conservative, we've all got to well remember how we ended up invading Iraq, contrary to much objection by both liberals and conservatives. Right? Now too all this with Iran. When do we stop accepting this sort of executive lead toward war rather than perhaps requiring at least some better level of scrutiny and strategy? Perhaps better suited for Congress at least?

Just Trump now instead?

I mean aside from all other innocents who are likely to die as a result of these sorts of conflicts, American soldiers are both liberal and conservative and deserving of better reasons to put their lives on the line...

US gears up for war with Iran

Can a state that condemns, without real justification, an international disarmament treaty it spent years negotiating then threaten a co-signatory with military aggression? Can it order other countries to fall into line with its capricious, bellicose stance or face punitive sanctions?

https://mondediplo.com/2019/06/01edito

I suppose we could just send up a white flag and isolate ourselves until some country steps up to rule over us by force. Listening to democrats tells us America has never been that great anyway there's nothing really worth protecting, I suppose !!! Democrats open border stance to replace citizens that won't vote for them is consistent with reasons not to defend ourselves or anyone else who is threated with violence.
Yes, I suppose we can just give up and throw the last 200 plus years on the trash heap and admit the experiment was a failure. I suppose...….. or we could fight for our way of life against those who would defeat and enslave us !!! Now there is a novel concept !!!

Old 06-13-2019, 03:20 PM

3,930 posts, read 2,099,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
I suppose we could just send up a white flag and isolate ourselves until some country steps up to rule over us by force. Listening to democrats tells us America has never been that great anyway there's nothing really worth protecting, I suppose !!! Democrats open border stance to replace citizens that won't vote for them is consistent with reasons not to defend ourselves or anyone else who is threated with violence.
Yes, I suppose we can just give up and throw the last 200 plus years on the trash heap and admit the experiment was a failure. I suppose...….. or we could fight for our way of life against those who would defeat and enslave us !!! Now there is a novel concept !!!
Hmm this isn’t a Democrat or Republican BS. We have been at war in the Middle East in both parties administration so let’s stop there.

I have no problem going to war when we have to. But too many times we have been proxy’s for others let’s take a look back and ask what have we gained?

So before we go in let’s make sure we have to and it’s in the interest of our country, no one else’s

Old 06-13-2019, 04:32 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Hmm this isn’t a Democrat or Republican BS. We have been at war in the Middle East in both parties administration so let’s stop there.
Address the OP with that !!!
Trump was mentioned twice in post #1 and the meaning was clear !!!
I have no doubt the democrats want Trump to go to war so they could beat him up for it 24/7 and the democrat press would do just that !!!

Quote:
I have no problem going to war when we have to. But too many times we have been proxy’s for others let’s take a look back and ask what have we gained?

So before we go in let’s make sure we have to and it’s in the interest of our country, no one else’s
If you don't have a problem going to war when we have to then you have no beef with what I said !!!

We have a State Dept. and Pompeo seems to have a handle on what's going on !!!

No one seems to be rushing into any war or turning a blind eye to aggression either. Major international sea lanes need to be kept open and ally's are being consulted. Diplomacy is taking place and its being brought to the International Security Council !!!
The only people rushing to judgement are implying Trump is wanting to go to war b/c he just wants too !!!
The same old worn out TDS crap that's been going on for 3 years !!!

Old 06-13-2019, 04:37 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

Trump hasn't started a "War of Choice" like Bill Clinton, GH Bush, GW Bush and the 4 that Obama started.

Old 06-13-2019, 04:49 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,629,813 times
I've been saying this for a while now but with Bolton on board there is no doubt that he will seek a way to start a war with Iran even if the US has to secretly bomb oil tankers in the Gulf.

Old 06-13-2019, 07:19 PM

7,168 posts, read 5,368,672 times
Trump really surrounded himself with war hawks, here is some VP Pence :

Quote:
He said “It is a virtual certainty that you will fight on a battlefield for America at some point in your life. You will lead soldiers in combat. It will happen. Some of you will join the fight against radical Islamic terrorists in Afghanistan and Iraq. Some of you will join the fight on the Korean Peninsula and in the Indo-Pacific, where North Korea continues to threaten the peace, and an increasingly militarized China challenges our presence in the region. Some of you will join the fight in Europe, where an aggressive Russia seeks to redraw international boundaries by force. And some of you may even be called upon to serve in this hemisphere. And when that day comes, I know you will move to the sound of the guns and do your duty, and you will fight, and you will win. The American people expect nothing less. So, wherever you’re called, I urge you to take what you learned here and put it into practice. Put your armor on, so that when — not if — that day comes, you’ll be able to stand your ground.”
The Ron Paul Institute for Peace and Prosperity : Pence Goes to War: America Will Be Fighting Forever

Old 06-13-2019, 07:23 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,631,426 times
Lets talk when Trump begins using our military against Iran.

I oppose war be it Trump's hypothetical war or all Obama's wars.

Old 06-13-2019, 07:27 PM

2,923 posts, read 979,011 times
I do not support war with Iran at all. But if you are being honest both sides have been threatening each other.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies