Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Won the Debate on 6/27/19?
Michael Bennet 1 1.16%
Joe Biden 3 3.49%
Pete Buttigieg 19 22.09%
Kirsten Gillibrand 0 0%
Kamala Harris 42 48.84%
John Hickenlooper 1 1.16%
Bernie Sanders 3 3.49%
Eric Swalwell 2 2.33%
Marianne Williamson 9 10.47%
Andrew Yang 6 6.98%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2019, 07:35 AM

6,633 posts, read 4,317,799 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
There are many willfully ignorant people who voted for Trump...even with tears in their eyes. (That’s hilarious, by the way.)

There are many willfully ignorant people who still defend him and his despicable behavior—his past and present behavior.

“Tears in our eyes...” Too funny! I’ll be laughing at that one for a while.

Back on topic, Kamala’s post-debate bump (+9) is proof she killed it during the debate. Like many others, we are eager to see her eviscerate Trump on the debate stage.

New Harris/Hill poll out taken after debate has Biden leading Harris: Biden 33% Sanders 15% Harris 11%. Looks like the Biden attack didn't help her that much. Part of the polling was taken a day after the CNN poll.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2019, 07:49 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,100,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We had to deal with her as AG. No thanks. Sleazy and sleeps with anyone. I guess that does match the description of a politician.
I think that meets presidential standards now a days.

Old 07-02-2019, 07:53 AM

2,516 posts, read 1,699,164 times
TRUMP will win

Old 07-02-2019, 08:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,821,377 times
Quote:
There are many willfully ignorant people who voted for Trump...even with tears in their eyes. (That’s hilarious, by the way.)

There are many willfully ignorant people who still defend him and his despicable behavior—his past and present behavior.

Back on topic, Kamala’s post-debate bump (+9) is proof she killed it during the debate. Like many others, we are eager to see her eviscerate Trump on the debate stage.
ofg sake: no one is saying she did not win the debate, if you can call it that. This is a no brainer, even for those who are willfully or otherwise ignorant. No one is defending his behavior as far as some of what he had and hasn't said, but this does not take away, he has done a lot of good things either. You do not have to like him, you can be fine with your overly liberal views as we live in a wonderful free country and are free to say what we want or how we feel. Will she do well debating him if she gets the nomination? We will see. Will she be our next president, that is something that is way to early to predict with any certainty. There are too many what ifs involved.

Yes, many did vote with teams in their eyes at the choices we had or if not teams, holding our nose. Of course I am only saying this tongue in cheek. Maybe you do not know how to take a statement lightly. I think most posting here know very well what I meant.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:38 AM

856 posts, read 705,560 times
Some of Senator Harris's baggage has been discussed here and I won't repeat what has already been said. I would add that her record as DA hurts her with black voters and progressives, and her lack of being likable, well see Hillary Clinton 2016.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:49 AM

5,284 posts, read 6,221,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Harris?
There are other who would be a better President. In fact, Trump would rip her up in a debate. The subject of sanctuary cities and open borders will come up and she has no answers.
She ambushed Biden, that's all. Long way to go.

I'm typically a Dem and I immediately thought of five things Trump would have said to lay her out... Sanctuary cities did not even make the list. I actually think she is the best match-up he could draw. That does not mean I doubt her intelligence or skill- simply that I think he has a couple of winning comparisons to make with her in a way he does not with the other prospective candidates.

Old 07-02-2019, 08:58 AM

8,886 posts, read 4,592,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
I think that meets presidential standards now a days.
Absolutely, thanks to Bill Clinton.

Here, have another cigar.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:02 AM

34,244 posts, read 18,607,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
Absolutely, thanks to Bill Clinton.

Here, have another cigar.
They conveniently forget things that Democrats do WHILE IN OFFICE or as active candidates.

Bill Clinton
John Edwards
Ted Kennedy
Gary Hart

To name a few.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:06 AM

18,983 posts, read 32,686,129 times
Quote:

I'd rather see someone beat Trump on election night rather than a debate stage, I think that's a bit more important no? Clinton arguably won those debates too, still lost. Debates don't necessarily win elections, people don't care about those as much as you might think. Maybe focus on winning votes in swing states which is going to be very hard with a Bay Area liberal on the ticket.

Old 07-02-2019, 09:06 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,836,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njforlife92 View Post
Some of Senator Harris's baggage has been discussed here and I won't repeat what has already been said. I would add that her record as DA hurts her with black voters and progressives, and her lack of being likable, well see Hillary Clinton 2016.

Eh, I think she's way more likeable than Hillary Clinton.

I think many of the posters here overlook the fact that the exchange she had with Biden was targeted specifically for black voters in SC. She is looking to gain black voter support.

Since the debates, many of the black men that I know actually have been giving her another look. Her so-called "record" and baggage as DA honestly isn't what the media tries to make it out to be in regards to her "jailing black men." This is the main gripes one hears from black men about her - that and she's married to a white man. Often black men have a bigger issue with black women being with white men than black women have on the reverse of them being with white women. I've had black men tell me personally that it is like she is sleeping with their oppressor and working against black men in particular - so they take it very personally (it is very weird/strange IMO the obsession some black men have with BW/WM relationships especially when most of them who have these strong opinions either have dated or are currently with white women that I know lol - personally I think they are just sexist and don't trust women in power).

I've always liked Kamala, but I don't know about her prospects in the democratic field - I do feel she could beat Trump, but also feel that her being a black woman would draw out the racist/sexist folks to vote against her moreso than a white Democratic candidate. I would prefer her to Warren though. Warren has more unlike-ability problems than Harris IMO. I'd also prefer her to Biden - he is way too old IMO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies