Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2019, 11:09 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,177,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I think you guys give Dems way too much credits. This is yet another lame ass strategy to divide the country.

I doubt they REALLY want the AA community to receive their reparations. The worst case scenario, "Here is some money, (perhaps very little amount for a very small group of people) and stop complaining."
Doubt it too...just not opposed to it. It would have been done a long time ago if reparations were intended. Those in power wanted free labor and then the ability to underpay and abuse without repercussion. They ensured that they got it and caused havoc doing so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2019, 11:10 PM

39,874 posts, read 26,514,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dozerbear View Post
It doesn't look like you're wrong, Toyman. Apparently everyone in the democrat party clown car is against the second amendment.
https://newstarget.com/2019-03-05-ev...amendment.html

I wonder if they will even let pro second amendment people in the modern democrat party?
Sometimes I wonder if they will let anyone with a brain in the modern Democratic party. The far left has pretty much taken control, the support Democrats used to have for this country, for working people, for American businesses, has disappeared in the last 2 decades. Or at least been overshadowed by the "free chit", hate on America drones.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
My parents both went to segregated schools and were not afforded the same opportunities as the white kids on the other side of the railroad tracks.

you talk about Slavery as if its repercussions didnt exist well into the 1970s and 80's and residual affects arent still there today.
That is shameful. The nation definitely lacks a moral compass and one day will fail because of it. God sees all.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:14 PM

4,514 posts, read 2,524,730 times
I think everyone should do an ancestry search on ancestry.com and if you can prove your family didn't own slaves, you don't pay a dime. If your ancestors weren't slaves you don't get a dime.
Of course that would mean that people pay for "the sins of their father". Which the dems tell us we can't do in instances of DACA. So which is it???
If they think we should pay reparations, then ALL DACA and Dreamer peopke get deported. Father's sins, and all that...

Old 06-21-2019, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hrw-500 View Post
I don't know if Salon is still trustable and credible, after a controversy they got a couple of years ago. City-Data have some threads about it. //www.city-data.com/forum/polit...supporter.html
//www.city-data.com/forum/curre...edophilia.html

But that's a topic for another thread. Back to reparations, should we go even further back in time, to ancient Egypt as mentionned in some memes like this one or this one for example?
Doesn’t change that fact that the white middle class was largely established by welfare. See the other article for reference.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:28 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Reparations were already given.

40 acres and a mule.

Old 06-21-2019, 11:48 PM

8,886 posts, read 4,583,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Doesn’t change that fact that the white middle class was largely established by welfare. See the other article for reference.
While I find this statement to be totally incorrect (my grandparents never got a dime, let alone a free house), if it were true, why hasn't massive welfare $$$ given to blacks made them middle class?

Your own statement is a condemnation of the black community

Old 06-22-2019, 12:10 AM

14,232 posts, read 4,596,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
LOLOL...my parents were poor in their home country so nope. We came from nothing and achieved the American Dream.
My parents were wealthy in their home country though, but they came to America with only clothes on their backs all thanks to American hegemony and involvement in the war.

Where is my reparations?

Old 06-22-2019, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
My parents were wealthy in their home country though, but they came to America with only clothes on their backs all thanks to American hegemony and involvement in the war.

Where is my reparations?
African-Americans were enslaved in the U.S. and endured Jim Crow after. It wasn’t just one generation but over hundreds of years. In fact, over almost all of American history. At least you can even point to a home country, language etc. All of that was destroyed for African-Americans.

Surely make your claim after African-Americans and Native Americans though.

Old 06-22-2019, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye77 View Post
While I find this statement to be totally incorrect (my grandparents never got a dime, let alone a free house), if it were true, why hasn't massive welfare $$$ given to blacks made them middle class?

Your own statement is a condemnation of the black community
Massive welfare was given to whites over decades while blacks were barely eligible. Whites received far more welfare than blacks ever have. The condemnation of the black community is in your own mind. Deny it all you want but the white middle class was largely established from welfare.

Whites, angered at blacks and immigrants receiving “government handouts,” forget they were lifted out of poverty through racially exclusive welfare programs in the 30s.”
How Today’s White Middle Class Was Made Possible By Welfare - In These Times
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies