Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2019, 07:32 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,876,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Retired View Post
My opinion:
How about giving the Don cudos for being the first American President to have
the cahones to set foot in this ruthless country. This kind of thinking makes me worry
Really, how much courage did it take on the world stage surrounded by cameras and the SS? Wow, what a courageous guy.

No one will ever dispute that Trump is the consummate media ***** who excels at staging photo ops and playing the media. I'll give him "cudos" for that. Which is all this was.

You guys are so easily impressed by a superficial con man. That kind of thinking worries me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2019, 07:32 AM

52,697 posts, read 34,572,254 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
The Democrats are now ON RECORD as being ANTI AMERICAN and Pro Illegal Alien. They have put Illegal Aliens (foreigners) above American Citizens and want to steal from U.S. citizens to give to Illegals in order to get votes. Free healthcare, free college, and the next will be stipends (universal basic income) for illegals to come here. It is sick and twisted.

In addition, the fact they are critical of Trump for trying to bring peace to the Korean Peninsula speaks volumes. The Democrats are anti Peace, and therefore must be pro nuclear war.
we all know where their loyalties lie.

Old 07-01-2019, 07:33 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,565,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
HAHAHAHA, that’s great!

Old 07-01-2019, 07:37 AM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 9 days ago)

35,635 posts, read 17,982,736 times
This is a question for posters who are both well-versed in American flag etiquette and the Christian Bible.

Can anyone make the case that our treatment of our flag is NOT idol worship strictly forbidden in the Old Testament?

Old 07-01-2019, 07:49 AM

27,655 posts, read 16,142,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
my money is on someone claiming it represents ‘hatred’ first.
You’re probably right. As in ‘its non inclusive and doesnt represent All americans’ Yeah, I can see that in the near future. It wont be long,

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.436f6681716c

Quote:
Does America’s first flag symbolize ‘exclusion and hate,

Old 07-01-2019, 07:57 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
Really op. Your bigger outrage should be is how Trump have given this dictator complete legitimacy.
Oh stop!
Trump has been clear that he is trying to build TRUST first and a more stable relationship with Kim before they can accomplish any long- lasting complicated deals. He is constantly encouraging Kim of all the economic opportunities that would open up to him and his country if he gives up his nuclear policies.
No American President has even tried to do this before.

Please, tell us your party’s NK strategy.........

Old 07-01-2019, 07:58 AM

30,065 posts, read 18,674,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Anyone watch some news coverage of Trump's meeting with the NK leader? There were a row of flags behind them-a mix of US and NK ones. I couldn't help but notice that there were more American flags there than at the Democratic presidential primary debates last week.

Not surprising- the average North Korean is more pro-American than democrats.

Old 07-01-2019, 08:00 AM

12,041 posts, read 6,574,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Really, how much courage did it take on the world stage surrounded by cameras and the SS? Wow, what a courageous guy.

No one will ever dispute that Trump is the consummate media ***** who excels at staging photo ops and playing the media. I'll give him "cudos" for that. Which is all this was.

You guys are so easily impressed by a superficial con man. That kind of thinking worries me.
Really??
Read my above post #26 on Trump’s reasoning and strategy, and tell me what your party’s NK strategy is......

Old 07-01-2019, 09:09 AM

46,963 posts, read 26,005,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
A carefully contrived superficial display impresses you, does it?
These are the people who went nuts when then-candidate Obama didn't wear a flag pin 24/7. Superficial displays is their thing.

Old 07-01-2019, 09:18 AM

23,991 posts, read 15,091,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I agree. Once "they" run out of things to be outraged and offended by they will turn to the Flag.

I wish they would stop now and have a long look in the mirror and realize they are the offenders.

As for our flag standing next to the one of North Korea I don't really agree because they are not an ally BUT Trump is trying to open a dialog with Kim Jong and something is better than nothing.

Our Flag represents America its power and greatness and it should not be a source of embaressment and apology yet the Dems think it is.
This is only your opinion.

Read the flag code. It will inform you when it it time to be outraged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies