Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2019, 08:48 AM

34,232 posts, read 18,584,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
It was good optics for Trump and smart to insert himself into the celebration. And people who really hate him (unlike those like myself who simply do not care for him) seem to be fuming over this fact.

You look much better either saying nothing or at least acknowledge the day went well. Trying to turn it into a negative hints at desperation.
I was never a Trump fan and voted for Ted Cruz in the primary, but once Trump became the nominee are started really listening to what he was saying, and it just about all made sense. I am often not a fan of his personality, but he is getting positive results, and days like yesterday where he said ALL the right things makes be glad he is the President, and not Hillary.

The Left can not ever say anything positive, or even neutral about him as they, like spoiled little children, never got over Hillary's LOSS.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:55 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I was never a Trump fan and voted for Ted Cruz in the primary, but once Trump became the nominee are started really listening to what he was saying, and it just about all made sense. I am often not a fan of his personality, but he is getting positive results, and days like yesterday where he said ALL the right things makes be glad he is the President, and not Hillary.

The Left can not ever say anything positive, or even neutral about him as they, like spoiled little children, never got over Hillary's LOSS.
And the best part is,the American voter will not forget the nasty, hateful things they have said and done over the last 3 years.

Old 07-05-2019, 08:58 AM

1,768 posts, read 568,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueMom View Post
Yes and a mixture of ages, races, disabilities, all kinds of people happily and joyously celebrating together the greatness of America and the July 4th Holiday. They can't fathom it.
Really? "They" - by which I assume you mean the demon rat leftists who hate everything and especially you, can't fathom the 4th of July holiday?

Now sit down, because I'm going to tell you something that might shock you. Are you ready?

This is not the first year the 4th of July was celebrated as a holiday.

I know, I know. We all think Supreme Leader Trump invented the concepts of America, Freedom, and celebration but actually, if you look it up, people have been celebrating on July 4th for like, hundreds of years. I know! Even before His Holiness was even born. (Although we all know that our lord and savior Trump is timeless, ageless, and has always been with us, inside us, knew us even before we existed. But like, before his current earthly incarnation came into being).

I, too, was shocked. Apparently even in my own town they shoot off fireworks in the first week of July. I mean, I'd seen them before, they go off right across the street. But I had always assumed it was some sort of colorful industrial accident that coincidentally happened around the same time every year. But it's not! It's a purposeful celebration.

And THIS is going to blow your mind - these celebrations? Happen, like, all over the country. In multiple cities. You can even - and this will really rock you world - you can BUY fireworks to set off YOURSELF.

It's bananas.

Old 07-05-2019, 09:04 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,055,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
How many threads have City-Data had on the Trump Campaign Rally tonight and how horrible it would be? Hard to even count them -- they have been posted for weeks.

The Network stations refuse to televise it. Cable News MSNBC refused to televise it, PBS refused to televise it ......... AND there are no Threads about the Speech itself.

I wonder why that is ........ Best Guess, if they can pretend it NEVER happened, then it Never Happened. How insane is that? Pretty Darn Insane.

There was NO Trump Rally. It was a pure America Celebration.

The Leftists Boycotted the one person who Celebtated American Greatness on our 234fth Birthday and reminded the American People of our tremendous accomplishments, while honoring not just the Military that has been willing to give their Lives for our Freedoms, but also the regular Normal People who have worked long and hard because they LOVE this Country and what it represents to all who love it.

Not a “Trump Rally” ... the Leftists Lied about that. an American Salute to the greatest experiment/experience the world has ever known. The Leftists should hang their heads in shame .... but they won’t of course.

Happy Birthday USA !!!
Thank you for an exceptional and accurate post!!! (it won't let me rep you again)

Old 07-05-2019, 09:09 AM

10,093 posts, read 6,436,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Just saw some additional pictures. Yuge turnout at the mall despite the rain. Great show Trump!
There's always a Yuge turnout in DC for the 4th of July celebration. It really had nothing to do with Trump.

Old 07-05-2019, 09:10 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,693,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

I've detested Trump for decades. I heard about him stiffing contractors in 1989. I heard a blow by blow account of how he humiliated Ivana with Marla Maples, from an employee. I didn't watch his TV show. He's just a poor excuse for a human being.

He told about civil rights? That's rich, since he and his father, Fred were hauled in for refusing to rent to black people.

Old 07-05-2019, 09:18 AM

45,582 posts, read 27,196,139 times
"Stupid freak-outs" is very accurate...

Trump made his critics look small during his ‘Salute to America’

The “Resistance” warned us that if we elected an authoritarian such as Donald Trump, eventually there would be tanks in the streets of our nation’s capital. Well, on Thursday, their predictions finally came true.

Of all the stupid freak-outs we have experienced since Trump was elected, the hyperventilation over his Fourth of July address and celebration on the Mall may be the stupidest.

His critics called his decision to insert himself into the Independence Day celebrations virtually unprecedented. Sorry, but Trump is not the first U.S. president to give a major speech on the Fourth of July. Harry S. Truman once delivered an Independence Day address in front of the Washington monument. Presidents Woodrow Wilson, John F. Kennedy, Gerald Ford, Bill Clinton and George W. Bush all gave Fourth of July addresses from Independence Hall in Philadelphia. And, in 1986, Ronald Reagan delivered a Fourth of July address from the deck of an aircraft carrier, the USS John F. Kennedy, strategically placed in front of the Statue of Liberty.

Old 07-05-2019, 09:35 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
This is very, very funny.

“Trump, becoming the first US president to make a 4 July address in almost 70 years, stuck to his script for once. It’s just that the script was mostly wrong.”

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...dependence-day

Old 07-05-2019, 09:36 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,706,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmccormick71 View Post
Really? "They" - by which I assume you mean the demon rat leftists who hate everything and especially you, can't fathom the 4th of July holiday?

Now sit down, because I'm going to tell you something that might shock you. Are you ready?

This is not the first year the 4th of July was celebrated as a holiday.

I know, I know. We all think Supreme Leader Trump invented the concepts of America, Freedom, and celebration but actually, if you look it up, people have been celebrating on July 4th for like, hundreds of years. I know! Even before His Holiness was even born. (Although we all know that our lord and savior Trump is timeless, ageless, and has always been with us, inside us, knew us even before we existed. But like, before his current earthly incarnation came into being).

I, too, was shocked. Apparently even in my own town they shoot off fireworks in the first week of July. I mean, I'd seen them before, they go off right across the street. But I had always assumed it was some sort of colorful industrial accident that coincidentally happened around the same time every year. But it's not! It's a purposeful celebration.

And THIS is going to blow your mind - these celebrations? Happen, like, all over the country. In multiple cities. You can even - and this will really rock you world - you can BUY fireworks to set off YOURSELF.

It's bananas.
Bravo!

Old 07-05-2019, 09:37 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
And the best part is,the American voter will not forget the nasty, hateful things they have said and done over the last 3 years.
What about he nasty things Tump and his supporters have said? You think anyone is going to forget that?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies