Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-07-2019, 02:50 PM

2,448 posts, read 895,257 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
That action doesn't seem indicative of a lack of respect.

I would tell my sons and all young single guys that if a young lady misconstrues a mannerly act as an attack on her capabilities, the chances of ever finding happiness with that person are slim to none. If a woman has an axe to grind over pulling out her chair, imagine what's going to happen if you leave the toilet seat up. LOL.
Sound advice. Unsurprisingly, women who think and act like this usually end up alone and unhappy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2019, 02:53 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
That action doesn't seem indicative of a lack of respect.

I would tell my sons and all young single guys that if a young lady misconstrues a mannerly act as an attack on her capabilities, the chances of ever finding happiness with that person are slim to none. If a woman has an axe to grind over pulling out her chair, imagine what's going to happen if you leave the toilet seat up. LOL.
I won't make a big deal out of it if someone pulls my chair out for me. I mean, it's nice, it just... isn't necessary. It's silly imo. You, unsurprisingly, equate me questioning why it's so respectful and necessary with me being angry about it and being an unhappy person. Maybe don't do that.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:54 PM

12,883 posts, read 14,001,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chiociolliscalves View Post
I thought you weren't going to bother with me?

Frankly, you're very boring, most of all because you don't know how to argue.
Quote:
Sound advice. Unsurprisingly, women who think and act like this usually end up alone and unhappy.
You're showing your true colors more and more. Please, don't stop posting.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:56 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Quote:
Yeah... who sounds alone and unhappy.

Old 07-07-2019, 02:59 PM

11,163 posts, read 7,974,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Msgenerse View Post
Just think about it, if there is a natural disaster, shooting etc. even if men are killed, the news always wants to talk about how many women and children were killed. While sure it's tragic, in no way is grown adult women being killed anywhere near as tragic as little kids being killed, yet the news and the like lumps them in the same category, thereby saying grown adult women are on the same level as little kids, basically infantilizing them, does anyone else see how wrong this is?
“Another Saturday night and I ain’t got nobody, I got some money cause I just got paid.”
So... I guess I’ll just start a thread bashing women .... for something that my gender is culpable for.

Old 07-07-2019, 04:11 PM

9,196 posts, read 7,238,153 times
Quote:
The two aren't mutually exclusive, as you know, and as you also know, faculty searches are conducted with precisely the goals I described. Some profs will explicitly acknowledge this and I give them credit for their honesty.
No, I don’t know. Can you provide objective examples/supporting evidence?

Old 07-07-2019, 04:21 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,057,756 times
Quote:
Just think about it, if there is a natural disaster, shooting etc. even if men are killed, the news always wants to talk about how many women and children were killed. While sure it's tragic, in no way is grown adult women being killed anywhere near as tragic as little kids being killed, yet the news and the like lumps them in the same category, thereby saying grown adult women are on the same level as little kids, basically infantilizing them, does anyone else see how wrong this is?

I don't know if it's wrong or not. I think it's a normal reaction though and I don't call it infantilizing, I call it having a guilty conscience on the parts of both adult men and women.

Most women and pretty much all children have not been taught the necessary survival skills and fighting instincts required to be able to effectively fight back against disasters to save themselves. Any kind of disasters. And most women don't have the interest in learning about it either, the way it is in the nature of men to be more inclined to do so. So, try as they might to fight back in their own way when there's actually a disaster happening, both women and children are at more of a disadvantage and at greater risk than men are because they usually don't know what or how to deal with it the right way.

Plus there's the added disadvantage of them being smaller in size than the majority of men and not having the physical strength and knowledge of physics usually required to physically deal with disasters and their aftermaths. So they're still at greater risk of being killed anyway even if they may have big, strong knowledgeable men standing alongside them trying protect and help them. That is something for both men and women to have a guilty conscience about and the news people/social media knows that and places that guilt directly onto the shoulders of everyone.

I think if grown up adult women don't want to be infantilized and put in the same category as helpless children during disasters then it's the women's responsibility to take more interest and education upon themselves about disastrous things ahead of time, before the disasters happen, so they know how to react and what to do properly when the disasters do happen. And then they should teach it to their children as a matter of course.

Old 07-07-2019, 04:30 PM

15,984 posts, read 7,044,200 times
Male on male violence can cause men to think being a woman is safer, and thus gender dysphoria.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:24 PM

22,665 posts, read 24,619,009 times
It's really not that bad when horrible stuff happens to men, that is the vibe I get from the way many things are covered.

Old 07-07-2019, 07:34 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Quote:
Just think about it, if there is a natural disaster, shooting etc. even if men are killed, the news always wants to talk about how many women and children were killed. While sure it's tragic, in no way is grown adult women e struggling with a heavy piece of being killed anywhere near as tragic as little kids being killed, yet the news and the like lumps them in the same category, thereby saying grown adult women are on the same level as little kids, basically infantilizing them, does anyone else see how wrong this is?
Back in my Navy days, I was TDY on the Abraham Lincoln who had female crew. As I was descending from the bridge level, I came across a female crew member struggling with a heavy piece of damage control gear. I saw a shipmate needing help. The crew member claimed she could anything a man can do. I said haul it yourself. She infantilized herself. With stupidity.

The history has always been the female needs protecting. Thus the news that women and children may be harmed sensationalizes the bad event.

So I submit, the press to sensationalize the event claims, unknowingly, that the protected class was harmed. So why aren’t the feminazis upset that the impression is they can’t take care of themselves as reported by the press?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies