Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2019, 05:01 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,527,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
Ilhan Omar wasn't born in the US
If he was only talking about Omar, you might have a point....but he wasn't, and the other three were born in the United States.

And with the back and forth that has gone on between Trump and 'The Squad' since the 7/14 Tweet, it would be ridiculous to assert he was talking about anyone else.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:02 PM

30,065 posts, read 18,670,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
Once again the usual Democrats are up to their usual tactics, misquoting the President, concentrating on minor quibbles, ignoring the important parts, twisting what he said into something else, and the bashing him for that instead of the main point he was making.

These people need some new tactics. These haven't worked for them for a long time. And the more they try it, the more people learn to ignore them, and the farther behind they fall.

It's instructive to look at what the President DID say... all of it, for a change.

On July 14, 2019, President Trump said in a series of tweets:

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......
....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....
....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough.

Obviously, he wasn't kicking them out of the country, or even implying it, contrary to what the Dem fanatics are now frantically screaming.

He was saying that, if they wanted to tell the rest of us how to "fix" the United States' problems, they should first go to the corrupt, failing countries they favor, fix the far more severe problems there, and then come back to the US and tell us how they did it.

He was implying, obviously, that these congressmen couldn't tell a severe problem if it bit them, much less have any idea how to fix it. And he was suggesting that they get some experience in solving ACTUAL severe problems, before telling others how to do it.

The congressmen, of course, absolutely do not want to discuss any of that. So they are seizing on his mistake where he said "who originally came from countries...", as though that were the most important thing he said.

They clearly want to divert the discussion from the most important points: That they have little or no idea what they are talking about and merely want to run down the United States, while offering no solutions and being unwilling to even try. Instead, they keep screaming and whining that he wants to throw them out, wants to throw colored people out, etc. etc..... none of which he ever said or even implied.

But it beats talking about what he did say.... and the fact that they cannot reply to it.

It's a standard Democrat-fanatic technique to ignore most of what someone says, pick out an unimportant quibble, and concentrate all their attention and vitriol on that, trying to put people on the defensive over minor matters so they won't talk about the main points that are actually important.

And they are doing it more and more, as they continue to lose their voter base and Trump moves closer to re-election despite their loudest and most hysterical efforts.

Trump played these triggered, over sensitized morons perfectly. The dem party looks completely dysfunctional and has completely lost its mission.

Someone should remind the dems that the business of the House is legislation for the nation, not obsessing over Trump. They are so insane that they cannot help themselves and that is all they think of.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:02 PM

6,574 posts, read 6,742,238 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Why, the left is so used to just saying it, why not? Don't like your own medicine?

Does Kavanaugh ring a bell?

I don't know whem I don't know where, I don't know how I got there, I don't know how I got home....etc....

The Left response.....SHE IS TELLING TELLING THE TRUTH....SHE SHALL BE BELIEVED.....

Guilty until proven innocent!
Yup...the political double-standard is so ingrained with these people that they don't even see it right in front of their faces.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:04 PM

7,420 posts, read 2,709,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
...you don't realize that was a joke...do you?
Nope. IT was not a joke, unfortunately!

Old 07-16-2019, 05:06 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
I'm talking about people that bring up racism every chance they get and feel slighted at every Aunt Jemima Syrup bottle, Uncle Bens rice, every statue, every flag, every building, every car bumper sticker that they deem offensive and every moment of their life is consumed with racism. Give it a break.
If you don't have a racist bone in your body, this wouldn't be an issue with you.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Rep. Omar does come from somewhere else, so let's not pretend she doesn't, just so you can pretend someone is a racist.
But the other three didn't come from somewhere else, so no one needs to pretend that what someone said is racist.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:08 PM

8,411 posts, read 7,422,948 times
Good for Congress for voting to condemn this racist, bigoted, corrupt clown of a president. Individual 1 is racist.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
EVERYTHING he says is racist when it comes to the left.. It’s one of the many TDS symptoms; hear things that isn’t there.
Except not everyone who thinks his 7/14 Tweet was racist hates him, is 'on the left', and/or has TDS.

Everything isn't 'Us vs. Them'.

Old 07-16-2019, 05:15 PM

9,897 posts, read 3,429,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
If you don't have a racist bone in your body, this wouldn't be an issue with you.
Lol, is that how it works? Denial is confession?

Old 07-16-2019, 05:16 PM

11,974 posts, read 25,480,204 times
Based on things he's said in the past I do believe Trump - at least sub consciously - associates being American with being White. He can see 'good people' supporting confederate statues but all (Black) NFL players who kneel are 'sons of a b---'.

But I do see ironies in people with recent immigrant roots who completely ignore the problems of their own heritage but want every problem of the USA or West in general under the microscope. I'm not saying they shouldn't have an opinion just that it's odd for someone coming from a nation that allows gays to be murdered and women honor killed for getting raped. I'd omit AOC in this because she was born a citizen in a US territory and PR shares US legal system. Omar deliberately defrauded immigration officials with a sham marriage. I follow Omar (and many others) on Twitter and she does sometime take tough stands on human rights in Saudi Arabia (Google aiding men track their wives movements) or China that I appreciate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies