Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2019, 06:29 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Hardly any need since it's well known that Liberals and Hippies are the source of the Organic Food movement. Heck, I was involved myself and some of my friends are big time in it.

Put it this way - the Big Ag in Florida that is polluting the state and using illegal labor isn't organic. In fact, the tomatoes and strawberries aren't even red...they put them in special rooms and use a gas on them to make them turn red.

That's "conservative" produce and I don't buy much of it....

Old 07-14-2019, 06:31 PM

7,480 posts, read 6,262,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canes2006Champs View Post
As long as no one accuses cigars as being racist/sexist/white supremacy/privilege then all is well.

Because I enjoy smoking a good cigar and you should too, regardless of your race or gender!
“Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar”

Old 07-14-2019, 06:41 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
From the article:

Does this sound like it's referring to only two people?
No, but that seems to be a throwaway in an article about two people in Bloomington, IN. No specifics were given at all and I question the validity of it.

Instead of jumping on the 'farmers markets are racist', you should be questioning the writer. Why not cite instances where this has happened outside of Bloomington? I'll bet there aren't any.

Old 07-14-2019, 06:58 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
99% (maybe more) of what the Amish sell in the market we go to is just from the standard food distribution places.......but that's in Florida.

We shop there anyway - good prices and good people watching. Beats Whole Paycheck by a lot.

But many here may not like the fact that they often don't speak english. Bad Bad Amish. This is American - we speak English here.
All of it we buy is raised here.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:18 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
No, but that seems to be a throwaway in an article about two people in Bloomington, IN. No specifics were given at all and I question the validity of it.

Instead of jumping on the 'farmers markets are racist', you should be questioning the writer. Why not cite instances where this has happened outside of Bloomington? I'll bet there aren't any.
More from the article.
Quote:
Last summer, Chicago’s Logan Square farmers’ market became a hotbed for far-right recruitment, after multiple white supremacists groups were caught posting their flyers. Locals caught a man passing out Identity Evropa flyers at the market, in a bid to recruit neighbors there, Book Club Chicago reported. Patriot Front, a violent squad that spun off of the neo-Nazi group Charlottesville murderer James Fields marched with, also flyered Logan Square.
A third set of flyers with a white supremacist meme also cropped up around the market at the same time, prompting a counter-flyering campaign by local leftists who put up signs warning of white supremacists in the area.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:32 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,761,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Did you folks read the article????? They're targeting TWO people who sell at that farmer's market - who support white supremacy.

Read it, please.
I did read it. It claims there is a worldwide trend of fascists and white supremacists selling stuff at farmers' markets.
Quote:
The farmers’ market face-off isn’t not the first of its kind. From Chicago to Sweden, farmers’ markets have become a surprising battleground between the far right and its opponents. The far right’s love of the markets plays into a larger fascist talking point that idealizes pastoral life and demonizes “degenerate” urban living. The contrast attempts to cast white supremacy as a purer alternative...

The phenomenon is international. Speaking to the New York Times about neo-Nazi recruitment in Sweden last year, scholar Helene Loow said Nordic Nazis make organic eating a cornerstone of their ideology..

In other farmers’ markets across the country, those violent implications are more open. A butcher stall that recently rotated through farmers’ markets outside D.C. lists its principal agent as a metal musician who has performed in front of swastikas.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:33 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,615,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
More from the article.
Again, how does that make farmers markets a hot bed of white supremacy? A couple in Bloomington and ONE nut in liberal Chicago does not a hot bed make.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:36 PM

25,848 posts, read 16,532,741 times
Hmongs are great farmers. It used to be all white farmers selling at the markets but now it’s probably 40% SE Asian (mostly Hmong) The best immigrants this country has seen in 100 years.

Last edited by PullMyFinger; 07-14-2019 at 08:25 PM..

Old 07-14-2019, 07:42 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,231,401 times
Quote:
Righties want to use all the "liberal" innovation like farmers markets, high tech stuff, etc. to spread their messages of hate - FREE.

One wonders why they can't use their old methods....like horseback or something. Maybe it's the obesity crisis?
No way, lol. Tech wasn't invented in the 90s. Farmers markets have been around for thousands of years. Lefties steal ideas and take ownership of them, supported by elites. Like Algore invented the internet.

Old 07-14-2019, 07:46 PM

17,916 posts, read 24,361,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Racism [ra sizem]
VERBage
Antiquated buzzword the left irresponsibly wore out years ago.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eumaois View Post
Seriously, Leftists are getting so desperate that they basically try to find any thing possible to use the race card one!
While the notion that White Supremacists are taking over farmer's markets is hyperbolic fearmongering, I fail to see how Dye and Mackey, the Identity Evropa members who are the subject of this article, are not racists with a racist agenda and a connection to anti-Semitic acts carried out in their community.

The only thing more worn out than the race card is self admitted neo-Nazis claiming they are somehow not racist.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies