Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2019, 08:53 PM

73,138 posts, read 62,801,778 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Well, I still consider myself a moderate, but I will confess that the extreme liberals are pushing me farther and farther to the right!
The extreme liberals, I don't like what many of them are doing. The shenanigans from the far left have not made me want to support the far right. I fear the far right too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2019, 09:32 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,393,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
The extreme liberals, I don't like what many of them are doing. The shenanigans from the far left have not made me want to support the far right. I fear the far right too.
The far-right in this country has no power and is not a part of the power structure. The GOP is right where it has been since it's founding in the 1850s. That is, with emphasis on the sanctity of the individual and The Constitution to limit government power, the free-market, the rule of law and private property to protect the individual. If one wants to call that 'right-wing' feel free, but most of us would call it American.

However, the Democrat party has been infested by the far-left and actually have power. Unfortunately, they are continuing to push anti-American positions such as an ever-increasing large government, which is the most direct threat to individual liberty we have. No thank you.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:32 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,863,005 times
Politically speaking the far left knows what they're doing tactically, but do not have an end game. The Far right already had a plan and it's no longer valid. Where we are today is a product of political/social evolution. We're getting by, doing OK and deal mostly with first world issues.

The more peaceful the world and society at large becomes, the further left we as a nation/world become. As a Conservative Christian American, nothing wrong with that until the wolves show up.... and guess what? they always have and they always do. Worry does nothing.

See world history for reference.

Old 07-24-2019, 06:44 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,100,746 times
Trump has fueled hatred with his racist and intolerant language for about four years now.

If he wins in 2020, we'll be stuck with another four years of hatred. If he loses in 2020, it is up to the incoming democrat to ensure they are respectful and level-headed, and do not be petty and mean-spirited like Donald Trump was. Do not insult your enemies and call people names, like Donald Trump did.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:08 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,485,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The far-right in this country has no power and is not a part of the power structure. The GOP is right where it has been since it's founding in the 1850s. That is, with emphasis on the sanctity of the individual and The Constitution to limit government power, the free-market, the rule of law and private property to protect the individual. If one wants to call that 'right-wing' feel free, but most of us would call it American.

However, the Democrat party has been infested by the far-left and actually have power. Unfortunately, they are continuing to push anti-American positions such as an ever-increasing large government, which is the most direct threat to individual liberty we have. No thank you.
Meh, the largest growth in Federal government has been a bloated and excessive military, which can be blamed directly on Republicans of the last few decades. A bloated professional military is historically (the world over) as direct a threat to individual liberty and representative government as one will ever see.

It's no secret that more military bases are in the south and that the south contributes a disproportionate number of careerists. Southern politicians have used the military as a source of pork for generations, placing bases strategically to create jobs in struggling communities and regions.

Chickenhawk Trump insisted on giving the Pentagon even more money than it asked for. Now he has an arms industry lobbyist running the thing. This is a perfect storm for the Military-Industrial Complex.

Republicans (well, Trump following 'Republicans') complain about having to subsidize NATO and other programs, but when one suggests that the Pentagon budget be cut by the same amount as the proposed subsidy cut one hears crickets. The Pentagon is a sacred cow, it's budget has a check valve for money on it: money goes in, but never comes out.

Frankly, Republicans are hypocrites about balanced budgets and small government. Their rhetoric is an excuse, but not the reason for their actions.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:09 AM

14,968 posts, read 9,863,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Trump has fueled hatred with his racist and intolerant language for about four years now.

If he wins in 2020, we'll be stuck with another four years of hatred. If he loses in 2020, it is up to the incoming democrat to ensure they are respectful and level-headed, and do not be petty and mean-spirited like Donald Trump was. Do not insult your enemies and call people names, like Donald Trump did.
Your right about hatred ... from the left. President Trump is hated and that open hate towards Americans, was masked in contempt for regular people, for a very long time. The word deplorable is the defining word of contempt, for those who are not "in the democrat fold". We wear that badge proudly.

Level headed-ness is an unknown attribute of the left and name calling and pettiness is part and parcel of American politics, however... president Trump is just better at it than his opponents.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:43 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,485,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
... President Trump is hated and that open hate towards Americans...
It seems like the only thing some of you people understand is hate. It motivates you and you project it upon others.

That you would dismiss rightful indignation as 'hate' just tells the rest of us how lost you really are. Get that chip off of your shoulder and open your mind.

Trump has political rivals, of course, mostly because of his dishonesty and incompetence. He was well known as a swindler and a hoaxer long before he was elected (but apparently not by you). People should not have to accept such a miscreant in public office, whether for mayor, governor nor especially for president.

I don't hate the dog that craps on my lawn, he is just being a dog. Once one understands that one can take appropriate measures, no emotion necessary.

I don't hate the sexual predator at the other end of the neighborhood, I just know to keep my daughter away from his reach. That is the sensible and rational response.

I don't hate Donald Trump, I just know he has swindled thousands of hardworking ordinary people out of their life's savings, and cheated partners and contractors and investors ... and he has obstructed justice. Donald Trump has no business running the executive branch of these United States and I will vote against him as is the proper response from an informed and thoughtful voter.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:45 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,710,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Du Ma View Post
Americans are too fat and our economy/life style are too good to start another Civil War.

But if there is a another Civil War, i’d side with the conservatives/republicans because they have the most guns.
Dehydration will drop the over-60 crowd...you know, the majority of who listens to hate on TV and Radio. When they leave their A/C they will be done for.

Old 07-24-2019, 07:52 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,710,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
The GOP is right where it has been since it's founding in the 1850s. .
So your theory if that the GOP - which was virtually 100% Northern (Yankee!) liberals, radicals and abolitionists - somehow disappeared and instantly turned into the Southern Conservatives?

You must know that is fantastic besides being untrue. The South, that is the "Republicans" of today, never accepted their loss (they wanted slaves and actually kept them in everything but name), while the North has progressed in virtually every measure from GDP to life span to other measures of happiness, productivity and freedom.

You have it backwards...unless you somehow believe that the North passed the 13th Amendment and then.....all of a sudden, the "free" South grabbed the mantle and have been leading the way ever since.

But that's not history. Read. The so-callled "Republicans" you speak of are the Northern more-Urban liberals then...as well as today. The only difference is they are called by a different name today....

Why do you think gay marriage, legal rec pot, etc. is in MA - and yet they still jail people in parts of the South for the same thing (pot)???

A very easy lesson for you would be to look at the Reps and Senators who voted for those "freedom" amendments and map them out. One and done.....

Old 07-24-2019, 07:55 AM

27,625 posts, read 21,169,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_n_Tenn View Post
Your right about hatred ... from the left. President Trump is hated and that open hate towards Americans, was masked in contempt for regular people, for a very long time. The word deplorable is the defining word of contempt, for those who are not "in the democrat fold". We wear that badge proudly.

Level headed-ness is an unknown attribute of the left and name calling and pettiness is part and parcel of American politics, however... president Trump is just better at it than his opponents.
I would feel hated and at the very least absolutely disrespected if some spoiled rich guy ripped me off of my savings at his bogus university or wormed his way out of paying me for my services rendered. But that's just me
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies