Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2019, 11:06 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,380,719 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
I would have felt a lot easier with Trump in charge if he had actually done something about that, right from the start. But at best he just dodges around the subject and puts on a farce of a display.
Why shouldn't he? It's a waste of resources. It's silly to be concerned about something so relatively inconsequential. The false framing of reality by domestic mass media is a million times more influential and a million times more harmful than anything Russia can do.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:08 AM

6,574 posts, read 6,745,260 times
All kidding aside with the back & forth out here....it should trouble everyone deeply that Mueller & his gang overturned hundreds of years of law on the presumption of innocence. He admitted that he held Trump to a different standard.

Everyone should watch the 5-minute clip of John Ratcliffe R Texas grilling Mueller over this.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:16 AM

1,893 posts, read 1,011,441 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Stranger View Post
All kidding aside with the back & forth out here....it should trouble everyone deeply that Mueller & his gang overturned hundreds of years of law on the presumption of innocence. He admitted that he held Trump to a different standard.

Everyone should watch the 5-minute clip of John Ratcliffe R Texas grilling Mueller over this.

Mueller said nothing about guilt or innocence in his report. He corrected an answer that was somewhat confusing to Rep Lieu. I don't need to see some partisan hack from Texas (there were a couple of them) grilling him.

Mueller never said Trump was either guilty or innocent of anything.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/24/polit...ntv/index.html

Old 07-25-2019, 11:19 AM

20,187 posts, read 23,864,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Mueller said nothing about guilt or innocence in his report. He corrected an answer that was somewhat confusing to Rep Lieu. I don't need to see some partisan hack from Texas (there were a couple of them) grilling him.

In the justice system, that's called not guilty...

Old 07-25-2019, 11:29 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Who? I think your confused Trump is president not Obama so this is about Trump and Russia. We can’t go back and fix that problem. We need to address this one. Your using the word hypocrite but your doing the same thing your accusing me of.
"I think your confused Trump is president not Obama"

I think it YOU who is confused. This ABOUT RUSSIAN interference in our elections and OBAMA was president when it happened.

Do dems EVER take responsibility for what they have and NOT have done?

Old 07-25-2019, 11:29 AM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
After hearing Mueller speak I find it inconceivable that he was in charge of a bunch of type A, well educated, determined attorneys. He just wasn't.
The whole investigation was run by the staff, not Mueller.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:34 AM

43,140 posts, read 18,298,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
After hearing Mueller speak I find it inconceivable that he was in charge of a bunch of type A, well educated, determined attorneys. He just wasn't.
The whole investigation was run by the staff, not Mueller.
They used his name for his name. He didn't know who GPS Fusion was.
I think he just signed things as they came to his desk.

After yesterday I'd like to know who was really running the show because it certainly wasn't Mueller.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:36 AM

4,023 posts, read 1,443,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post

Ha lol. You mention partisan hack and yet post a link to a CNN article. No credibility.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:40 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,005,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post

After yesterday I'd like to know who was really running the show because it certainly wasn't Mueller.
I'll go one step further: the Dems used Mueller to push through their 'Orange Man Bad' Narrative because he was a Conservative hero (military, Republican, etc).

But they threw him under the bus, knowing that he could not field detailed questions from informed constituents, and let him roast.

The real 'man behind the scenes' is:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
Who was really the leader of the investigation - as it certainly was not Robert Mueller! Again - Andrew Weissman?

Mueller did not know details of his own reports and investigation, and was poorly prepared by the Dems to field intelligent questions about both.

I truly feel sorry for the poor man. He was used as a pawn by the Dems, and leaves public life not as a hero, but discarded by the vile Dems as a broken man.

Old 07-25-2019, 11:41 AM

25,583 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post

I was flabbergasted.
I think there is something wrong with the guy. You know, early stage dementia or something like that. Wasn't familiar with Fusion GPS?!

The whole thing reminded me of that old Movie "Being There" where Chance, a feeble minded gardener, is mistaken for a profound guru of some sort. Shirley McClain and Peter Sellers. Every time he said something people just clung to it looking for deeper meaning.
Almost like Alan Greenspan and the way people used to discuss and debate what he meant..... and it meant nothing!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies