Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 10:07 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
85 pages in, and sadly, no one is doubting it is a true statement.

That's the vital issue.

BTW, almost all East Coast urban cores have areas that are truly dumps. Many look similar to the post WWII bombed out neighborhoods we have seen in photos.

Dreadful.
FYI urban cores in nearly all cities are "truly dumps." IMO the comments about Baltimore are kind of ridiculous. I lived in Atlanta, GA for many years and they have worse neighborhoods than Baltimore. I've also stayed a time in Birmingham, AL and they have similar neighborhoods. All urban areas have some crappy parts of town. To act like they don't is ridiculous. All counties/parishes period have some "dump" places in them. I live in Ohio and we have 5 major cities and all of them have "dump" looking neighborhoods/sections.

It is also important to note that most urban dwellers are indeed Democrats, that is because urban areas force you to live in closer confines with your neighbors/communities than those in suburban or rural areas but even in suburban or rural areas run by Republicans, there are dump neighborhoods/sections (and literal dumps like old cars and hot tubs in people's yards near where I live lol).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 10:08 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,501,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
That doesn't speak well of you.
We’ve been through this before. Allow me to remind you yet again that I, ATX Wahine, don’t give a crap what you, silverkris, an anonymous internet poster, thinks of me. Your attempts at shaming me for having a different opinion than you would only work if I cared about your opinion any more than to offer this reply.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:09 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
The problem is already being solved. Money is pouring into the facilities.

I’m not interested in arguing over which man has a better point. I’m sticking to the chronological order of events that lead us up to today, and those events started when Cummings criticized Trump about the border crisis. Trump’s response for Cummings to worry about his own backyard strike a chord with MANY Americans who have grown tired of Democratic leaders showing more concern for illegal immigrants than living conditions of their own constituents here in America.
So why didn't Trump just say that - it's getting fixed?

Well, you can enforce border control without being inhumane. That's the crux of it.

Trump chose to pander to some of the baser instincts in our polity in a 2 for 1 tweetstorm - stoke xenophobia and slam black people. He didn't have to do that. I'd like to think we're a better people than that.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:10 AM

33,553 posts, read 18,143,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Trump is a racist. You dont have to believe it. He has said publicly, I'm not a racist. Kind a like hearing Nixon saying, I'm not a crook. Or OJ saying, I'm absolutely 100% innocent.
If anyone is racist it is the democrats that keep talking about skin color . especially black skincolor, talking that having black skin is some kind of bad deal for them.. now that is condescending . Dems don't believe blacks are equal because they are black.. this is the most racist type of usury of people..

Old 07-30-2019, 10:11 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
We’ve been through this before. Allow me to remind you yet again that I, ATX Wahine, don’t give a crap what you, silverkris, an anonymous internet poster, thinks of me. Your attempts at shaming me for having a different opinion than you would only work if I cared about your opinion any more than to offer this reply.
Obviously you thought enough to shoot back a reply. Too predictable --- you take the bait every time. Just like your boy Trump.

Have a Coke and a smile.

Last edited by silverkris; 07-30-2019 at 10:31 AM..

Old 07-30-2019, 10:11 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,814,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
Is it racist to point out that young black men commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime in America's cities and have been doing so for decades?
It is because all of "America's cities" don't have a disproportionate amount of violent crime committed by black men. There are 100% or nearly 100% white cities/towns where all the crime is committed by whites.

Note that that spiel - that "black men commit more violent crime" has been stated in America since the 1700s while white men were literally raping and killing native Americans, black people, and even white people who were poor - they didn't keep track of their crimes like they did for other demographics. IMO that is similar to the case today which is why crime statistics IMO aren't all that useful unless you are focusing on a specific community in a specific geographic area.

Placing black men as the face of "violent crime" is racist since 99.5% of black men are not violent criminals.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:12 AM

52,198 posts, read 52,629,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They call us all racists if we support TRump.. this supporter originally was going to vote for Ben Carson and I read his books but he would have been decimated if he ever became president.

Democrats hate black Republicans and call them oreos.. ask Shirley Jackson Lee. Oreos are black on the outside and white on the inside.. they are the racists.. always looking at skin color even if they are black and Republican.
It seems like the political left is obsessed with race.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:13 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,595,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Cummings gave the HHS director Hell in a congressional hearing about the sub-human conditions in the detention centers that include not enough water to take showers. Tell me how that isn't right? If this was Iran doing this, you conservative would be saying it is a humanitarian crisis. Instead brown man bad...
Okay, and then Trump gave Cummings hell in return about the terrible conditions in Baltimore where black people have described certain areas as war zones.

Why is this not a humanitarian crisis requiring greater precedence? These are Americans we're talking about.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:13 AM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times
Quote:
The problem is already being solved. Money is pouring into the facilities.

I’m not interested in arguing over which man has a better point. I’m sticking to the chronological order of events that lead us up to today, and those events started when Cummings criticized Trump about the border crisis. Trump’s response for Cummings to worry about his own backyard strike a chord with MANY Americans who have grown tired of Democratic leaders showing more concern for illegal immigrants than living conditions of their own constituents here in America.
You should be Trump's messaging coach, and I mean that as a compliment.

The problem is that, although he may have meant what you wrote, that's not what he said, and he phrased what he did say in an unnecessarily inflammatory manner.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:15 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Trump is a racist. You dont have to believe it. He has said publicly, I'm not a racist. Kind a like hearing Nixon saying, I'm not a crook. Or OJ saying, I'm absolutely 100% innocent.
This is some next level TDS right here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies