Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2019, 09:51 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,372,081 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
I really don’t give a crap about conditions for adult migrants in our detention centers. They have a myriad of options available to themselves to avoid these places. I don’t take such a hardline stance on kids, and I’m confident that things have improved for them. But adults? Screw ‘em.
That doesn't speak well of you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmil View Post
I agree, but I think that's also why it's silly to say this makes Trump a racist. If Elijah Cummings wasn't chairman of the Oversight committee, it's doubtful Trump would be going after him.

Uh, Trump has been a racist long before he got into the White House.

But to address the current row with Cummings, Trump didn't have to react by dragging the city of Baltimore into it. He could have stuck to addressing the bad conditions in the detention centers and focused on that. But of course, Trump can't talk coherantly on anything focused on policy. His default move is to attack, attack, attack - and in crude terms. And he seems to attack folks who are of color in very prejudicial, stereotypical ways.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2019, 09:56 AM

27,627 posts, read 28,723,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
it's sad that the insipid leftist idea that any/all criticism of 'people of color' is inherently 'racist' has infected the thinking of so many.
This is the reason why the left thinks it was "racist" for Trump to point out that a lot of illegal aliens coming across the Mexican border are criminals and rapists.

You can't say anything bad about brown people. lol

Old 07-30-2019, 09:58 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,839,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
agreed. it's sad that the insipid leftist idea that any/all criticism of 'people of color' is inherently 'racist' has infected the thinking of so many.

Wanted to note, I mentioned earlier in the thread that I didn't believe that Trump's comments about Baltimore were racist; however, I do believe Trump is a racist. I've always thought he was a racist even before he ran for president. Mostly due to his history in housing and his comments about the "Mexican" judge but also some of his words/actions/behavior on "The Apprentice."

Old 07-30-2019, 10:00 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,869,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
He does insult only people of color if 'people of color' includes the color white:

Bill and Hillary, Comey, McCain, Ann Coulter, Jeb Bush, Katie Kouric, Chuck Schumer, RBG, Chief Justice Roberts, Iowans, Cuomo, dozens or hundreds more.

I have to agree. Donald Trump is an equal opportunity name caller. No one is safe, except his little Princess Ivanka. Whenever Trump is making some ugly comment about someone, you can almost hear him say "na-na-na-na-na....you are a poopie head !"

Who would ever think a 70+ year old man would have the maturity level of a 3 year old ?

Old 07-30-2019, 10:01 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,517,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverkris View Post
Cummings had a valid criticism. Instead of addressing the issue, Trump just goes personal. Why doesn't he stick to solving the problem?
The problem is already being solved. Money is pouring into the facilities.

I’m not interested in arguing over which man has a better point. I’m sticking to the chronological order of events that lead us up to today, and those events started when Cummings criticized Trump about the border crisis. Trump’s response for Cummings to worry about his own backyard strike a chord with MANY Americans who have grown tired of Democratic leaders showing more concern for illegal immigrants than living conditions of their own constituents here in America.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:02 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,771,330 times
So, in 118 pages I've learned that Democrats think ...

Baltimore is an example of the shining city on the hill.

And to say otherwise is racist. No vowing to help, no vowing to change conditions. They're answer is... "your racist" translation.. shut up. Think about that! Any bidders for real estate here? Elect a Dem and this is what they consider the good life.

Last edited by petch751; 07-30-2019 at 10:10 AM..

Old 07-30-2019, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Wanted to note, I mentioned earlier in the thread that I didn't believe that Trump's comments about Baltimore were racist; however, I do believe Trump is a racist. I've always thought he was a racist even before he ran for president. Mostly due to his history in housing and his comments about the "Mexican" judge but also some of his words/actions/behavior on "The Apprentice."
Nobody ever accused Trump for being a racist until he ran for President as a Republican.

This is true in spite of the fact that Trump was a household name for decades.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:03 AM

33,315 posts, read 12,575,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They call us all racists if we support TRump.. this supporter originally was going to vote for Ben Carson and I read his books but he would have been decimated if he ever became president.

Democrats hate black Republicans and call them oreos.. ask Shirley Jackson Lee. Oreos are black on the outside and white on the inside.. they are the racists.. always looking at skin color even if they are black and Republican.
Sheila Jackson Lee, not Shirley.

Some of the radio people (on air) here in the Houston metro who don't like her call her SheJack.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:04 AM

6,739 posts, read 4,428,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post

Trump is a racist. You dont have to believe it. He has said publicly, I'm not a racist. Kind a like hearing Nixon saying, I'm not a crook. Or OJ saying, I'm absolutely 100% innocent.

Old 07-30-2019, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RcHydro View Post
Trump is a racist. You dont have to believe it. He has said publicly, I'm not a racist. Kind a like hearing Nixon saying, I'm not a crook. Or OJ saying, I'm absolutely 100% innocent.
Is it racist to point out that young black men commit a disproportionate amount of violent crime in America's cities and have been doing so for decades?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies